Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.2

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

on 4/18/2015 5:15:00 PM

i had high expectations for this but its waay too drying and cakey for under eyes.

on 4/5/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm starting to sample Estee Lauder's Double Wear concealer this week, after getting a makeover with the product week before last.

Coverage: Opaque and buildable.

Application: Pat it in quickly - do not rub.

Color: I'm using the lightest shade. It's quite pale. I want to be paler than I am, so this is consistent with my goals. The hue doesn't seem too pink or too yellow. I'm using it to color correct my rosacea, and it seems to do a pretty good job of that. Some pinkness still shows through, or perhaps it is also darkness, since the red bits of my face are darker than the rest. But I'm finding that darkness issue with other concealers I use, as well.

Consistency: It's thin and liquidy but dry. Sets quickly.

on 4/3/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was excited to try this, because of all the rave reviews here. I hoped to finally find a thin, liquid concealer that would be able to cover my dark circles. But I'm awfully disappointed and am very glad I tested it under my eyes before purchasing.

For your colour reference: I'm a nc15-20, bobbi brown concealer in cool sand, and tried this in both #1 and #2. #1 was too light, #2 was a tad too dark and very pink, which, although it doesn't match my skintone, actually got my hopes up for concealing my dark circles. I guess this is an okay concealer if you can find a match in this far from extensive colourselection and don't really have anything to conceal. It is a thicker liquid and blends beautifully. It doesn't accentuate the lines around my eyes at first and feels light on the skin, but after a while it starts to feel dry and make my eye area look like I'm at least 60 years old. It doesn't do anything to cover my dark circles, I look better if I only wear my foundation over a pink primer. I have 1 blue vain under my left eye that is not visible when I put a sheer foundation over it, but it shines right through this concealer. It really doesn't seem to cover anything at all.

I honestly don't understand all the hoopla about this. I wanted to like it, but this has been the biggest concealer disappointment in my make-up history. It seems to work for lots of people here though, so I'd say try before you buy, I know I'm glad I did.

Drying and cakey for undereyes.

on 3/28/2015 5:40:00 AM

Great concealer, have no complaints! Would probably buy again!

on 3/27/2015 10:04:00 PM

This is my HG! I have really dark circles under my eyes and ive tried everything. Color match and coverage are so important. Salmon colors really cover dark circles for me. I don't like when my under eye is lighter than the rest of my makeup. Im not kim kardashian. I am an n20 and i wear this in medium. I recently ran out and tried to go cheaper but ill just have to spend the extra money because nothing tops this stuff. Its not cakey and it doesnt dissapear. You can even apply 2 coats if you wear powder foundation like myself. Apply concealer, set with a powder, apply foundation (bare minerals ready pressed powder) then you can apply another coat and set again.

on 2/21/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm convinced that this product would have a loyal following if more people knew about it or gave it a chance. The thinness of the liquid is deceiving, because just a tiny bit goes a long way. Not only does it conceal perfectly, but it brightens ever so subtly and makes me look refreshed even when I'm exhausted.

It's a bit on the pricy side imo, but definitely worth it. It comes in a slender tube that is great for sticking it in a bag and heading out for the day. And the applicator tip is exactly like you would find in a lip gloss, which makes it easy to reach those small, awkward spots that need detailed attention.

on 2/19/2015 2:21:00 PM

I discovered this product while working on a ship as an entertainer. A beauty specialist there advised me that i should try it out if i needed to hide discolorations and still have a perfectly flawless look for my performances. I tried it and from since then i have been hooked. I apply by dotting it on areas that are discolored after i apply my foundation. Perfect coverage fo the entire night or day that i need it. I perform in air conditioned spaces and so it works out fine but if i go out in heat, it seems to blend in with my skin, giving a creamy natural look. Im back in my hometown and will most likely order them since i have found no store that sell them- They are a definite buy-back!

on 2/18/2015 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've used this to cover a spider angioma next to my nose and 2 hours later, it's gone. I have bad sinus as all so it doesn't help but it doesn't last for what I want it to do.

on 2/16/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I feel like this product doesn't get enough hype. I never really read about it or hear it being talked about by the so called "Beauty Gurus". This stuff is awesome and I'm so impressed with EL's shade range for this product. I use Warm Light because I like a bit of yellow in my face products. I use this as an under eye concealer and it brightens and conceals beautifully! I use this everyday. I use it for work, an evening go out, special events, pretty much for everything. This product is thick but in a good way because it doesn't cake up. I absolutely hate the price but I will continue to repurchase until I can find something that's just a good at a better price.