September 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Long Optic mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2004 6:24:00 AM More reviews by ChristianDiorific

At first, I had to wonder: is there even any product ON the wand?

But there is. Long'optic is a very versatile mascara because you just keep brushing until you reach the desired effect, whether it be casual or extreme. No worries about clumping - you couldn't get it to stick together and clump if you tried.

Not an extremely wet formula, thank gosh, because I hate those. Very dramatic look.

This mascara has a kind of "built in eyeliner" for your lids, because some of it gets on the part of your lid where the eyelashes are. It's not a "whoops" effect, but rather a very natural liner look. This is great if you go for a romantic or smoky eyed look. Otherwise, it's not.

I would definitely recommend this product. Easy to use and control the look. My only complaint is the smudging.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2004 7:51:00 PM More reviews by CD_Dolce_Vita

I purchased No. 997 Pourpre'Optic, as I wanted a change from black mascara. The following morning when I went to use it, it was as dry as a bone! There was just nothing on the brush. I returned it and got my money back. This was my first Dior makeup purchase and I wasn't impressed at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2004 2:21:00 PM More reviews by chachigirl

Nothing to write home about. Just an average mascara that does nothing more than a drugstore brand would for quadruple the price. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2004 5:09:00 AM More reviews by chippet

first of all, hello everybody from Milan!!! I have to apologise for my English, but I hope it will get better by reading your reviews. Now, my mascara. I've always been on the search for the best one, since I don't like sticky and innatural lashes. I thin Long'Optique is great, it doesn't stick and makes my eyes look wonderful. Long lasting and easy to apply and to take off. Definitely, I love it.... I think I'll buy it again, ma I have no brand loyalty at all....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2004 5:37:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was told that this mascara was great for lengthening. It did do a pretty good job lengthening, but I don't think it's enough to pay $21. The big problem (and why I won't buy it again) is that it smudges like crazy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 7:00:00 PM More reviews by velouria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I tried this product after a recommendation from a friend who said it was the best mascara she'd ever used, and would never switch brands.

While I liked the effect it gave to my lashes, it made my eyes burn and sting and after using (and removing) it both eyes were swollen and puffy. I returned to the Dior counter and asked if the mascara was hypoallergenic (I had just assumed it was) and they DIDN'T KNOW.

However, they refunded me my money even though I no longer had the receipt, without any problems.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2004 8:25:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

This was no better than Mabeline Great Lash. This comes no way close to my favorites- Kiss me, Lancome definicils, Prescriptive false eyelashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2004 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Snowfnugg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What can I say... I prefer this over Diorshow, Mascara Fascination and Aquadior, but NOT over Maximeyes. What I trying to say is that it good, but I've tried better... and worse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Inimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it because your lashes stay soft and it gives me a natural but smokey look. Don't know anything about the price as it came with a makeup set from Dior.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I actually liked this mascara. But i dont love it so i wouldnt repurchase. Its great for a natural lash darkener and daytime looks. Doesnt flake or clump. Although i like it, its not worth the price tag, but overall its a nice mascara.