Dior Long Optic mascara

3.2

on 8/30/2004 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I Loved the sheen it gave to my eyes, very brightening. I had good lengthening and volumizing effects as well. Too bad it wasn't waterproof

At first, I had to wonder: is there even any product ON the wand?

But there is. Long'optic is a very versatile mascara because you just keep brushing until you reach the desired effect, whether it be casual or extreme. No worries about clumping - you couldn't get it to stick together and clump if you tried.

Not an extremely wet formula, thank gosh, because I hate those. Very dramatic look.

This mascara has a kind of "built in eyeliner" for your lids, because some of it gets on the part of your lid where the eyelashes are. It's not a "whoops" effect, but rather a very natural liner look. This is great if you go for a romantic or smoky eyed look. Otherwise, it's not.

I would definitely recommend this product. Easy to use and control the look. My only complaint is the smudging.

I purchased No. 997 Pourpre'Optic, as I wanted a change from black mascara. The following morning when I went to use it, it was as dry as a bone! There was just nothing on the brush. I returned it and got my money back. This was my first Dior makeup purchase and I wasn't impressed at all.

on 6/21/2004 2:21:00 PM

Nothing to write home about. Just an average mascara that does nothing more than a drugstore brand would for quadruple the price. Would not repurchase.

on 5/6/2004 5:09:00 AM

first of all, hello everybody from Milan!!! I have to apologise for my English, but I hope it will get better by reading your reviews. Now, my mascara. I've always been on the search for the best one, since I don't like sticky and innatural lashes. I thin Long'Optique is great, it doesn't stick and makes my eyes look wonderful. Long lasting and easy to apply and to take off. Definitely, I love it.... I think I'll buy it again, ma I have no brand loyalty at all....

on 4/26/2004 5:37:00 PM

I was told that this mascara was great for lengthening. It did do a pretty good job lengthening, but I don't think it's enough to pay $21. The big problem (and why I won't buy it again) is that it smudges like crazy.

on 4/17/2004 7:00:00 PM

I tried this product after a recommendation from a friend who said it was the best mascara she'd ever used, and would never switch brands.

While I liked the effect it gave to my lashes, it made my eyes burn and sting and after using (and removing) it both eyes were swollen and puffy. I returned to the Dior counter and asked if the mascara was hypoallergenic (I had just assumed it was) and they DIDN'T KNOW.

However, they refunded me my money even though I no longer had the receipt, without any problems.

on 3/3/2004 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was no better than Mabeline Great Lash. This comes no way close to my favorites- Kiss me, Lancome definicils, Prescriptive false eyelashes.

on 2/25/2004 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What can I say... I prefer this over Diorshow, Mascara Fascination and Aquadior, but NOT over Maximeyes. What I trying to say is that it good, but I've tried better... and worse.

on 2/24/2004 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like it because your lashes stay soft and it gives me a natural but smokey look. Don't know anything about the price as it came with a makeup set from Dior.

Popular Mascaras