Ben Nye Lumiere Grande Colour

4.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Omg, these are the best eyeshadows ever!!! I received these as a birthday present and I fell in love!!! They are highly pigmented and don't fade off which is great. If you love bright colors I would totally recommend people to buy them! You can buy them at http://www.makeupmania.com/details/TI-0111-26-000.cfm or http://bubbasikes.com/supersavers.html

on 1/6/2009 10:50:00 PM

This is probably my favourite make-up palette I own, and my favourite eyeshadows also. It cost me $80 canadian with shipping and exchange rate, which makes each shadow only $6.66 C, for the quality of the shadows I would consider that dirt cheap! and it would be even cheaper for Americans since shipping on the product would probably be less than half what I paid.
These colours are so pigmented, have a beautiful shine to them, and last so long without staining your skin. I've even used them without a primer and they creased, but still stayed very bright.
Plus the shadows are big, I doubt I will ever run out of any of the colours, but even if you do it is easy to just buy a single colour de-potted to be put in your palette.
If you like bright colours, get this palette!! You will not regret it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I LOVE these shadows! They are inexpensive, but highly pigmented. They are a larger sized shadow too which helps it last even longer. They wear long, and blend nicely.

on 11/7/2008 2:09:00 AM

These eyeshadows are probably among my favorites! I'm a girl who LOVES bright eyeshadows, and I love how pigmented they are, and the price isn't too bad (like $9 each). The pan size is like as big as a smaller size blush...so you get a lot! These eyeshadows are a bit on the soft side, but that's something I can easily get over. If I had to choose favorite colors, I would go with Sun Yellow, Golden Apricot, Azalea Pink, and Chartruese...or how about all of them : )

on 10/23/2008 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love these shadows! Even with my Pro discount at MAC these are still less expensive at retail price! The pigments are strong, the color selection is huge, and the wear is loooong... wish I would've discovered BN sooner!

I bought the 12 Lumiere palette after hearing over and over on YouTube how great these are. I am in love with Ben Nye! I am very impressed with the quality and pigmentation of these colors. I have an enormous collection of MAC, Urban Decay, and Stila eye shadows, therefore was a bit hesitant about buying Ben Nye. However the colors are very unique and vibrant. The eye shadows are soft with shimmer. The shimmer is very small, and unnoticeable. The eye shadows are soft and you only need a little product for the colors to show. I bought this palette off Bubbasikes.com , which is a clown website. You have to click on the "Specials" icon at the bottom of the page to buy this palette for $49. Be careful because if you don't click on the "Specials" icon it will cost you $54 instead of $49. The price is cheaper than any other site that I know of. Shipping took only 2 days, so I'm happy. One thing about this product I don't like is the packaging. I don't mind the tin palette, however they come with these plastic caps that are hard to take off.

on 10/16/2008 9:41:00 PM

Great colors! Beautiful pigmentation. I love it! Too bad the packaging sucks, then again who cares, it's just packaging.

on 9/22/2008 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

love the packaging, love the colors, love using it wet.
Has some fall out like other reviewers. Colors are true. Love it.

on 8/27/2008 9:29:00 PM

I was really excited when i bought this palette, after watching all the youtube videos about it..its really amazing but some colors not alot of payoff..but with a base everything looks amazing. The eyeshadows sometimes have alot of fall out and you cant have a heavy hand when swatching because it kinda falls apart not really pressed well. But all in all pretty good palette for the price. I would buy again!

on 8/1/2008 7:06:00 PM

AWESOME palette for an amazing price. These shadows are of excellent quality and are so inexpensive. I am really wanting to buy more Ben Nye stuff, the quality is amazing and I can't believe how inexpensive it is. Just goes to show how much money goes to advertising, packaging, etc with high end brands, because BN quality is comparable to high end. The packaging and such may be more simple, but if you don't care about that, and want to experiment with fun bright colours, get this palette! I got mine from Bubbas Clownsupplies, an online store.

Top Rated Ben Nye Products