Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 5/10/2015 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've repurchased this numerous times all throughout my teenage years & I always thought the constant ichy skin after my showers were normal. Since my mother would buy this by the pack I never thought to ask her if I could switch it up. Now after switching to my Aveeno Active Naturals Soap and Fragrance Free Moisturizing Bar for my face and body that has such an incredibly creamy lather that rinses completely clean I now realize how horrible the Dove was for my skin. I also experience no itching what-so-ever with this.

on 4/28/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This made my skin weird and left a residue on it. I won't be repurchasing EVER.

on 4/28/2015 3:58:00 PM

Dove used to be my favorite soap for a long time and it is still a pretty good soap. However, I have noticed that my skin would get a bit dry after I used this soap. I had to put on lotion afterwards. Overall, good soap but can be a bit drying if you are using it on the long term.

Just doesn't work for me.

I can't stand the smell. I really don't like baby powder scents. That's personal, though.

My problem with this is that it doesn't moisturize my skin at all. It leaves my skin feeling waxy. A few times some kind of layer has peeled off of my skin after using this? Not a layer of skin? It was really quite icky. My skin is still dry after this, it just has this waxy crap sitting on the surface. I also never feel clean after using this. Maybe it's the waxy, filmy layer it leaves or maybe it's the fact that "Dove isn't ordinary soap"

I can't even use this as a hand soap. But, it must be just me, because I know a lot of people love Dove.

I'll stick with my cheaper, more effective Ivory soap.

on 4/27/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This soap was recommended by my dermatologist as I have eczema. At first, this works really well, and it aids in moisturizing my skin. After going to the 3 month mark, it justs stops working. It still cleans my skin, but when I get out of the shower I begin to have white, patchy, dehydrated skin. I need a product that consistently leaves my skin soft and moisturized, not this. For now I will experiment with their body washes and see how that goes. By the way, I do have friends who have normal skin and love this product, so it's definitely me and my extremely dry skin. Oh, another thing, I used the sensitive one since the scented ones are too strong for me and give me a rash.

on 4/25/2015 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like Dove because they advertise with "real women"and they do have a lot of washes that work well. That being said soap does not work for my older dry skin-even this soap. I do feel it leaves a film. I don't mind using this when showering and I'll do that to use it up. After that I'll go back to their moisturizing body washes which are very good.

on 4/25/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered if the formulation has changed in this soap. 3 months ago I bought a pack (plain white-two bar pack) and it was horrible. For years and years I have only use this soap for my shower, all over, and I didn't have to worry about using it on my lady parts.
Soon after using the new bars, my neck began to itch. I though maybe I my shirt was rubbing me wrong...then my lady parts started to itch (outside areas) and become very, very dry. Tops of my feet where itchy---WTF? I now thought my laundry soap was the problem, so I switched to All Free and Clear. Nope, still having itchy dry skin problems, getting worse. ALL of this happened within two weeks of using the new soap. If finally figured out it was the Dove soap.
In the garbage both bars went. I switched to CAMAY bar soap and a feminine liquid soap.
All the itchy skin has cleared up, I know this is TMI, but it really did a number on my lady parts, so, so drying. I almost had to see the doc because of this soap.

on 4/24/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's true: Dove isn't Dove any more. Apparently they couldn't resist changing the formula yet again, and now it's very drying and barely lathers at all, even in soft water.

on 4/17/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

**Formulation has been changed! :(****

I have used dove soap my entire life without having any irritation or suffering from any breakouts. In fact, this product even cleared up my hormonal breakouts during my teenage years and kept my skin clear, supple and healthy looking. I have used this bar soap to wash my body in the shower, to wash my face every morning and also to remove my make up and it did the job amazingly! This bar soap used to be my HG and I faithfully used it ever since I was a kid.

I am now in my mid twenties, I have never suffered from dry or sensitive skin (just the occasional bumps under the skin that would go away over night) and a few years ago I started breaking out with red pimples after washing my face with dove soap. I seriously thought this was hormonal or due to my lifestyle/diet. I tried to improve my diet and sleep on time but my skin got worse every time I stepped out of the shower. I continued using dove soap for quite a while even though my break outs were getting worse. Turns out, it was dove soap all along! - I always wondered why my acne was becoming worse and worse after washing my face every morning and I didn't even realise that the dove soap formulation had been changed.
Overtime this made my skin so dry and sore and the acne had spread all over my face( forehead, cheeks, chin). I was so upset but eventually I stopped using this product all together. I don't understand why they must change the formulation of good old products to add more detergent when people have been using it for years!

The sensitive version of this still works a lot better without any irritation but it thins you're skin out overtime (not as moisturising as the OLD original dove soap). Sadly, I shall never go back to dove again. So disappointed.

The only bar soap my husband will use. It does feel nice and sudsy but i always feel extra dry after using it. And kinda itchy