October 21, 2014 | 1732 users online

Shampoo - Phyto - Phytonectar Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this shampoo once a week to alternate the protein-based Dumb Blonde. I actually bought it because it is sulfate-free.
This is a good vegetal shampoo, highly hydrating the hair and also coating it with what feels like a honey-based lustre. Hair will be highly shiny afterwards.
My hair is fine and curly and this shampoo made the blow-dry go easy into straight (I used with Nectar Thermique considering they're both bee-based products) which was not exactly what I wanted, but I guess adding a volume spray or a mousse will make hair bouncier after blow-drying.
It does kill the volume, but it is a nourishing shampoo (treatment) not a styling shampoo. Because it's not chemical it doesn't irritate the scalp at all (and also cleanse it pretty well I'd say).
I think this shampoo does what it says but for people with very fine hair they might need to consider using some volumizing products at the end since it makes hair very soft = falls down straight.
It does not improve much about the breakage - if you have that problem.
I use it to seal the proteins I put on my hair with the Dumb Blonde line (which does indeed make hair stronger, and fixes the breaking) and also to clarify my hair (since DB takes some shine away I assume it puts a lot stuff into my hair).
It's nice. If you love pin straight hair, this shampoo and a very hydrating mask, and a blowdry will help you achieve that.
This is it for now, I'll update if I see more improvement from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ElleBea

I've been using this shampoo since it was packaged in those cumbersome glass bottles (the new metal ones are much lighter). Even though I've tried some other shampoos (Biolage, Artec, Redken etc.) I always return tho this one. I have blond, highlighted hair which is often dry. This shampoo hydrates without weighing it down. The only other shampoo that has come close is Kerastase Bain Satin, but that one costs a bit more.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by avmanion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use the Phytojoba regularly, but then I switched to CG method for curly hair and went sulfate-free. I use Phyto-joba still as a clarifying shampoo, because even though it has sulfates in it it's still pretty gentle.

I thought that I'd switch to an even lower sulfate product with Phyto-nectar, but I'm not liking this as much as Phytojoba. It is gentler, and it foams up a lot less (it's not supposed to foam up, most low sulfate or sulfate free shampoos won't foam up). I like the smell well enough, but prefer the Phyto-joba, so I think once I finish up this bottle I'll go back to that for my clarifying shampoo.

My boyfriend has extremely dry curly hair (4a) and this is great for him. After just one wash he was significantly less frizzy. I think the scent is a little too girly for him though, because he's back using the Bumble and Bumble shampoo I also donated to him when it didn't work out for me. :D

Also, I understand why they use the aluminum bottles, with the whole low preservative thing (marketing), and they are an improvement on the glass ones (I shattered one in my tiled shower once-terrible!) but yeah, those slippery bottles and the tops suck. It's so easy to pour out too much product, and spill and blahblahblah. I keep meaning to get a pump, but never do...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the way this shampoo works on my fine, dry hair. It is expensive, though, as all Phyto products are. Very hydrating. Smells Really Nice - vaguely of orange blossom! Thicker than Phytojoba - which I also like.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Dagnys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this shampoo. I use only the smallest amount, and while it isn't SUPER lathery, it smells wonderful.

I have highlighted hair and it is on the dry side with an oily scalp.
This shampoo is gentle enough for my hair itself, but doesn't exacerbate my oily roots

It is simply my very favorite shampoo. I follow it with their spray-on leave in conditioner for color treated hair and my locks are exceptionally soft without being weighed down or greasy in any way.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Lence

Purchased this after reading good reviews. I have 4a/b relaxed hair & I don't see what all the hype is about. It was just okay & I used the entire bottle before writing this review. Won't repurchase. Cheaper brands perform better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed with this shampoo. The consistency is too thick-the shampoo wouldn't lather for me which in turn made me feel like my hair wasn't properly cleaned. I didn't see any other noticable improvements. The screw top metal bottle is a pain to contend with....ugh will not purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by h2okolor

Of all the Phyto shampoos this one is the best (for me). Great smell, very nice results. Bottle cap is the pits.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Burningacid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo! I love the Aluminium bottle, I love the texture, I love the smell and most of all I love how nice my hair is when I use this. You all must know, that every hair is different and you must search long for the best products for your hair. I`m happy that I have found my products relative fast. I have tried Rene Furterer, Redken and most of the drug store shits out there and Phyto is the best for my hair. No silicone in the shampoos too! I will probably stick to it forever, but I like to try new things and I will betray Phyto if I find something better, but for now this is the really THE BEST line for me!
P.S.: I have curly, dry hair, which is now more curly, more soft, with more volume, shine and most important healhy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 7:29:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can I give this Zero?Yes,Zero would be perfect rating for this product.It did absolutelly nothing but made my hair look like straw.It made my hair tangled as well,dried it out even more than it is usually.Not worth the money at all.Actually,not worth of any try at all,because I get better results with some cheap store brands.