November 28, 2014 | 1593 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Fresh Moroccan Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fresh Moroccan looks AMAZING on my NC25 skin. It brings out the warm tones in my skin and the orange flecks in my brown eyes. It gets 4 stars and not 5 because, like most MAC frosts, it is kind of drying on the lips after a while if worn alone. I noticed some other reviewers called it a "red" lipstick but it really leans more towards a red-orange with copper/gold reflection. Gorgeous for fall and winter!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by curlyq5008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite red from MAC. This works great on pale, warm-toned gals like myself who don't want to advertise to the world that they are rocking a red lip :) Kinda wish it was a lustre instead of a frost, as the finish is drying. I love this with Get Rich Quick lipglass on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by tinypglady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color! On me, an NC45, it looks awesome. It's a red that looks good with my skintone, which is hard to come by. It looks exactly like the description says - red with a bit of gold. Beautimous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by natuerlich0207maria

It's a nice orangy deep red with golden shimmer. It fits smokey or neutral eyes. That lipstick goes on really smooth and opaque. It's similar to MACs ruby Darling lipstick, but a bit more vibrant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I've been looking at this for a long time, and finally bought it. It's a frost that lasts a long time. The shade has some sparkle, but not over the top. It's really pretty... a rich brick with golden shimmer. Although I see pink and mauve in a brown brick tone. Not a common shade in other brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I've been dying to try this shade for the longest time now, but for some reason MAC counters here in Malaysia have stopped bringing it in. So finally swapped for it, and I must say that the long wait has been totally worth it. I'm always on the lookout for red lipsticks to try, and while Fresh Moroccan definitely has warm undertones, it wasn't too orange on me, which was one of my fears. It's a beautiful, inviting and very wearable bright (but not fire engine) red that makes me feel very good about having it on. I don't need to be too careful with the application and it wears down to a very pretty stain. The glitters don't worry me too much, and the only reason it loses a lippie is because admittedly it's one of the most drying lipsticks I own, even with a balm underneath, but I'm willing to overlook it for the shade. It's like a redder, warm-toned version of my favourite MAC lipstick, Viva Glam IV. For the curious, I would absolutely urge you to try it. It'll make you feel glamorous, if nothing else. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought this lipstick three times and it is my go to shade for a versatile red. Pairs well with casual and more formal attires. Matches well with many different eye looks too, from the neutral to smokey eye.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looked nice in the store when I applied it to my hand, but once I got home I discovered that this color is actually too dark for my skin tone. Much too bright for me. But it looks very pretty in the tube. If you have jet black hair this will work for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

I enjoy this color in the fall as it's dark brick red tone goes with a lot of my fall outfits. The golden tone of the subtle sparke of this product makes it special and is great on my nc 30 complexion. I do think it makes my teeth look a little dingy, but the plus is that it doesn't turn pink during the day as it wears off. (For a bluer red that still doesn't look clownish, try dubonnet) The overall staying power of fresh moroccan is good, but it is drying and just a bit gritty from the shimmer. That is fixable with a lip conditioner. I also think this lippie looks best with a bit of gloss on top, but that does reduce the staying power. I don't use this often so I can't imagine repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this on at the suggestion of the MAC salesperson (I have red hair and warm skin). I wore it inside and outside for about half an hour before deciding, "Meeehhh..." The reddish-bronze just kind of blends in with my hair and makes my teeth look yellow. I should say that coppery-bronze lippies are not my favorite look. I would like this if it was more definitely red.