December 19, 2014 | 1249 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by sylvir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best dry shampoo I've ever used. And it's only ~$2 for a 4 oz. container!

Even Lush's No Drought fails in comparison. I used to have to sprinkle a generous amount of the No Drought just to notice a tiny reduction in how greasy my hair looked. Plus it left my hair with a gray cast. For some, the No Drought works, but for my thick hair that becomes oily just a couple hours after a wash, it just doesn't.

Now I just sprinkle a thin layer of the baby powder, tousle my hair a bit, and immediately notice a difference. I continue adding until I get the desired grease-free effect, and voila. Of course it doesn't look anything like freshly shampoo'd hair, but gosh darn it gets SO close. Plus, no gray cast/residue of any kind.

And with all the tousling done to the hair, it ends up looking super voluminous as well as clean.

Absolutely recommend this. Don't spend $10+ on dry shampoo again. In this economy, who doesn't want to save some money without sacrificing beauty? :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by renee1234

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great to sprinkle in your panties, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by JRom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mother has always used baby powder on her face for shine control and I was a typical teen who thought that my mother didn't know anything and tried a wide variety of face powders for my oil skin back then. Finally one day I was fed up and decided to try baby powder and have never stopped using it since.
I'm Latina so my skin is fairly tanned and had a bit of a fear this would lighten my skin, but that was not the case. It is the PERFECT translucent powder and controls my oily skin as well if not better than many high end powder brands-- for a fraction of the price! I carry this everywhere with me in an old body glitter twist brush/container duo thing (obviously I got rid of the glitter first. It's like one of those mineral powder containers with with the brush attached at the end. IT's the greatest transportation for my baby powder to wherever I go.

Also, another bonus is that it triples as a dry shampoo and zit zapper. Dab a good amount of baby powder before you go to sleep on your zits and it dries them up the next morning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Besides for using this on my kids when they were little,I have used this as a dry shampoo and it works like a charm!!!

I love the scent too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Most MUAers don't know who Way Bandy was but Google him and you will find that he was THE go-to make-up artist of the 60's and 70's and early 80's until we lost him to AIDS. He was one of the - if not THE first - to promote using oils to cleanse your face, using natural products whenever possible (there were no truly organic color cosmetics back then that were widely available) and he used baby powder as a setting powder. I came across his two books from the 70's where he offers up a number of fantastic make-up designs that stand the test of time. I went along with the color and formula options (with fantastic results BTW) but hesitated when it came to using the baby powder as a setting powder. Then I thought, "Why not? He's right about everything else!"

It's FANTASTIC! I've used dozens of powders over the years including professional HD powders and this gives me the results I want! No oiliness, soft skin, lasting color.

Try it! I swear you'll get hooked. Then find Way's books on Amazon.

You're welcome!

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by lolliepoppies

The best powder ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm 52 and this has been, for the most part, my go-to setting powder since I was in my 20's. I've tried mattifying powders, rice powders, HE loose and pressed powders, DS loose and pressed powders, and for my extremely oily skin, this works best for me. I have a plastic container with a screw-on lid that I squeeze powder into. Not a sifter, but what is basically a Rubbermaid-type container in which you'd carry salad dressing for lunch. I apply the powder with an Eco Tools retractable kabuki. I dip the edges of the bristles into the powder, then press and swirl the brush in the container's lid to work the powder into the brush. Those of you who use BM know what I'm talking about. My skin coloring is NW 20-25 and I'm fair with lots of pink in my skin. After applying my foundation (or TM or BB cream), I set it with baby powder, and I make sure to include my eyelids. After applying my blush, I blend it with a bit of powder, swirling the brush. I end up with a matte face without added coverage or color. I'm too old for colored face powders that do nothing but sink into lines and highlight everything that needs to be hidden. Baby powder does the trick. I use regular baby powder - not cornstarch baby powder. I learned the hard way that once I sweat and/or my face gets oily, the cornstarch version collects in squint/smile lines and wrinkles and creates silvery lines on my face. THAT I do not need!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using this for 13 years since i was a baby haha :D i never replaced it with any other brands because this is just the best. Here are some of my experience with this product after a long time >>>>
1. My everyday favorite deodorant! Absorbs sweat and keeps my armpit dry for a longtime ;) my mom suggested me to use this instead of anti persiprant deodorants.
2. When i dont have time (actually im lazy) to wash my hair, this thing solves my problem. I have wavy black hair,and my problem is when my hair gets oily, its too visible for everyone to see my hair. I use this as a dry shampoo and my hair is ready!
3. I dab some onto my face and neck to get brighter complexion, although i am light skinned. Also helps mattify my makeup!
4. Calms my skin after sports and bathtimes ;)
My favorites are :
1. coolng powder with Honeysuckle extract : it doesnt make me skin feel cool, but the scent is refreshing :D
2. Pink Blossoms : i love this scent, calming soft florals.
3. Nourishing with milk :This one wont clash my perfumes, since its very soft scented.
I will always repurchase these baby powders :D

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by keekz

I have bought so many powders throughout the years, from high-end to drugstore, and i am amazed at how much i love this product as a face powder. First off, i use products with Talc in them and i do not break out, so i was not afraid of this breaking me out and it has not (i have the scented version). It is so oil absorbing and i have very oily skin! I like applying this with a powder puff? I press it onto my forehead, chin, and nose and under the eyes for fall out.

I also use this as dry shampoo and it is great! Never used a better one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

By far THE best dry shampoo I've used. I've used the Batiste and Tresemme dry shampoos as well as a few others and this is the only one that absorbs the oil really well and gives my hair some much needed oomph!

The way I apply it is to sprinkle a small amount onto a hairbrush and simply comb through your hair - this ensures that you don't put too much on and end up with white coloured hair!