September 30, 2014 | 1265 users online

Foundations - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish - Mousse Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really very happy with this foundation. I've been using Elizabeth Arden foundation, concealer, and face powder for about ten years and I don't use any other brands for those 3 items. I had never tried this mousse, I've been using their cream foundation, but I was interested in a lighter coverage. This is beautiful. I can wear just this, mascara, and gloss for a "no-makeup" day, or I can use this for a full nightime look. The box describes it as "natural coverage, translucent finish," which is accurate. If you're unhappy with your skin this is not for you. Just judging from the coverage I get, I can't imagine this will even begin to cover acne or acne scarring. It does give a luminous look and applies easily with my foundation brush. If you've never bought EA before go to the counter and get matched. For $33, I like to keep an eye on when my foundation and powder are running low and watch their website for a good GWP, they have some of the best. Love EA face products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin tone is in the family of MAC NW20. I wear this in Champagne 01. FYI colors Champagne and Ginger run slightly pink (as does my face). Champagne disappears into my skin, unless I've just had my gold blonde highlights done. Then, the color looks off. But, once the hightlights have faded a bit (about a month old), this color looks excellent on me, and works well even into the winter months when my blonde hair is brown.

Promoted as a foundation for "the makeup minimalist" and that's an accurate advertisement. Offers very sheer to light coverage. DOES NOT cover blemishes but DOES smooth, and even out the skin tone. DOES NOT give you flawless skin per se, but definitely enhances whatever skin you've got. That said, the formula is very thin as it does not include any potentially pore-clogging thickeners, so it shouldn't add to any flaws i.e. cause more blemishes.

I have been using this foundation for almost a year, and still LOVE it!!! It's perfect for me! Now, I just need a powder to match (don't like the EA powder counterpart).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree that this is a great foundation for me. It blends into the skin and looks natural. I only need a very small amount to just even out some redness. I got it in shell (I'm a neutral with warm undertones and can be hard to match.) I wear it over a serum and my clarins mineral sunscreen and it doesn't roll or look odd. Edit: 8-15-10 Returned this one..didn't look natural enough for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by sita25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This formula is suited for all skin types, but i think it works best for combination skins. The texture is slippery but it holds well and blends smoothly. I actually prefer this formula over the liquid and powder makeups. the color selection is very natural and the colors are very fleshtone, it doesnt look like i'm wearing makeup, and thats the way foundation should be.

i don't think i'll buy anything else ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mig

This is the best foundation i ever tryed. I`ve tryed so many others brands, armani, trucco, dior,YSL, you name it... This is just like having a second skin that is perfect. I wear #2 neutral and my skintone is fair. I recommend this to every one, make-up junkie as i am.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by missglowstick

This is a good light coverage foundation. It's a mousse, and it goes on skin very smoothly and lightly. Doesn't cake, lasts all day and definitely buildable coverage. It lasted me quite a long time, and I MIGHT repurchase (but probably not because there are better foundations for me out there).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

This was my favourite foundation to wear during the day, I love it so so much. It comes in a can which pushes the makeup out in a bubbly form. It smooths on well and looks so natural. It is buildable if needed but i only use one layer. It looks amazing on and makes your skin look natural. it took me so so long to find a natural looking makeup which doesnt break me out!! i tried so many powders and liquids and other mousses. This is the best.

It made me breakout after awhile, but if you dont get breakouts this is PERFECT for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It seems that every time I write a foundation rave, I find something I love even more. This foundation is fantastic for those who are looking for a super natural finish. Neither matte nor dewy, very sheer, but also very buildable. Forgiving for those flaky areas, while evening out any redness. Concealer blends perfectly over top. I find that this wears perfectly over moisturizer, but is extra long wearing over both moisturizer and primer. Love the packaging, extremely unique hygienic mousse pump bottle. The colour vanilla is a near match to my unmatchable neutral-fair skin. A light dusting of powder sets this foundation beautifully, only necessitating one or two blots during the course of the day. Expensive, but deals can be found online.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by effiexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this from Debenhams as I wanted a new foundation & for some reason found the Mousse one for a tenner & went for it. At the time I think it was going to be discontinued but now they're back up to normal price & selling as usual.
Unfortunately I didn't listen to the lady & went a shade up which is teeny too dark on my skin without a tan :(
Other than that, this foundation doesn't dry my skin out, doesn't give me spots, gives a sheer but buildable coverage & is pretty easy to apply.
However, I have knocked a lippie off as the choices of colours aren't brilliant.
I will buy this again but in the right colour! Highly reccommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by moncli

I don't hate this foundation, don't love it either. I bought it on a whim one day at Ulta for no really good reason...it's pretty sheer, stays on well, doesn't settle into lines. I'll use it up on my "good" skin days because it does look natural on when I don't need more coverage, but I don't notice anything spectacular when I wear it so I won't buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No