April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Skin Firming Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by fadexscape

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Nivea Skin Firming Moisturizer Q10 Plus With Advanced Q10 Complex.

Worst lotion ever. I love the pump. I love that it absorbs quickly and is very moisturizing. But the smell is horrible. It reminds me of those women who bathe in perfume before they leave their homes. I can be sensitive to smells but this was off the charts.

The first time I used this was after a shower, a little before bedtime. At first I thought the fragrance would go away after a while.....nope. Didn't happen. I got dizzy and light headed from the smell, and then when I tried to go to sleep, it kept me awake. Awful product. I wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've only used this for about a week now but so far I really like it. It makes my skin so soft. I think I may see some skin firming but maybe it's just me trying to convince myself it's working. I don't know. I'm going to keep using this and see how it goes. Even if it doesn't end up firming, I'll still use it because it makes my skin so soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by angel2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought this to try and get rid of my marks and i used it twice a day , morning and night it did make my skin remarkably smoother and made my skin more firm , but my marks are still there and maybe a lil more noticable , however i still use it because it is so soft!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by dannieh00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lotion is very runny and watery and when I put it on, it kind of just sits on thee surface of my skin making it slippery. I've been using this lotion for about a month now and I can say that it does moisturise but I didn't notice any firming. I also really don't like the smell of this moisturiser and it seems to just never fade away even after hours of putting it on.

I wouldn't purchase this product again as I like to try different kinds of body moiturisers everytime I run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this lotion. It doesn't firm, but honestly I never thought it would. I dislike it because it doesn't sink into your skin. After showering and putting this on, I have to wait 10-15 minutes before putting my clothes on. The feeling is almost like a self-tanner. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Vespyr

I really tried to not like this cream. I bought it about 4 months ago, but spotted other creams that interested me more.
I decided to use it up before using something else and my legs and arms have never been softer! I have mild KP on my legs and arms and it softens them right up so that I can barely tell that I even have bumpies.
I`m still waiting for the `firming` part, but I have noticed that the skin on my legs is more even. I`ve only been using it consistently for about 2 weeks now. So we shall see where this goes. I will buy this product again because of the way it makes my skin feel.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

this lotion is very moisturizing and wee absorb, not oily or sticky like some of them can be. My skin is always smooth and hydrated, as for firming I didn't see much difference in my skin. This is very inexpensive, I only gave it three lippy because it claims to firm skin which I didn't notice at all, for my my test for a product is one bottle if it doesn't show results in one bottle it never will. One of these bottle will last me about 3 months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a lot of luck with this lotion starting out - I noticed a difference in the appearance of my cellulite within about three weeks with regular use, and my skin was softer overall. Even though it has a thin consistency, it was enough to keep my skin well moisturized (at first). I even liked the smell, it's just a clean lotion smell that isn't too sweet or flowery, and it didn't compete with other fragrances I wore.

Unfortunately, prolonged use had side effects on my skin - namely, the thinner skin on my lower tummy and hips got dry and flaky, to the point where my skin was peeling and leaving little white flakes all over my clothes! I had been using the lotion for about five months at this point, and could not figure out what was causing the dryness; I initially attributed it to a bout of the flu I had, because I had gotten horribly dehydrated and couldn't shower for a week, much less put on moisturizer. It kept getting worse, though, and finally two months after I got sick I happened to find some reviews for this that mentioned the same symptom.

I stopped using it immediately, and after a few weeks my skin started to look normal again. I still have almost a full bottle left, so I might try it for shorter periods at a time, but definitely not to the degree I was before, and only on my upper thighs and butt.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by vspinheiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like it.
it definitly hydrates your skin and leave it with a pretty soft feeling, i used for my whole body :)
i don't really know about the firming part but it kinda of even out the skin so the cellulite is not so visible and that's a huge plus... oh and let's not forget the pump
i'm buying this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Costco for $12.00 and I love it, I have been using it for about 3 months now. I use it everyday because my skin is really dry and i need moisturizers and lotions all the time. Anyway I love it because it keeps my skin looking beautiful and soft, compared to other moisturizers. I do not agree with the price, I think it should cost less. I would buy something cheaper, but nothing works better on my skin than this, besides Aveno face and body lotions.