October 25, 2014 | 1851 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by malarielynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One word: AMAZING!! This flat iron is the single best gift I ever received at Christmas. Ok, that's exaggerating, but it seriously is the best flat iron I have ever used, better than CHI! It always tears through my slightly coarse, thick hair like it's nobody's business. Heats up to 400 degrees, and never leaves those horribly tacky crimps that bad irons leave. Plus it doesn't make hair stick-straight, and my hair still moves perfectly. Seriously, BUY THIS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely Great! This is the first flat iron I have purchased and hopefully my last! Okay this probably won't last me forever but I have had it for a long time and I love it!

First and foremost I purchased this to curl my hair and straighten it as well, I already have super slick straight hair but for that more defined polished look I definatley needed a good flat iron.

What I love most is the size, the size is about an inch which means you can curl, crimp and style however you can!
Whats funny is I kinda got frusterated learning how to curl my hair and so I started kind of doing a weird half like wavy style which I can no longer do as I have perfected the curl. Thats too bad because I really liked that half wavy look and I got compliments.

The plates itself are great, they are smooth they don't snag your hair they really are a nice pair of plates. The adjustable setting is great too going from a low temperature to a high one, I believe I do most of my styling at 240 degrees or so but it can go higher!

The swivel cord is the best! I love how it doesn't tangle or wrap around anything but it stays perfect.

I love this flat iron and I hope it stays with me for a long time!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by dtzybrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WARNING: Do NOT try to use a foreign adapter with this. Although I checked the Voltage limits of both my US to UK adapters and it should have worked, both times I've tried to use it it kind of exploded (the second time because I thought it was the adapter's fault and I wanted to see if the HAI was broken), and I got a power surge so badly it automatically turned off power to my room.

I've used this straightener in America for about 3 or 4 years. It still works well, and the plates aren't worn. However, if you are travelling to Europe do not bring it with you. For the $100+ I paid for it that is really unacceptable. I'm not sure if it's permanently broken and I won't be able to find out until I go back home in a few months. :( That's why I gave it a 3.

If any British people have a recommendation for a good straightener I can get here please PM me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i had been using cheap-o flat irons for years. basically because i only used the flat iron every so often. lately though i have been liking the straight look and i decided that i should invest in something better than something from walmart. after reading reviews here i decided on this iron and i LOVE it. affordable, heats in mere seconds and just like other ladies have commented it actually makes your hair have a natural smooth / flat look to it but adds volume. i love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I am sooo glad I bought this. I was debating between this one and the Chi Turbo and this had MUCH better reviews so I went with this one. It heats up really fast and it only takes one swipe over the hair and it is straightened. It is nice too because it makes your hair straight but not FLAT like some irons. I can get a nice volume at the roots. You can also use this iron to make waves. My hair is kinda short now so I wouldn't work that well on me...I got mine of EBAY for $65 and would gladly pay double for this iron. Makes you hair shiny and smooth looking, even better than BEFORE you straighten! It you are debating on what iron to get, go for this one hands down!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by sourcow

This product does straighten hair, however, not as easily as I hoped it would. I have straight course hair. I had to really clamp down on the flat iron and pass the iron through my hair VERY slowly. It even adds some static (if I iron my hair quickly). Also, if I iron my hair quickly, it doesn't really straighten my hair, just adds static. So, to get this to work, clamp iron down strongly, pass through the hair slowly, and run it through the hair as much as you can. I will admit that it does add some shine to your hair. Its not the best flat iron, but for the price it does its job ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by CattySpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this HAI Flat Iron for about 4 years now and it's still going strong! It is one of the amazing flat irons I have ever used. When I worked at a Salon, I've tried hundreds of different types of Flat Irons and always came back to good 'ol HAI. It makes my hair looks so sleek and shiny and healthy. I know it would never damage or burn my hair (been using for 4 years, I'd know if it killed me or not). Its now $85 around there, so cheap to buy...last a while...this Iron is the Goddess of all irons! :P

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product! I purchased it on ebay after doing ALOT of research. I'm so glad I did. It leaves my hair soft and not PIN straight; it looks healthy. I can turn the ends in if I want to. It's so easy to use. I had my hairdresser use it on me and she was TOTALLY impressed! It was better then any she had ever used. She actually purchased one the next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by baybeelee

i used a t3 before this and the hai blows the t3 out of the water! the hai leaves the hair silky and smooth and it simply glides through my hair. my hair looks healthy and cute...wat more can you ask for from a flat iron.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Asmodeus

Why is this getting such good reviews? o_O It sucks. I have coarse, wavy, asian hair and it fails to straighten it--it would revert back to its natural state after a few mins and when it is very humid outside. When I try to straighten my heat on the lower settings (about 250), it would not budge. I keep setting it higher and it would make my hair look fried and stick out all over the place (without using product). I'll be sticking to my sedu. No product needed and it makes my hair look very soft and stays straight throughout the day.