October 2, 2014 | 968 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received this as part of the Eye mascara+base free gift set w/ purchase – full bottle w/ gold cap. My initial reaction..."if by "gentle," you mean ineffective..."

Dislikes:

-Not effective for heavy eye makeup - Does not wipe off full-coverage eye makeup easily (which includes – eye primer, eyeshadows pencil eyeliner, & non-water proof mascara). I ended up having to fully soak a large cotton pad for just one eye (at least two splashes). I felt like I was constantly rubbing/wiping in order to remove all the makeup (particularly my pencil eyeliner & mascara). The skin around my eye became a bit more sensitive to touch after the first few uses. I am used to using just one splash of remover onto a cotton pad & removing heavy eye makeup completely.

-Price/Use –I found it works better when you pour more remover, but then this means I would go through the bottle faster. I think there are some decent drugstore brands (like Neutrogena) that wipe away eye makeup a lot faster/easier than this one, at a much lower price.

Likes:
-Oil-Free – no oil left behind after use, so this is really nice. Great for doing touchups when you are working on your makeup & need to fix areas. Or for the next morning when you have some leftover eye makeup under your eye.

-Odorless

I expected a lot from Estee Lauder, but apparently not all “high quality,” “high end” makeup brands can be outstanding in all areas of makeup & make a good, effective makeup remover. This is actually great news to me! I can stick to spending under $10 on drugstore removers and not feel like I’m missing out on anything. I will continue to use this product until it runs out though. I don’t like to waste :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by luciasue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Terrible product. Makes my eyes sting terribly. I have been using it for about a week, hoping the eye stinging would get better. This is definitely not "gentle."

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by elisabethyale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used it once, both my eyes started burning intensely a few minutes later. I rinsed them but it was too late. The next morning I woke up with thick crusts where my lids close and my eyes were bright red for about 24 hours.
Not so gentle after all.
(And I have used waterproof makeup remover on a daily basis in the past)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The worst make-up remover ever! I had silk eyelash extension and had to use an oil-free remover, for this reason I bought it. What a mistake! It did not remove eyeshadow and I wasn't even using mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

Terrible. Glad I didn't pay for it. Just really, really horrible. Doesn't take make-up off and it hurts while failing to be effective. I DO use it for *minor* touch ups because I know it's not powerful enough to impact the rest of my make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Princess2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am always very selective when I purchase eye makeup remover because of my allergic reaction to certain scents and ingredients. This makeup remover is soo gentle around my eyes, and even if it gets into my eyes it feels like water only- no harm done. This is the only eye makeup remover that I find to remove all mascara and makeup. I love the bottle, it is easy to travel with, doesn't break. This is a remover that works a 100%, not too expensive for me. I follow up with eye cream so that the areas around my eyes do not dry out and look old :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a bonus package. It's not good at all! It stings my eyes and dries the delicate skin around my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

I'm a bit sad to see this product get such bad reviews. I personally find this to be very effective in taking off eye makeup, especially mascara. I do have to scrub sometimes to remove my eyeliner, but I'm okay with that because it means my eyeliner is smudge proof (: This lasts a long time, though it could be because I dip a Q-tip into the product to wash off my makeup. I don't know how much this costs because my mom gets it from the EL gift packages, but I imagine that it is pretty expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

One of the most ineffective makeup removers that I have ever used. It removed eyeshadow and primer with no problem, but it barely made a dent in the mascara and liner. This wasn't waterproof makeup either: it was your basic eyeliner and mascara. This product couldn't even remove the remnants that were left after I used a REAL makeup remover and washed my face.

Fortunately, this was part of a gift set so I didn't waste my money on it, because that's exactly what you'd be doing with your money if you purchased this. Even the drugstore brand perform far better than this one does.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It always gets off all my eye makeup. Even the waterproof products. It doesn't sting my eyes.