October 24, 2014 | 905 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Natural Nail Base Coat

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this just as clear polish. It's very high gloss, and has a nice, wide brush. It started to chip in 2 or 3 days, peeling off in chunks in less than a week. Very disappointing for the brand name and the price.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's like most nail base coats, but I fine it last a long time and gives you a nice natural look. I do recommend this product. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by AmyMendoza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried so many base/top coat combos & they never work. This base coat is made for natural nails & of course the OPI brush is the best! Using this with one of my fave top coats INM Out The Door I get a good few days with lil tip wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've got same problem as some of others, this base coat turns to create small bubbles and makes the application extremely frustrating. Also it doesn't last long like other OPI polishes, it became thick and sticky in the end and makes it even harder to apply. Now I have to give it up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry to bring down the ratings on this one, but I have gone through almost a full bottle of this stuff and will not be repurchasing. Yes, this base coat seems to prevent staining quite well and it dries very quickly, but that's only half of what a base coat should do. This does not extend the wear of my nail polish at all; in fact, it makes my polish peel off (rather than chip). This doesn't happen nearly as quickly or often when I'm not wearing the base coat. I don't know why, but it just doesn't bond to my nails very well at all. Also, while it can apply smoothly, I always get one or two nails that it bubbles on, creating an uneven canvas for my colour. I really wanted to love this base coat because I think OPI makes such good products, I love their brushes, and they don't test on animals, but this one is just a miss for me.
In my experience, matte, translucent base coats are much better at filling in ridges, bonding to my nails, and making my colour last than shiny transparent ones like this. When I finish this up I am going to get one like that; I seem to remember Cutex making a good one years ago, so I'll check them out again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this! Dries super quickly, makes my polish last, makes a nice even coat whether I use a thin or thick layer. Hasn't gotten thick over time either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This is a great base coat. It goes on smoothly and evenly, and dries pretty quickly. OPI never lets me down! This is a must buy for a quick and efficient base coat! I would def. recommend. I'm almost out of mine..I need to buy some more!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty80

I've only just started using this, so I probably shouldn't really review it yet, but I thought I'd at least note my initial thoughts.
I got this quite cheap, $12.95 AU. Not sure what base coats cost here but as a guide OPI polishes are $19.95 AU.
I've never used a proper base coat before, if I used one at all I'd use Nail Envy or something similar and I always found them a bit thick, and sometimes made my polish chip or interfered with it adhering. Most of the time I get the best wear out of my polish with no basecoat at all!
This is nice and thin and dried very quickly, which I like a lot. It's tinted pink but dries clear. The pink actually helps me see where I've put it, which I like. I did have some minor bubbling in my polish, but I suspect that was more about the polish than the base coat- it was OPI In my back pocket, which I think needs a drop or two of thinner.
The experiment continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by theskyoflove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty decent base coat. It applies well and it dries very fast, unlike the top coat. It was the first higher end base coat I've purchased, and it does work better than drugstore base coats, since it actually prevents staining, which is something that really frustrates me about low-quality base coats. It isn't the most amazing product I've used, but it gets the job done. I just purchased the Essie First Base Base Coat today, so I plan on trying that out and comparing it to the OPI base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Haco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I keep buying this. 4 or 5 times. it dries fast, smooth, thin, nice brush.
it gets gloppy when it's 2/3 is done, but i'm ok.