April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a lovely cream for nails. It is expensive but it's rich and moisturizing. Sally Hansen makes a knockoff of this but the texture and fragrance are not as nice as this Dior product. It lasts a very long time, I've had mine for 2 years and I still have plenty left. I am not sure I would repurchase even though it's nice but I am glad I tried this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Kaneve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very dry, ragged, cracked cuticles. This works. I don't know why it works so well but it does. And I have tried so many alternatives, every other popular nail cream or oil, none of them even came close to this. In fact the money I spent hunting for a cheaper option, I could've probably stayed supplied with this HG for 3 years. How foolish. Sticking with what works...I'll be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good cream. It takes real good care of cuticle, can't say for sure it hardens the nails a lot. But the price is a huge drawback. There are other creams that are doing as good (if not better) job and they cost a fracture of this price. Brand name - yes, but it should deliver so much more for the price in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does nothing spectacular for my nails, but it's not bad either, so I will continue using it as long as it's empty. You can use any other oily/paste nail cream instead of it, imho, that will cost a lot less. Like Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream, which is similar in consistency, does the same job, but for a lot cheaper price per ml and can be used elsewhere as well. Or any other similar thing. I think the price is the weakest point of this, it's just too much for the little boxful you get. It's great to carry around in your bag, though. Abricot creme is sticky, so do not try putting on nail polish after using it. I think they recommend using it at a night time before going to bed and that is what one should do. Good I got it from Ebay for a reasonable price, otherwise it would have not been worth the money. The package is cute, though, and once it's empty, I can use it to store some other cream in it to carry around in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this product. It is a great nail/curticle cream. The texture is thick but the only thing I didn't like about the product was the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a big fan at all. It is really sticky and hard to get off of your hands and I haven't noticed any difference in my cuticles.

Definitely a waste of money in my opinion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

At US$24.50 for 0.35 ounces, this is probably the most expensive nail cream available. It comes in a small white plastic container. The cream has a foil covering, but there is no air space, so when the foil is peeled back, there is a messy accumulation of cream that spills over the top. This is a very thick cream (which I like) because it stays where it's put and only a tiny bit is necessary for all ten nails. I use it at night and Hard as Hoof during the day.

I thought this cream would have an apricot fragrance and color, but it doesn't. The color is a deep artificial pink, and it has a flowery fragrance.

The label says this is a "Fortifying Cream For Nails. A legendary and ultra-effective nail cream that encourages nail growth and improves resistance."

Instructions say to "Gently massage around nails, so that cream penetrates into the skin. For maximum effectiveness, use before going to bed, allowing the cream to work all night." I give myself weekly manicures and remove my polish the night before my manicure. After washing my face, my nails have absorbed water. I dry my nails and apply Creme Abricot so it stays on my moisturized nails all night. The next morning my nails don't look dry. Since using the creme, my manicures stay on better.

Dior's Creme Abricot has been available for 50 years, so it must be doing something right!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by NahidaBasma

I really like this product ! It does miracles to the nails the only con that you need to consider before buying is that you cannot apply polish after applying this you have to let it dry by its self so its well absorbed

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Trata

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried this product based on a beauty tip in a French magazine; was glad to find it available in US by the same name. Far and away the best nail/cuticle product I've ever tried—it actually works, and my cuticles improved literally overnight. Living in a cold climate, my nails & cuticles are extremely dry in the winter, with ugly hangnails. Nightly use of this product eliminates the problem. I've used other products in recent years, including solar oil, with little or no result. This product is different. Like other reviewers, I find it sticky, but I rather like the mild apricot scent. Again like others, I find that only a tiny, tiny amount is needed; a single pot will last me for a year. Very highly recommended, and well suited for older women's skin care needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by helenavera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Miraculous stuff! My cuticles were all raggy and gross last week but a few nights of using this and they seem to have shrunk back and almost disappeared. I also invested in some cuticle remover and tools but I doubt I'll even need to use them if I keep putting this gorgeous goo on every night. It smells lovely and is a pleasure to put on. I used to use the Burt's Bees Lemon stuff but this is far, far better. A little expensive but so worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No