April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Pressed Powders - Sonia Kashuk - bare minimum pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by VioletDesdemona

I really like this product since it mattifies my skin beautifully. I also love the packaging of the product, it's cute. All in all i would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by LaurenReneeArvay

I love this powder as a mass-market powder. My go-to for cheaper powder was Maybelline Dream Matte powder, but honestly after a while I noticed how chalky it was and how it barely covered anything. This powder is very nicely milled and gives a lot of coverage. It gives a very smooth finish when I use it as a setting powder. I love the packaging because the round, mirror like case can be used as a mirror in itself, so you don't have to open your compact every time you want to check your face. A definite repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive been using this for a few weeks and im very frustrated because I absolutely love the color its in because it matches my fair skin (nc5-nc15) perfectly. I have it in the trans fair which is a very nice neutral color but a tad bit more on the yellow side. The downfall is that this stuff really sinks into my pores and makes them look really big, especially if I use it by itself (without foundation/primer). If i use a primer its a little better and sometimes the foundation helps but Im just sad because I love the color but I hate that it shows my pores so much.

I will keep going back to it every once in a while to use it up I think but I dont think Ill be buying it again : /

The packing is also beautiful and the poof is very soft and velvety and hand washable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by TiffCarrillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to powder I just purchase the one in the round package but I've tried both and didn't notice a difference.
It fits better in my purse or make-up bag.
I apply it with a flat top brush and it leaves a very soft velvety finish.
Doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin
I love the white packaging in the whole Sonia Kashuk collection I think it's really cute.

Just wish it came with more product I go through about 1 every month but it's still worth it
I just picked one up from target today for $9.99

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by amberlynnbg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very very finely milled, silky smooth powder. Comparable to Lancome's pressed powders. Goes on smooth and doesn't look cakey---- would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the powder I keep in my bag for touchups. It's very light-weight, but it's awesome for controlling oil. I use translucent-fair and I don't notice it making a real significant difference in the color of my skin. the compact is really sturdy, and I like that the puff is in a separate compartment. Another bonus about the packaging--it's got a silver mirror-like finish, so it's pretty easy to find in the bottom of my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by okashiigirl

I like the way it looks as well as it's powdery-ness and well
worth the 6 bucks ;D

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by flagrl561

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I heard so many good reviews on Sonia Kashuk products. So, when I saw this powder on clearance for $2.50, I snatched it immediately. It provides light to medium coverage even though it's dual coverage. It feels slightly heavy so I am hesitant to build the coverage. It doesn't cake and it doesn't irritate my sensitive acne prone skin. It stands up to oil pretty well without reapplying. I use a BE brush to apply it. It's not the worst product but just mediocre.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by whisper

I'll soon be buying my 3rd compact of this; been using it for a couple yrs now and I have yet to fall out of love with it. I use 'Translucent' (I dislike colored face powder) and it's an extremely high quality product. It applies beautifully with my beloved Eco-Tools powder brush and keeps my face matte all day. Occasionally I'll use a blotting paper midday, but I find that it's really not even necessary. Price is awesome too, around $9.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by marileab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Translucent, and it's a great powder for me. The only makeup I wear every day or close to every day is powder, and I wear it to control shine from my slightly oily skin and from sunscreen. This powder covers well and does a good job of evening out my skin tone. There are only two things I don't like: I never use the little powder puff that comes with it, though, because it is so small. I also don't find the mirror to be very useful. But I don't mind, because I really like the powder itself.