Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 1/25/2014 10:17:00 AM

I love this product. Great for on-the-go application, and I feel it definitely works. Pretty expensive for such a small tube, and I wish it was more widely available in the UK, as I have only ever seen this at Holland & Barrett.

on 1/4/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've used this a few times and it seems to be working. I had a pimple forming in the crease of my nose and this took the pain away immediately. Though it burns if you use it too close to your nose or eyes. The smell is very strong. Pimples that have already developed don't seem to be affected by this. The rollerball is very easy to use once you get it flowing.

on 12/22/2013 1:39:00 AM

Overall, I'm a fan of this product. I appreciate that it has natural ingredients. I put it on any developing blemishes before bed and they are usually reduced in the morning. There is alcohol in it, so I try to avoid getting it anywhere besides the blemishes to avoid drying out and producing more oil. The fumes sting the heck out of my eyes! But it dissipates as it absorbs. Watch out if you accidentally put it on broken skin, whew! I find it works better on developing blemishes still under the skin, rather than existing ones, but that may just be my skin in particular. Love the roller application, so I don't have to worry about dirty hands or getting it on my fingers and accidentally touching my eyes. The glass vial is pretty sturdy too, I've dropped it quite a few times, but I still wrap it in socks when I travel. I don't use it very often, so it will last me a long time, but it's a great, conveniently sized thing to have in skin emergencies and I probably will purchase again.

on 8/30/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for a little over two weeks now after a friend recommended it for my acne. I had really bad acne on my cheeks that wouldn't go away, it just kept getting worse and worse. After using this product, I can definitely see a big difference in my skin. The acne on my cheeks isn't completely gone yet but I'm so happy that something finally worked when nothing else worked. I have tried a bunch of expensive creams from the doctor full of chemicals and this one is 100% natural and works better. I will continue to use it and hope that my skin will continue to clear up. The only con about this product is that it does sting the skin once applied, but I just usually fan my face with a piece of paper and it helps to alleviate the stinging sensation.

on 8/23/2013 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this stuff! It has cleared up my skin so well & even faded old pimple scars. You know it's working when your husband notices how good your skin looks. You notice a difference overnight, pimples are a lot smaller , practically gone in the morning. Skin is left looking healthy. I don't mind the smell (black licorice) I got it on sale at Walgreens for $6.49 reg. $9.99 at target. The bottle is pretty small for the price but it works so good, I'll continue to buy it. I took the roller ball off and just use a clean Qtip. This stuff is amazing!

on 8/15/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell & it really works! It's really pricey for such a small bottle though.

on 8/9/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I just moved to NYC from a tropical humid country and my skin started acting up. I was in K-mart and saw this blemish stick and was a little bit desperate, so I bought even without checking the reviews here in MUA. The fact that it said it was herbal made me want to buy it even more (I'm a sucker for all things natural). To my surprise, after using it the first time, my skin cleared the next day. This is amazing stuff! You must try it!

on 7/19/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm almost done with my first glass bottle of this, I used it twice daily on acne prone secitons of my face, so here it goes:

PROS:
Cleared blemishes up a lot quicker...with no discomfort
Derailed any blemishes that were about to get real
Scent is indeed herbal (I dont mind that)
Has a lof of oils of herbs that are known for helping with acne
Does not contain straight up alcohol

CONS
Yeah, the bottle is glass....sooooo be careful
Rollerball DOES seem to go against the idea that you dont want to spread bacteria to cause MORE breakouts, but there are ways around that
Althought it has a type of alcohol derived from a grain (which isn't overly drying) it can still sting just a little bit on senstive areas (KEEP AWAY FROM EYE AREA).
Was 8 dollars...and the tonic in the bottle goes quickly if used twice daily as I have. BUT I saw results that way...so....

And there you have it.

I will be picking up another bottle.

on 7/18/2013 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Oh I love and adore this blemish stick. I have pretty much gotten my acne under control with my clean & clear advantage oil absorbing BHA treatment & my St Ives exfoliating pads. But I still get an occasional hormonal pimple. I put this stuff on it & it zaps it away. I love the medicinal smell of it and it also helps me to not pick at my old pimples. I'm such a picker!!! Always have been. Whenever I get the urge to pick, I roll this stuff on & that takes the urge to pick away at the same time, healing my skin. Its a win win!

on 7/16/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This blemish stick rocks! I've been using it for about 2 years now and I've definitely seen a difference in my skin, since I have acne-prone skin.
The packaging is simple and the rollerball is really easy to apply to your face. If I apply it to a pimple, I see a difference overnight. It definitely decreases.
One thing you have to keep in mind is that you can't use this product every day because your skin will build a tolerance to it and the blemish stick won't do its job. If you apply the product maybe once or twice a week and only to one part of your face, it'll work. I've tried putting it over one half of my face because I had a horrible breakout there, and nothing happened. It's meant to apply to that one huge pimple you have that's bothering you and won't go away.
Despite the strong (and kind of disgusting) smell, this product is definitely worth it. Just don't apply it during the day if you don't want to smell like herbs. I recommend applying it before you sleep.
This product has worked wonders and I definitely recommend! It's worth the price :)

Popular Treatments (Face)