October 1, 2014 | 961 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best conditioner I have ever come across. I bought it after ruining my hair with drugstore cheap chemical stuff like L'Oreal because nothing else was available in the place I lived. So I ordered a bunch of Giovanni products off iherb.com and after ONE time of using their shampoo, protein hair reconstructor and this conditioner, I couldn't recognize my hair.
The ugly knots were GONE, the hair were shiny and super silky - does what it promises.
I swear by this Smooth As line, you can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is cruelty free and silicone free. It contains no animal by-products and has some organic ingredients. If you don't like conditioners with protein in them, be warned: this one contains hydrolyzed protein. I don't think my hair minds protein so its fine with me. It has decent moisturizing properties and has a very faint scent. I got it at Target for $8 for 8.5 fl oz. I wish it were a bit cheaper and came in bigger bottles. Overall. I like it and I would think about repurchasing when I run out. For reference, my hair has a little bit of damage at the ends, is colortreated, and wavy.

Edit: Long term use dried out my hair a bit even though I did not heat style, got a trim, and did not bleach or lighten.) I have since given the bottle away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by MsBee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

We have tried a number of different products in our house and we keep coming back to this. our hair type goes from wavy to kinky curly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

Giovanni has reformulated this product a number of times, so when going to pick up any of the Giovanni products its best to check the ingredient listing always. Now, I have not tried any of its prior formulations. I have only tried their current version of this product (as of 2013-when I purchased it). And, I think that it is a pretty decent conditioner overall.

This product is considered a deep conditioner. While, its moisturizing, detangling, and smoothing properties are all pretty okay (in my opinion). This product isn't as deeply conditioning to my hair as it claims to be. Therefore, whenever I use it (which is very rarely), I use it as a regular, rinse-out conditioner only.

It has an okay smell to it. Overall, I'm just not a huge fan of the way most of the Giovanni products I've tried overall.

I do not have plan to purchase any more bottles of this stuff. It just isn't as moisturizing as I need I need it to be. As, i have very dry, naturally curly hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Giama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

It was not moisturizing at all even though I thought that it would be because it had great slip in the shower when I applied it and rinsed it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lilstar35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been searching for a good conditioner for my hair and happen to come across this at a Target. It was around $8.00 and after reading raving reviews for it on MU, I thought I would give it a shot.
I really tried to like this conditioner, but sadly it did nothing for my hair except leave it very dry and lifeless. It did make my hair silky while I was working it into my hair in the shower, but as soon as I washed it out my hair became super dry.
Now I am trying to finish up the bottle that I have just so it doesn't go to waste. I will not be repurchasing this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is a decent lightweight conditioner. Provides good slip, detangles easily, left my hair super-soft & manageable. And it's not expensive either! No complaints really, but I wouldn't buy this again. I need more heavy-duty moisture from my conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Smooth As Silk Conditioner (liter) at TJ Maxx for around $12 (I love that the liter has a pump!). Someone on here had mentioned it smelling like coconut, which I was kind of excited about, but it really doesn't smell like coconut. Actually, it oddly smells like fruit loops. It smells pretty nice once my hair is dry, unlike the strong breakfast cereal scent when applied. I usually TRIPLE condition to make sure that my hair is really soft and tangle free. I also did this with my Suave conditioner. Basically, after shampooing, I condition and let it sit in my hair for a few minutes, rinse out & then I usually find my hair is still a little dry so I recondition. After the second time, it's pretty soft, but I do a third time so that I can easily slip my fingers right through. I don't have to do this with my Pureology conditioner, which is why it is definitely worth the hefty price tag, but I really don't mind having to do so with the Smooth As Silk - as long as the end result is luxuriously soft, frizz-free waves. My hair seems much tamer after using this, I don't really have to worry about using finishing products to soften or make it look silky. It looks and feels incredibly healthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by kayclover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't just similar to TJ Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner ($4) - it is exactly the same, ingredient by ingredient.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by citygirl123

This is, without a doubt, my holy grail conditioner.

My whole life, I've never been able to stay faithful to a shampoo or conditioner. I just never felt like one particular brand or product, high end or drugstore, was really all that amazing or better than the other. As long as I picked a product that was fit for my hair type, I was never disappointed or overwhelmed by its awesomeness. Until I tried the Giovanni hair products.

I've recently started to switch my skincare and haircare products to all natural ones, and I just randomly picked up the Giovanni tea tree shampoo and smooth and silk conditioner at Ulta, and I fell in love. This conditioner leaves my hair so soft and smooth and very hydrated. I don't have very problematic hair - it's always been really thick, strong and healthy. But over the past year I've started to experiment with curling irons and such, and my hair started to show some slight damage on the ends. This conditioner does an amazing job and repairing my ends, and leaves my hair the softest it's ever been! Plus, there aren't a ton of chemicals packed into this conditioner, either, which is a huge plus.

The only downside is that the packaging can be tricky at times. I find that I usually just have to completely remove the top when it gets down the last quarter of product because since the bottle is thin and wide, it's hard to squeeze out.

But I cannot recommend this conditioner enough. I really don't have a need to try any other kinds, which is saying a lot for me! I've been through about three bottles now so I think it's safe to say I'm in love.