February 27, 2015 | 1782 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MorganLovesBrody

I've used a ton if self tanners, so when I see bad reviews of good ones it's usually because people don't know how to use them. I love this stuff. To get the best color though follow these steps. Don't wear this as lotion alone! Before you go to bed mix this w a dab of lotion and apply. In the morning it will be very dark! Take a shower and shave as well as use a loofah w body wash. Afterwards it should be the perfect shade. This stuff is very concentrated and dark so I wouldn't recommend for light skin tones.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Ak03

Well, at first I hated it. It stinks, it's way to glittery, and it was pretty dark. Let it sit over night and then took a shower the next morning. Washed the glitter away and smell and I *LOVE* the color it left!! My skin looked/felt soft and was glowing and perfectly tan. I really recommend this...but after a shower ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Mands783

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this twice in the past week and gotten compliments on how nice my tan looks! I can't stand the smell or the sparkles though! They wash off easily but you have to wait to take a shower so in the meantime you look and smell like a hooker. Good value overall though IMO. Used it as directed and noticed only minimum streaking I'm certain areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this stuff! I have an olive skin tone and purchase this in medium. It gives me an instant glow! Sorta sparkly- but I like it. The smell is kinda funky, but doesn't bother me because it goes away after a shower. I am actually going out today to purchase another one lol. You won't be disappointed with this stuff, folks!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by nicolebeauty

A great self-tanner. I have light olive skin and I use the medium to dark. In ONE USE it gives me a perfect, overall golden tan that lasts up to 3 weeks.

I put on gloves to protect my hands and use a half-dollar size amount for each arm, and double that amount for each leg. I make sure to smooth it on as evenly as possible--I made the mistake before of not trying to "blend" it on my feet or my hands (which I don't use the tanner on). It will give you a harsh line if you don't take the time to try and blend with your hands.

It dries in 5 minutes and you can put on clothes (even light colors!) and go about your day. I only need to use this once and it lasts 3 weeks. The smell isn't great but will dissipate after your first shower.

It does dry out the skin a little--after the first shower I smooth on Bio Oil all over and it makes the skin supple.

Overall, a great product for someone who doesn't want to spend ages doing the "Gradual tan" thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Jaeie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure why everyone hates this product so much. One my cool, pale irish skin it turned out a nice pinky-golden glow! Just the tiniest bit of orange over brown, but I expected as much. One tip: it is a BIT patchy and goes on dark even after the first application, so I like to mix it with regular body lotion to tone it down and make it less patchy.
Also: VERY glittery, but I love it. No cons here!
Took off a lippy for patchiness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEWARE THIS IS VERY ORANGE. If you want to look like a oompa loompa buy this!!! So unnatural looking!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Cddam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry sensitive skin. I used this once and broke out in a head to toe rash. I looked like I had a bad sunburn I was so red. I've used other brands like coppertone that don't give me that reaction. If your like me with very sensitive skin I recomend doing a test patch on your tummy at least twice before you use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by janeeugenia

atrocious horrific orange color, No more tries for L'Oreal all of their self tanners are orange and smell terrible, thumbs down

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Pinky911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my go to self tanner for years. It takes some practice to apply and even when I'm careful, can leave you with slightly orange palms, but I love the slight shimmer it leaves on your skin and the instant color. It has the typical self-tanner smell, but its not too overpowering. I can always smell it hours after it dries, but my husband never notices. All in all, I will continue buying it, especially in the winter months. I use it on my face too without any issues. Its cheap and gets the job done. It is probably too dark on women with fair skin as I always buy the Medium tones option.