November 22, 2014 | 1807 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Lip Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by stls

My favorite aspects of this lip balm are the smell (sweet and comforting but not artificial vanilla cookie) and the packaging (sleek and clean- cut)
The product itself is pretty moisturizing and doesn't feel heavy on the lips. I use it only for summer though- during cold months turns harder and it's difficult to spread.
It's not cheap but you get loads of product.
My favorite lip treatment might be apivita lip balms but it's second on the list!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by LiveDiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my absolute favorite product. If I had to be on a desert island with one beauty product this would be it! I have naturally really red pigmented lips and red undertones in my skin, and I'm constantly trying to get my lips to have that nude, natural look. Most lip glosses accentuate the red in my lips unless I use nude liner or a bit of concealer as a base, but this Lip Conditioner is the only product I've ever found that makes my lips look fantastic (and nude-ish) all on its own. I have used it with (almost) every look that I do and it goes with everything. I get tons of compliments on it, and one day even the sales girl at MAC asked me what I had on my lips. I highly recommend this product, not only because it smooths and conditions my lips, but because it makes them look HAWT! Definitely anyone who doesn't like the redness in their lips will love this gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this product. I didn't love it when I first tried it, but I discovered how amazing this product is when I decided to use it up as part of my Project 10 Pan. I have gone through my original and used up two more pots (plus part of one that I lost before I could finish...boo!) and I am slowly working my way through another. MAC Lip Conditioner keeps my lips moisturized all day even though I only use it a few times a day - in the morning after doing my makeup, a couple reapplications during the day if I have time and remember to do so, when I get home, and before I go to bed. This product will probably not last all night on your lips (it didn't on mine), so here's my trick: after applying MAC Lip Conditioner to your lips, dab on a coat of Smith's Rosebud Salve to seal it in. Vaseline or some other similar product might also work although I haven't tried it myself, but make sure the sealing product doesn't have any irritating ingredients (menthol, lemon, etc) or you are going to end up canceling out the benefits of the lip conditioner. After doing this, the lip conditioner stays on my lips all night, even in air conditioned rooms. I know the MAC Lip Conditioner is still there because I have tested this out using the brown tinted version (Soothing Beige) and in the morning I can still see the brown conditioner on my lips underneath the Rosebud Salve. MAC Lip Conditioner makes my lips soft, smooth, and more plump. If I do get flakes on my lips, I just apply this product and gently buff the flakes off my lips using a damp washcloth and it gets rid of them. The lip conditioner does cost more than drugstore formulas, but it works incredibly well. It also contains amazing ingredients that won't irritate your lips, unlike a lot of fomulas, but actually benefit your lips: Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Extract, Wheat Germ Oil, and Vitamins A and E. This is great skin care for your lips, which are just as important as the skin on your face! This product is a 'Paula's Pick' on Beautypedia (ie, an excellent product), but she did point out that the ones with SPF in them do not have sufficient UVA protection (the aging rays!). Therefore, wear a different lip sunscreen with good protection if you are doing to be in the sun for awhile, but otherwise this is an incredible lip balm that I am so glad I rediscovered! Bonus: the empty pot/tube/stick when you actually finish up one of these count as one of the six empty containers that you can then bring back to a MAC store for a free lipstick, lip gloss, or eyeshadow, or a free lipstick at a MAC counter. This, coupled with the efficacy of the product, makes me feel better about the initial sting of the price.
NOTE: The pot or tube are a better deal. While the stick is more convenient, you pay the same price for only 1/3 of the amount of product in the pots and tubes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by PitbullLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After stalking this product for a while, I decided to finally buy this lip conditioner. I really like it, smells great, makes my lips really smooth, and keeps them soft for a long period of time. I have noticed after using this for about 2 weeks now, that without the product my lips are much softer, and my boyfriend noticed too :) It also seems to absorb pretty well, and not just sit on top of my lips. my only issue with this (very small issue) is the packaging. I kind of wish it was in a tube of some sort, but other than that this is my new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a lip balm junkie. My favourite has been, for years, Lucas' papaw (which is cheap as chips, albeit only available online outside of Australia) but this is better. Whilst OUTLANDISHLY expensive - for $18 Canadian, one would expect it to not only moisturize your lips, but also bring its own wine and do the Macarena - I use it much less frequently than I would papaw or certainly any other kind of lip balm, which simply sits on your lips and wipes off the first time you use your mouth for any of its day to day functions, you know, like eating, breathing, talking etc. This stuff I would apply maybe three times a day cos it seems to actually work.

