Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 9/22/2013 9:25:00 PM

This product is ineffective at removing eye makeup. You can buy a drugstore brand and it would do a better job.

on 7/16/2013 10:23:00 PM

I love this eye make up remover because it does the job and its gentle. Doesn't sting my eyes and gets rid of most of my eye make up. However it is a bit pricey but I would repurchase this if I needed to.

on 4/30/2013 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The bottle says 'Gentle Eye Makeup Remover' and it is true that it is GENTLE. It did not sting my eyes one single time during the times I've used it.
I'm finished with the bottle now and will not purchase again. It's expensive, but not worth the price.
The _problem_ is that it does NOT get rid off _all_ eye makeup, so when I wake up in the morning I have to use this product TWICE more.

Have used more efficient products before.

on 4/8/2013 8:24:00 PM

Received this as part of the Eye mascara+base free gift set w/ purchase – full bottle w/ gold cap. My initial reaction..."if by "gentle," you mean ineffective..."

Dislikes:

-Not effective for heavy eye makeup - Does not wipe off full-coverage eye makeup easily (which includes – eye primer, eyeshadows pencil eyeliner, & non-water proof mascara). I ended up having to fully soak a large cotton pad for just one eye (at least two splashes). I felt like I was constantly rubbing/wiping in order to remove all the makeup (particularly my pencil eyeliner & mascara). The skin around my eye became a bit more sensitive to touch after the first few uses. I am used to using just one splash of remover onto a cotton pad & removing heavy eye makeup completely.

-Price/Use –I found it works better when you pour more remover, but then this means I would go through the bottle faster. I think there are some decent drugstore brands (like Neutrogena) that wipe away eye makeup a lot faster/easier than this one, at a much lower price.

Likes:
-Oil-Free – no oil left behind after use, so this is really nice. Great for doing touchups when you are working on your makeup & need to fix areas. Or for the next morning when you have some leftover eye makeup under your eye.

-Odorless

I expected a lot from Estee Lauder, but apparently not all “high quality,” “high end” makeup brands can be outstanding in all areas of makeup & make a good, effective makeup remover. This is actually great news to me! I can stick to spending under $10 on drugstore removers and not feel like I’m missing out on anything. I will continue to use this product until it runs out though. I don’t like to waste :)

on 2/1/2013 9:16:00 PM

Terrible product. Makes my eyes sting terribly. I have been using it for about a week, hoping the eye stinging would get better. This is definitely not "gentle."

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used it once, both my eyes started burning intensely a few minutes later. I rinsed them but it was too late. The next morning I woke up with thick crusts where my lids close and my eyes were bright red for about 24 hours.
Not so gentle after all.
(And I have used waterproof makeup remover on a daily basis in the past)

on 12/3/2012 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The worst make-up remover ever! I had silk eyelash extension and had to use an oil-free remover, for this reason I bought it. What a mistake! It did not remove eyeshadow and I wasn't even using mascara.

on 11/30/2012 2:50:00 PM

Terrible. Glad I didn't pay for it. Just really, really horrible. Doesn't take make-up off and it hurts while failing to be effective. I DO use it for *minor* touch ups because I know it's not powerful enough to impact the rest of my make-up.

on 11/30/2012 11:18:00 AM

I am always very selective when I purchase eye makeup remover because of my allergic reaction to certain scents and ingredients. This makeup remover is soo gentle around my eyes, and even if it gets into my eyes it feels like water only- no harm done. This is the only eye makeup remover that I find to remove all mascara and makeup. I love the bottle, it is easy to travel with, doesn't break. This is a remover that works a 100%, not too expensive for me. I follow up with eye cream so that the areas around my eyes do not dry out and look old :-)

on 11/24/2012 1:46:00 PM

I got this in a bonus package. It's not good at all! It stings my eyes and dries the delicate skin around my eyes.