December 22, 2014 | 1685 users online

Other - Aura Cacia - 100% Essential Oils (All Plants)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2007 11:32:00 PM More reviews by joellarose

heaven=ylang ylang and sweet orange oils blended on the wrists!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by stillmarissa

Aura Cacia essential oils seem to be moderately priced and great quality. I am not an essential oil expert but I have trusted Aura Cacia oils for my beauty and medicinal purposes for about 6 years now. The brand is easy to find as it is stocked in most health stores, which takes the frustration out of searching and online purchasing (unless you know what you want and don't need to test it). I have, and have tried, the following oils: Bergamot, Sweet Basil, Cardamom Seed, Cinnamon Leaf, Rosewood, Cypress, Lavender, Rosemary, Eucalyptus and probably several others that I forgot to restock. I like, and would buy them all again (except the Cinnamon Leaf which I don't care for). I use the Lavender and eucalyptus the most; putting several drops in water atop our woodstove; this helps purify the air of germs when you are sick and helps respiratory health. The internet is a great resource for ways you can use essential oils for beauty and health. Also, each of the bottles has interesting information about the specific oil it holds and a suggested use for it. For those that think essential oils are only for scenting a room or a perfume I recommend looking into them further. As essential oils can be used for that and so much more. They are not oils as you think of olive oil or vegetable oil but are in fact volatile oils extracted from specific parts of a plant. The one thing I was surprised to learn when I first started using them is that if they are not used properly they can do more harm than good. This is largely because they are so potent and many have healing, antiseptic and anesthetic properties (for instant clovebud oil can be applied in very small amounts for mouth irritations and discomforts but can prove irritating if not used properly). If any of this sparks your interest, do your homework; there is a whole exciting world of essential oils to explore (you can wow your friends with different remedies for their ailments and have a great smelling house at the same time!). Anyways, I hope this review helps you to decide on your purchase. One more thing I would like to add is that Aura Cacia uses child saftey caps on their bottles which is a must if you have children and a hard time keeping them out of stuff; however I have had one bottle that I couldn't open because it got stuck and after trying numerous times (from time to time) I finally gave up and threw it away. Happy hunting!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 2:50:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

I have the vanilla, sandalwood, almond, apricot and apricot kernel versions and love them all. All of them smell fresh and natural (except the apricot which is essentially unscented). I use all of them as a body moisturizer, and the apricot kernel version to remove mu. I'm finding more and more that I don't need any other lotions, cremes or moisturizers except these. Very happy with the whole line.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2006 1:15:00 AM More reviews by fromtheground

i have the lavender and peppermint oils. i use them to relieve headaches and put them in my bath water for relaxing. i've also made a lavender linen spray and put lavender in my green tea/ACV toner, etc. they seem to be quality oils & i can find them conveniently at my neighborhood supermarket.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 12:31:00 AM More reviews by uisceboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Aura Cacia's products. I can't comment about the prices, because the market prices for different oils rise and fall, and thier price points reflect the going price. For instance, sandalwood is currently very expensive, but the tree is also overharvested and somewhat rare. Their oils are the real thing, very strong, fresh, and I've never had a bad one. I especially love their cedarwood oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ilima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have some of these EO's in lavender, a few citrus scents, as well as a few others. The prices are very reasonable and the bottles are quite large. I'd definitely buy EO's from aura cacia again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by arielari

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a couple of Aura Cacia's oils and mostly NOW essential oils. The spearmint Aura Cacia smells kinda weird, but I don't have another spearmint to compare it with. I think their oils are nice and I also have a lavender salt bath and a lavender spray from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2005 2:44:00 AM More reviews by jessiemay

I don't know much about other companies that sell EO, but I'm pretty sure Aura Cacia is definately an affordable and reliable company. You can tell because their more expensive EOs like jasmine and neroli are not extremely diluted, and the EOs are sized and priced according to their rarity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 9:24:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Aura Cacia provides good-quality essential oils that are readily available to th American public. They offer a wide range of oils at reasonable prices and do an excellent job in marketing and distributing their oils.

A great introduction to aromatherapy especially for the novice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 6:44:00 PM More reviews by WickedWahini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought these in Sweet Orange & Lavender--great quality for the price. It also helps that this brand has a great reputation with the boards.