On my second tube, and abolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by KGJxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

MAC Lip Conditioner, I love you.
Well I liked this lip balm anyway, I fell in love with the vanilla scent and the packaging, and the way it feels on the lips and the fact the pot seems to last forever. But around a week ago I caught a cold which always leads to cold sores, and suddenly my lips were swollen, cracked and sore. I kept licking them which lead to them drying out more, until I decided to just smother them in lip conditioner. I noticed an instant difference and within 2 days of constant use, my lips are totally different - soft, hydrated and healing up nicely. I'm pretty sure they would still be bad if I hadn't used the balm. I guess I've never really had dry lips before so didn't know how effective this stuff actually is, miracle worker! So I'd definitely recommend it for people with dryness or to anyone who just wants to protect their lips, especially as it contains SPF 15. The price I would say is a little steep for just a lip balm, but as I said it seems to last forever and it really is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by merekat703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this conditioner. I purchased the one with a lavender scent at the CCO and its very hydrating to my lips. Its almost as if they plump my lips too. I apply at night and they are nice and soft in the AM. Theres no white residue or drying. Also great under matte lipsticks. MAC never seems to disappoint me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Another one of those HG products that isn't particularly glamorous but becomes a staple in one's routine. If there's one thing I hate, it's the feeling of dry, chapped lips (who doesn't?). I've gone through many, MANY tubes and pots of lip balms, and they've all pretty much provided temporary relief but nothing substantial and long-lasting. MAC's Lip Conditioner is pricy for a balm at $15 USD, but is completely worth the price. I put this on at night after brushing my teeth and in the morning my lips are soft and smooth. I reapply in the morning at the beginning of my m/u routine, and by the time I'm ready to put on my lipstick and go out the door my lips are conditioned and prepped. Even the driest lip pencils (I'm looking at YOU, MAC) apply smoothly without skipping. The conditioning benefits last a good chunk of the day, and I don't feel the need to reapply after eating/drinking--I just use it morning and night. I've had my pot for over two years and with near-daily usage I *still* have plenty left, the vanilla scent still going strong long after some of my newer MAC lipsticks have gone into that plasticky play-dough stage. I'm not sure why people have a problem with the pot/white lips, just have clean fingers and apply very little, you don't need a lot. You *do* have to give it time to sink in though, this isn't a swipe-and-go chapstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ihearmakeup

I bought this last summer. I went into MAC and asked the sales person if they had a conditioner. She showed me this one and hyped it up. She said it worked GREAT. I trusted her and bought it. The first 2-3 days i used it, it was AWESOME. I loved it...but after the 4th day i noticed that my lips were EXTREMELY dry and even when i applied the MAC conditioner about 5 mins later they were dry again. I stopped using it and went back to my regular chapstick and my lips were better again. I HATE this PRODUCT and would not buy it again.. DONT GET ME WRONG! i LOOOVEEE MAC.. to the fullest.. this just wasnt working for me..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ShatterGlass89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The other day I was at Macys looking for a great lip balm.I have very chapped lips that flakes sometimes :(. But when I applied this to my lips, it was like heaven. My lips were so smooth and soft, and you couldn't even see the dry patches. (T~T I wasn't able to buy it because it was so expensive). It also has an amazing vanilla smell and taste which is really nice. The only downside to this product is that you need to apply with a mirror, or else you'll have white stuff around your lips. Not attractive but not a big deal either. Awesome product!! :D