July 30, 2014 | 1171 users online

Eye Primer - Clinique - Touch Base for Eyes - Buff Lighting

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2004 9:45:00 PM More reviews by leeski00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If your touchbases dry out...mix a little bit (i mean little!) of your eye cream in them...that will help bring life back to the touchbase. Or you can sit it in the sun...heat will also help.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 5:04:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

I was told this would make a great eyeshadow base, so I tried this out for that use. Dismal results...I get better results just using Aveda concealer on my lids. Nice as an eyeshadow by itself I suppose (shimmery beige) but even if I didn't already have that shade covered in my collection, I didn't love this shadow enough to keep. I returned this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2004 9:52:00 AM More reviews by kristenb

I only rated this a three because in my experience, even if you use this everyday, its going to dry out on you before you finish it. A pretty cream shadow, this shade is the perfect complement to a darker lip look, and makes eyes pop. Plus, it is one of the only cream shadows to stay put, and not crease on me after all day wear. Points off for how quickly this dries up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by uhhyea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like this stuff i cant wear eyeshadow without it. my eyelids are really oily and my eyeshadow usualy creases and wears off by the end of the day but with this stuff it makes it more vibrant and stay on longer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by GinnyWeasley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The ladies at the Clinique counter used this on me when I had them show me some make up I could use for my wedding. It made my eyeshadow last and last. At least it did when they did it. But I finally bought this the other day, thinking it would make my shadow not get lines in it. For some reason, now I get lines faster than before and my lids feel oilier than before. I don't know what's wrong, if I'm just using it wrong? I do really love the color, though, and it's nice while it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2003 7:46:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

Touch Base is one of my top three favorite eyeshadow products. It wears like crazy, comes in a cute (although sometimes pain in the butt) tiny compact (with a little mirror inside!) and lights up the eyes. It also doubles as an eyeshadow base.

Buff Lighting is a light, shimmery/pearly shade that I can only describe as a mixture of beige, peach and gold - it is none of these colors individually but is all of them combined. This color should work with everyone's coloring because it's light. It will definitely brighten anyone's eye.

Touch Base comes with no applicator, it must be applied with the fingertip or other applicator. Just put a little on the eyelid and you will have crease-free, flake-free, fadeproof color all day long and then some! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2003 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Vanilla_coke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must have!!! Makes my eye shadow last all day, no more crumblies!!!! YAYYYYYYYYY!!! Sometimes I even wear this as an eyeshadow. The key to making this product lasting long is to keep the compact closed after each use!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 11:03:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this only because I freaked out at the Clinique counter that they had discontinued my long-time staple - Smudgecicle is Nude Shimmy. The SA told me I would like this better. Actually, it's very similar, but it is softer and in a compact instead of a tube. I must say, I like the tube better. I hate sticking my finger in the pot, and I'm too lazy to use a brush for this type of product. It looks nice, but I'm not sure if I will repurchase. I think I like Benefit Creaseless Cream shadows better (because I use these alone rather than as a base).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2003 11:52:00 AM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the Canvas color for fall/winter, but for summer, Buff Lightning looks great with bronzer and a tan. I don't even put eye shadow on top to let the gold shimmer shine through. It feels wonderful on, however, maybe because of the shimmer, it creases faster than Canvas. Even so, I love this and I like to sometimes wear Angelfood eye shadow on top for a very matte nude effect. Really helps eye shadow cling to the lids and provides a smoother base for the color to show up. A good product to have and not unreasonably priced. Packaging leaves things to be desired, but as long as you keep it in the closed case and in the original packaging, it shouldn't dry out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Senta

I have had the same experience with all the Clinique touch bases. Hard to blend, and they dry out so quickly (even though I always make sure the lid is closed tight).

I have finally learned my lesson, and won't purchase another of them.