September 18, 2014 | 864 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by biodeb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am now 60 and from all my younger years in the sun I have the dreaded age spots. This product covers the spots dramatically. I also have some busted little vein areas around my cheeks and it covers them very well. All I have to do is gently tap in on the spot area and it magically disappears. I work 12 hour days and it never wares off, covers all day. Love , love, love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by vtomboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's the perfect balance between a physical look and a good coverage. It doesn't define the fine lines below the eyes, it covers dark circles quite good and so any redness on the base of my nostrils. It's hydrating and feels delicate.

My eyes get irritated easily but not with this one. Much better that MACs Pro Long Wear which makes the skin under my eyes feel dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Rachb86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like Double Wear foundation, this is a great & very reliable concealer.

The concealer is long-wearing and has good coverage. Very quickly after application the concealer 'sets' in place.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I'm nc25 and bought this in Light. It applies smoothly and has a nice texture, but it creases and wears off after 2 hours on me. Mac prolong wear is 10x better and cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by sezens

I love Estée Lauder make up, but for some reason I really hate this concealer. It's so dry and looks so, so cakey, and makes my eyes look I've been through 3000 years of life. I keep trying to make excuses for it, like maybe my application is wrong or something, but honestly how wrong can someone who's very experienced with makeup be with applying their concealer? I'm disappointed that I even have to make excuses for it. Won't be buying this again, unfortunately!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by FreckledFoundation

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really do love this stuff. I apply once under foundation and once after (double wear). Always happy with the results. Not a huge fan of the applicator however....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This review is for the new formula, the one in the tube with doe foot applicator. They recently reformulated and added new shades. This is like a high end version of the color stay concealer also in the tube but there are a few differences. The color match for me is much better, something like 8 shades compared to 4. The lasting power is much better and stays in place once it sets. The downside is that it is drier and you have little time to work with it til it sets. All in all, one of the better concealers and worth a try. Its fluid in texture and isn't thick at all. There is also a lot more pigment but ensure you have no flakies around the eyes or prime since this will emphasise any dryness. This lasts all day and I don't need to touch up but the with revlon I do. I also tried the concealer in the little compact, also in the double wear range but that is way too thick and I feel this is a much better product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So Double Wear Concealer and me are two weeks into our new relationship and quite liking each other despite a few teething problems at the start.

This concealer is a little bit more tricky than slap on and go and takes a bit of experimentation to get the application perfect - but when you do it isn't going anywhere fast and that;s a good thing!

I have found the best way to apply is under eyes while my skin is still slightly moist from moisturiser - using just a very small swipe with the wand under each eye (let's emphasize small as you don't need much of this at all - a little goes a very long way). The doe foot applicator doesn't bother me as its only me using it and always on clean skin. I like this best applied under foundation and let it set while I do my eye makeup. When its time to apply foundation its already firmly in place and buffing in liquid foundation does not effect it in anyway. I experimented using over liquid foundation but found it looked a bit cakey and could not get it to blend the same.

I'm NC15 and have this in 01 "Light" - its a great fit. (arm swatch above of Light) I can see this tube lasting eons as you don't need much at all and even though I have other very worthy concealers feel I probably would repurchase this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by pantalm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product but I had to take it back.
I must say, it does stay in place as it says on the tin, without going into creases. However, it dried the area a lot and somehow the fact that product didn't go into creases but accumulated around them highlighted the creases even more and made them look very deep. A disaster. These are the natural creases under the eye, imagine if I had wrinkles!
Also, in the store where I went they did not stock the warm shades (I don't know why), so they gave me the "light", which is VERY pink and did not match my sallow skin-tone. It looked ok in the spotlight in the store but not in natural light.
Last but not least, it irritated the delicate under eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Nutellamonster

This is the best concealer I've used! It is easy to apply, does a great job camouflaging my pimples, lasts forever, and matches my skin tone perfectly!! A little goes a long way and it isn't the slightest bit cakey!