July 25, 2014 | 1796 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by lolliepoppies

The best powder ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm 52 and this has been, for the most part, my go-to setting powder since I was in my 20's. I've tried mattifying powders, rice powders, HE loose and pressed powders, DS loose and pressed powders, and for my extremely oily skin, this works best for me. I have a plastic container with a screw-on lid that I squeeze powder into. Not a sifter, but what is basically a Rubbermaid-type container in which you'd carry salad dressing for lunch. I apply the powder with an Eco Tools retractable kabuki. I dip the edges of the bristles into the powder, then press and swirl the brush in the container's lid to work the powder into the brush. Those of you who use BM know what I'm talking about. My skin coloring is NW 20-25 and I'm fair with lots of pink in my skin. After applying my foundation (or TM or BB cream), I set it with baby powder, and I make sure to include my eyelids. After applying my blush, I blend it with a bit of powder, swirling the brush. I end up with a matte face without added coverage or color. I'm too old for colored face powders that do nothing but sink into lines and highlight everything that needs to be hidden. Baby powder does the trick. I use regular baby powder - not cornstarch baby powder. I learned the hard way that once I sweat and/or my face gets oily, the cornstarch version collects in squint/smile lines and wrinkles and creates silvery lines on my face. THAT I do not need!

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using this for 13 years since i was a baby haha :D i never replaced it with any other brands because this is just the best. Here are some of my experience with this product after a long time >>>>
1. My everyday favorite deodorant! Absorbs sweat and keeps my armpit dry for a longtime ;) my mom suggested me to use this instead of anti persiprant deodorants.
2. When i dont have time (actually im lazy) to wash my hair, this thing solves my problem. I have wavy black hair,and my problem is when my hair gets oily, its too visible for everyone to see my hair. I use this as a dry shampoo and my hair is ready!
3. I dab some onto my face and neck to get brighter complexion, although i am light skinned. Also helps mattify my makeup!
4. Calms my skin after sports and bathtimes ;)
My favorites are :
1. coolng powder with Honeysuckle extract : it doesnt make me skin feel cool, but the scent is refreshing :D
2. Pink Blossoms : i love this scent, calming soft florals.
3. Nourishing with milk :This one wont clash my perfumes, since its very soft scented.
I will always repurchase these baby powders :D

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by keekz

I have bought so many powders throughout the years, from high-end to drugstore, and i am amazed at how much i love this product as a face powder. First off, i use products with Talc in them and i do not break out, so i was not afraid of this breaking me out and it has not (i have the scented version). It is so oil absorbing and i have very oily skin! I like applying this with a powder puff? I press it onto my forehead, chin, and nose and under the eyes for fall out.

I also use this as dry shampoo and it is great! Never used a better one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

By far THE best dry shampoo I've used. I've used the Batiste and Tresemme dry shampoos as well as a few others and this is the only one that absorbs the oil really well and gives my hair some much needed oomph!

The way I apply it is to sprinkle a small amount onto a hairbrush and simply comb through your hair - this ensures that you don't put too much on and end up with white coloured hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by susiesdeeter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BUY THIS!

Uses:
1. Dry Shampoo
2. Deodorant
3. Under Foundation
4. Layer it with mascara (I've never done this for the fear of it ruining my contacts)

I have been searching for a good dry shampoo, that doesn't break the bank being a student. I've tried almost everything, and nothing has worked. One day I woke up and really did not feel like spending an hour redoing my hair. I picked this up and sprinkled a little in my roots, rubbed it in and POOF! I took away the oil (all day), added some volume, and the smell was refreshing but not too strong.
I also use this as a Deodorant when I get out of the shower. I have very sensitive armpits and this doesn't make my skin react at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Not only is this great to use on skin to keep you dry, but it also works just like a dry shampoo for your hair! If you don't have time to wash your hair, just sprinkle some in your hair and brush it through. Works very well and leaves you hair with a nice, subtle scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

How I use:
My skin is oily, acneic. I LOVE using cornstarch based baby powder. I seem to have a hard time finding fragrance free but that just might be a bad coincidence. My skin is dark, too, and I don't have a problem using it as a finishing powder. I sprinkle some into my hand, dip a finishing brush with the dual fibers, shake out as much as I can, then gently sweep all over. Works great to keep oils at bay better than any loose powder I've tried. And I've not found it breaks me out.
Also use to take out oils at the scalp: just a small amount rubbed into the hands and then massaged into the scalp. Works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by NiteOwlGrl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

so many great uses for baby powder.
1. I like to put it in my hair if it looks greasy.
2. It's great after baths and showers.
3. Sprinkle it on bed sheets for fresh smelling soft sheets.
4. This ones funny I have friends who are in black metal bands and do corpse paint, one of them told me you can use it as a make up primer. Yeahhh getting make up tips from dudes ftw lol.
5. Dry shampoo for pets
6. absorbs grease stains on clothes
7. put it in rubber cleaning gloves to slide them on easier
8. remove mold from books
9.get sand off your body easier
10. silence wooden floors
11. going to a concert show? use it as an extra deodorant to absorb sweat
12. put it on before waxing to absorb oils and lotions for better waxing

The original baby scent is great and I find it really comforting something that will never get old. There are many other uses for baby powder, it's just one of those must have things in your cabinet that has many uses. Definitely worth the buy.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hair application tip: For those with dark hair (like me), who want to use baby powder to help oily hair get through another day without showering:
-Pour desired amount into hand (usually not much, at least for me, and my hair is pretty oily!)
-Use a large powder brush to dab into the powder (tap off excess), and sort of bounce/stipple the brush into the roots and along hairline. For fuller, more "all-over" coverage, I also like to just dump a little into one hand, rub them together, bend over with my hair hanging down, and just lightly go through and massage all over into the scalp...lol.
-Now, HERE'S the best tip: If your hair is dark, and you can see the whiteness of the powder, and just simply smoothing your hand over the "white spots" doesn't help get rid of them, try dampening a washcloth, squeeze out all the excess, then lightly smooth over/dab the white areas. Magic! Gets rid of the excess powder :-)

Clearly we all know and agree that this is a great multitasking product, from grown women to babies...the only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 is because of the whole "talc/cancer" issue, which I still don't know if it's true or not... :-)

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No