August 21, 2014 | 1549 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Coconut Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So overpriced, but at the same time, rather addictive. I suggest purchasing this when there are sales, otherwise you'll be a bit ripped off.

This lip butter smells delicious. It smells like dessicated coconut and coconut milk. Its scent is very similar to their Coconut Body Butter. It melts instantly from the warmth of a fingertip, and becomes easy to glide over your lips. It's very moisturizing, and very good to use under lipstick. I also find the packaging to be cute, identical to the body butter, but Barbie-sized.

Yet, I dislike how it gives your lips a white sheen. It's as if you ate cake and your lips still had a glossy appearance from the vanilla frosting -- just not an attractive look. Also, I noticed the lip butter gets a hard, somewhat crusty texture after being used and not picked up for a while. It's kinda gross, in all honesty.

I'm sure you can find lip balms similar to this for cheaper and perhaps, they may even be better, but this is the only one I've found that completely soaks into your lips and lasts for a long time. It doesn't just sit on top of the skin. I really can only describe it as a body butter made for your lips! If you have dry skin, you know how well body butter quenches it, and well, dry, chapped lips will get the same feeling from this lip butter. It's just so good to use under lipstick, that it's hard to pass up.

Like I said, if there's a sale, get it. If there isn't, don't.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I bought this lip butter a few years ago and just finished it about 6 months ago. I did really enjoy it while I owned it. It smelled really good and made my lips feel nice. Although if I put too much on I was left with weird white lips.....if I used a mirror and blending it out properly it would look and feel nice. It was pretty expensive for a lip balm and I got it on sale, plus my friend's employee discount so it wasn't too bad, but I think they retail for 6 or 7 and that's just ridiculous. I won't be repurchasing, there is better out there

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by stls

I don't find it quite hydrating and that's major con for a lip balm.
But the packaging is nice and smells delicious, although a bit strong.
I use it only during hot months, since it feels more creamy (in the wintertime it's kinda solid which I detest) once in a while just for the smell.
Leaves the ugly white cast others mentioned if applied too much.
Overall I feel that it sits on the lips for a while, hydrates a bit and smells good. Won't repurchase, there are much more effective lip balms out there.

Edit: I found an alternative way so I can finally use this one. I melted 2 half-used red lipsticks, a nivea liposan cherry lip balm, half tube avene cold cream lip balm, half tube neutrogena nourishing gloss and this one. I would use none of them on its own and instead of throwing them away I ended up with 3 medium pots of creamy, coconut- cherry smelling, strawberry colored, glossy lip balm. Not bad at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the smell, hate the product! This just sits on top of your lips. Really does not absorb. Also, this makes your lips white if you put on too much. Not a good lip butter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

Changed the formula for sure. Used to apply much more smoothly, i love the body shop and use many of their products, their lip balms are much better. This makes your lips semi white and creamy when applied, if you apply too much it looks awful, However if you apply just enough it looks ok. Nothing major, not worth buying again, i reccomend mac lip conditioner, nicer smell, better product, longer lasting effects.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by sofiaramos1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the body shop, but I was disapointed with this product. It as a good smell and taste, the packaging is cute but not convenient (I prefer sticks as I can use them on the street and wherever I want, and its more sanitary), its not moisturizing, it leaves a white grease on the lips that its not confortable or pretty and it doesnt get absorbed, I used it before bed and in the morning I still had it. As for dryness I dont see much as my lips are already dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by thestylechick

LOVE LOVE LOVE the scent and feel on my lips.

However, the product itself is not moisturizing at all, it actually had the opposite effect of being really drying. I couldn't believe it at first but when I started using in exclusively, my lips immediately dried out and I had to stop using the lip butter. It is now in the trash and while I loved the coconut scent, it was bad for my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

I really wanted to love this product so much I would want to buy it again!! But it doesn't Moisturize my lips especially well like my other lip balms. It moisturizes them okay but not amazingly. It leaves a white residue on the lips even if you blend it in. I use it as a whiter nude colour, but most of the time I put on a lot of it on the lips at night. The packaging could be better by being in a stick form so I could bring it out with me. For 8 dollars I don't think it's worth it.it smells amazing though. I would not repurchase again

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mangogo234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this back in September because I was in The Body Shop to buy the Coconut Body Butter for my friend's bday, I didn't have enough money to buy another body butter so I just got the Coconut Lip Butter. When, I got home I ran my finger over the balm and it felt really smooth and creamy. But when I applied it on my lips, my lips turned white and looked really strange. I kept on using it and kept on WANTING to like it, but to tell the truth I would not have bought this again. (But btw the body butter is really good and smells AMAZING :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by BethAnh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this Lip Butter when a friend hosted a Body Shop party. I love coconut scented anything, and when I first opened the jar, I was won over by the scent. Unfortunately, once I used it, I was NOT impressed at all!
As others have said, it's rather "chunky" for a lip butter. It will turn your lips a white shade if you're not applying it in front of a mirror, and you accidently apply too much....I've done this on occasion, and ended up getting funny looks from people. I also noticed that it does not stay on my lips for very long, there's this weird tacky texture to it while it's on my lips, and after it wears off, my lips actually feel DRIED OUT!!
I stopped using it for a couple of months, and went on to a different lip butter. About a month ago, I found it in a drawer, and it now has a very funky smell and texture to it. Kind of a bummer, since I feel like I paid a lot of money for such a little "pot" of lip butter. Would definitely not buy this product again :(