Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 4/25/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered if the formulation has changed in this soap. 3 months ago I bought a pack (plain white-two bar pack) and it was horrible. For years and years I have only use this soap for my shower, all over, and I didn't have to worry about using it on my lady parts.
Soon after using the new bars, my neck began to itch. I though maybe I my shirt was rubbing me wrong...then my lady parts started to itch (outside areas) and become very, very dry. Tops of my feet where itchy---WTF? I now thought my laundry soap was the problem, so I switched to All Free and Clear. Nope, still having itchy dry skin problems, getting worse. ALL of this happened within two weeks of using the new soap. If finally figured out it was the Dove soap.
In the garbage both bars went. I switched to CAMAY bar soap and a feminine liquid soap.
All the itchy skin has cleared up, I know this is TMI, but it really did a number on my lady parts, so, so drying. I almost had to see the doc because of this soap.

on 4/24/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's true: Dove isn't Dove any more. Apparently they couldn't resist changing the formula yet again, and now it's very drying and barely lathers at all, even in soft water.

on 4/17/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

**Formulation has been changed! :(****

I have used dove soap my entire life without having any irritation or suffering from any breakouts. In fact, this product even cleared up my hormonal breakouts during my teenage years and kept my skin clear, supple and healthy looking. I have used this bar soap to wash my body in the shower, to wash my face every morning and also to remove my make up and it did the job amazingly! This bar soap used to be my HG and I faithfully used it ever since I was a kid.

I am now in my mid twenties, I have never suffered from dry or sensitive skin (just the occasional bumps under the skin that would go away over night) and a few years ago I started breaking out with red pimples after washing my face with dove soap. I seriously thought this was hormonal or due to my lifestyle/diet. I tried to improve my diet and sleep on time but my skin got worse every time I stepped out of the shower. I continued using dove soap for quite a while even though my break outs were getting worse. Turns out, it was dove soap all along! - I always wondered why my acne was becoming worse and worse after washing my face every morning and I didn't even realise that the dove soap formulation had been changed.
Overtime this made my skin so dry and sore and the acne had spread all over my face( forehead, cheeks, chin). I was so upset but eventually I stopped using this product all together. I don't understand why they must change the formulation of good old products to add more detergent when people have been using it for years!

The sensitive version of this still works a lot better without any irritation but it thins you're skin out overtime (not as moisturising as the OLD original dove soap). Sadly, I shall never go back to dove again. So disappointed.

The only bar soap my husband will use. It does feel nice and sudsy but i always feel extra dry after using it. And kinda itchy

on 4/11/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This used to be my go-to soap, ever since my pediatrician recommended its usage when I was a baby. I have always loved the fragrance and the soft-skin feeling. I thought I'd use it all my life.

Unfortunately, a few years back, they reformulated the product to use more detergents vs. the older, more oil-based (real soap) formula. I have a mild allergy to lathering detergents and my hands began puckering and peeling before I discovered what was up.

So just a heads-up, if you're looking for real soap due to wanting to avoid SLS and other detergents, you might want to pass.

on 4/9/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My face is super oily and sensitive and, this is the only bar soap I have used that doesn't break me out.

It creates a lovely balance, not too dry and not too oily, somewhere in between which is perfect for my skin. It'd also dirt cheap so, it doesn't hurt to try it. Bless

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Nice soap! It has a light smell and is a very gentle soap. It leaves skin soft and clear.

on 2/17/2015 10:48:00 PM

It's so nice and moisturizing.It has fragrance...I'll never ever EVER use a bar on my face ever again!! It's perfect neck-down though! (:

Update:I've finished but won't repurchase.Sadly we dont have the sensitive skin one here,where its fragrance-free :(

PS-Opt for a gentle cleanser,like eucerin dermatoclean refreshing cleansing gel,or olay sensitive foaming face wash....Both are priced reasonably and works better (:

on 2/17/2015 11:31:00 AM

This is the only bar cleanser that works for both face and body. It just works well!

on 2/12/2015 9:54:00 AM

I use the regular and the sensitive version which basically takes out the minimal amount of fragrance the original bar has. Both are good. I was hesitant to try it at first, thinking it would dry my skin out. I'd been using Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming or Purpose/Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin Foaming. I tried Dove once for a day or so and it seemed drying. But I used it for a week and my skin looked and felt so much better! It's really helped simplify my skincare routine. I use it for my body and face. It keeps my skin balanced, soft and nice. I'm sorry I hesitated using it in the first place. It really is a great basic facial and body cleansing bar and good for sensitive skin that's prone to breaking out.