Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

2.9

on 11/13/2011 5:34:00 PM

Pros - Gives a really nice curl with great length. Lasts all day. Doesn't smudge and easy to remove
Cons - Clumps unless you are very careful when applying, doesn't seperate well

Overall - I do like the wetter formula, but there are plenty of mascaras out there which can give similar results without the clumping...Guerlain's Le Deux is a perfect example.... therefore will not repurchase, glad I didn't have to pay for it.

on 10/14/2011 11:40:00 PM

I hardly ever buy mascara b/c I get so many with Gift with Purchases. I also try to use mascara maybe a few times a week b/c I don't think it's good for your lashes.
This one especially. I find that after using this one, my eyelashes fall out a bit at the end of the day, and I am now starting to notice eye irritation. I never got this with other mascaras!
I agree with the other users, it does clump. When I take the wand out, it just has flakes coming off it already (and this is a new mascara from a GWP). Anyway, I don't like it too much, but use it sparingly on occasion b/c it's free....and if I don't put on too much it looks ok. I think the best mascara I ever had was DiorShow though.

on 10/2/2011 10:31:00 PM

I would liken this to maybelline's great lash mascara, except this formula is wetter, heavier and is more likely to clump. I have gotten better results from drugstore brands than I have had with this, enough said. Expensive and so not worth the price tag. I gave packaging a 5 because as far as I'm concerned a mascara container is a mascara container. I won't repurchase.

on 9/6/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Very wet formula which immediately weighs down my lashes on application. Good volumnising effect which also clumps easily. Tries really slowly and therefore easy to smudge lower lid. Not water proof or smudge proof, I get racoon eye by mid day. Will not repurchase for it does not provide the length, curl and ease of use I am looking for in a mascara.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have short eyelashes and they are not eyen black enough. From afar,my eyes won't stand out although I do have a nice pair of almond shaped eyes. But with this mascara on, I can have curly,thick and black lashes that I require no falsies. Am happy! This is my favorite of all Estee Lauder's products. I swear,the best mascara ever!!

(Wish the packaging is Not so "fat" and round. Kind of takes up space in my bag.)

on 8/24/2011 10:03:00 PM

My friend swears by this mascara, so I went ahead and bought it. When I applied it, my lashes clumped up to exactly 3 big fat lash clumps. I definitely will not buy this again.

on 6/25/2011 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A very average mascara, absolutely not worthy of its price tag. It's not really volumizing and the formula is so wet and heavy that, if you curl your lashes before applying this, they will never hold the curl. Plus, if you work your lashes a bit more, it clumps. Nonononononono.

on 6/17/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE THIS!!! really does not look clumpy on me! it also gives me silky looking eyelashes, not dried out spider legs like drugstore brands!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i do have quite naturally longish lashes, but this really boosts the legnth and volume for me. they look quite pretty!
it dries soft to touch, but can look flakey if you apply wrongly. make sure its only semi dry when you apply again, not fully dry.
otherwise its a very good mascara, one that actually makes my lashes dramatic :)

on 5/12/2011 3:39:00 PM

Love LOVE this mascara! Have been using it for as long as I can remember, and it's just great. Some say it is bad about clumping, but I've honestly never experienced that with this. It makes my lashes thicker and longer!

It is a little pricey for mascara, and Lord knows I'm a bargain shopper, but I've tried all the cheaper brands as well, and it's more than worth it!
Give it a try :)