Wet 'n' Wild #666 liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Excellent! Better than any high end liners. It is ridiculous to spend alot of money on lip liner. I am 58 1/2, have stopped dying my hair for over 4 1/2 yrs now. I have green blue eyes, pale complected & have tried almost every lip liner out there,in my lifetime, from very expensive to el cheapo, & since New York Color stopped making their nice, long lip pencils that I used for years, which were under a dollar-this is the best. I used MAC lip pencil for a few yrs. But now, I am living on very little financially & the truth is, that this is a universal shade & it can be used with many different shades of lipstick. For 99 cents, it is a no brainer! It easily beats out most all the others out there, in my opinion-not just price wise, but it is not drying, & you get alot of product, as well as a beautiful shade! The packaging is cheap-but....so what? To be honest, I had tried it before, when I was still coloring my hair & for whatever reason, wasn't wild about the shade, but, now that I am allowing my hair to be natural, this shade is perfect!! UPDATE-Am finding the shade is too brown on me. So will still be on the look out for a better shade & pencil, but this is still an excellent product for the price. I subtracted a lippie due to it having too much brown for me. New York Color-why did you stop making the perfect lip pencils? They were dirt cheap, you got a long pencil & the shade range was awesome! Sometimes, I think when cheap products become too popular-larger, more high-end companies come in & make deals with these companies so that they stop making them! Lol!

on 10/23/2012 10:46:00 PM

Have used this for >10 years. Love it and have repurchased repeatedly. When I first bought it, MAC wasn't as readily available as it is now and 666 was touted as a cheap dupe for "Spice" lipliner. I loved it, whether used prior to many varied lipcolors or with just MAC clear Lipglass.

on 7/27/2012 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Wow, I just picked this up by accident at CVS while browsing the megashields and the wildshines. I saw the colored bottom of the pencil sticking out of the slot, and it just struck me as being incredibly beautiful. I've been lemming Half Red for awhile, so I've been on the look-out for a burgandy lip pencil that I could try with some of the plums and reds I've been buying lately, so I thought I'd give this a go. Then I saw the number on the side, and a bell rang distantly in my head. I've been coming here and reading reviews for YEARS and I think this lip pencil was the first thing I tried because it was so highly recommended, AND I REMEMBERED I DIDN'T LIKE IT. It was too dark, too hard,etc. But this time, the color just looked SO gorgeous and exactly what I've been looking for, and I've been hearing so much about the quality of Wet'N'Wild that I was willing to give it another go. So I purchased Wild Shine in Lustful and used 666 as a liner. BEAUTIFUL!!! I really couldn't be any more pleased!

on 4/20/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG lipliner. And for only .99
I always wear this shade with plum colored lipsticks/lipgloss's and it gives my lips a really nice look. I use it so much I am constantly sharpening it. I of course bought a few and hope it is never discontinued.

on 3/10/2012 5:13:00 PM

Great everyday liner. Workhorse product!

on 2/26/2012 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I love how lip liner makes my lips look! I can't believe I went so long without this knowledge. And I love this color. It's perfect for my heavily pigmented lips. I can't wait to try the other colors.

Update: 3/12/12 I'm still so in love with this! I line my lipline and then fill it in with this and it really makes my mouth look so much better. I feel like I can't do w/o it. I love how it looks with lip gloss over it. It also looks good with lipstick on top and I think it holds up better that way.

on 2/24/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Good lip pencil, great value. Does what it is supposed to do; helps keep my lipstick or gloss last longer. Have tried many brands of lip pencil, and this is the best of the bunch (at least for me). For reference I am a NW15.

I enjoy this product, i was just a little surprised at how dark it was. Might be due to my pigmented lips, but I agree with all the other reviews, so i wont repeat them. Will repurchase if I ever run out.

on 2/22/2012 4:38:00 PM

A fantastic, incredibly wearable, basic color that goes on easily and has great staying power. It's a great base under lipstick, or with just a little lip balm on top. I have one in every purse and one in my desk at work. My only critique which, to be fair, applies to pretty much every lip liner I've ever tried, is that it can be quite drying. The only exception I've ever found is the Chanel liners...but they're literally 30x the price, so at least for me, they're not for daily wear.

on 12/2/2011 6:14:00 AM

I can't even count how many times I have read someone say that Brandy Wine 666 is the ultimate universal shade. All I can say is no! No it's not! I double triple quadruple checked that I had the right product because I was surprised that it was so bad. It was incredibly dark- I am pale with cool tones, but many others who claimed to be the same enthusiastically recommended Brandy Wine 666. It also was incredibly drying- it was reminiscent of the time I went camping for five days and forgot my Chapstick. Ouch.

Popular Lip Liners