July 26, 2014 | 1723 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by luciasue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Terrible product. Makes my eyes sting terribly. I have been using it for about a week, hoping the eye stinging would get better. This is definitely not "gentle."

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by elisabethyale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used it once, both my eyes started burning intensely a few minutes later. I rinsed them but it was too late. The next morning I woke up with thick crusts where my lids close and my eyes were bright red for about 24 hours.
Not so gentle after all.
(And I have used waterproof makeup remover on a daily basis in the past)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The worst make-up remover ever! I had silk eyelash extension and had to use an oil-free remover, for this reason I bought it. What a mistake! It did not remove eyeshadow and I wasn't even using mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

Terrible. Glad I didn't pay for it. Just really, really horrible. Doesn't take make-up off and it hurts while failing to be effective. I DO use it for *minor* touch ups because I know it's not powerful enough to impact the rest of my make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Princess2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am always very selective when I purchase eye makeup remover because of my allergic reaction to certain scents and ingredients. This makeup remover is soo gentle around my eyes, and even if it gets into my eyes it feels like water only- no harm done. This is the only eye makeup remover that I find to remove all mascara and makeup. I love the bottle, it is easy to travel with, doesn't break. This is a remover that works a 100%, not too expensive for me. I follow up with eye cream so that the areas around my eyes do not dry out and look old :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a bonus package. It's not good at all! It stings my eyes and dries the delicate skin around my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

I'm a bit sad to see this product get such bad reviews. I personally find this to be very effective in taking off eye makeup, especially mascara. I do have to scrub sometimes to remove my eyeliner, but I'm okay with that because it means my eyeliner is smudge proof (: This lasts a long time, though it could be because I dip a Q-tip into the product to wash off my makeup. I don't know how much this costs because my mom gets it from the EL gift packages, but I imagine that it is pretty expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the most ineffective makeup removers that I have ever used. It removed eyeshadow and primer with no problem, but it barely made a dent in the mascara and liner. This wasn't waterproof makeup either: it was your basic eyeliner and mascara. This product couldn't even remove the remnants that were left after I used a REAL makeup remover and washed my face.

Fortunately, this was part of a gift set so I didn't waste my money on it, because that's exactly what you'd be doing with your money if you purchased this. Even the drugstore brand perform far better than this one does.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It always gets off all my eye makeup. Even the waterproof products. It doesn't sting my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

I didnít use this as my sole eye makeup remover (Neutrogena makeup wipes are what I use). What I used this for was to get rid of mascara residue that stained my under eye area the next morning. I just used a q-tip, diping it into the product and clean up the left over mascara that smeared under my eyes. For that role I think this eye makeup remover is wonderful.

It felt like I was rubbing water against my skin but it got rid of what I wanted Ė no oily residue whatsoever! Because I used it that way the product has lasted me a long long long time. Decently priced for a high end product, about $16!