April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Debonair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got this product a few days ago and I'm absolutely loving it! I was a little intimidated by the product containing Glycolic acid because I know some products make your skin peel like crazy and make your face feel like it's on fire. I am happy to say that this product is surprisingly gentle. It stings a little when I put it directly on my pimples but I kind of like that. It makes me feel like it's really killing the bacteria and germs in there. Recently, my face has been getting really oily and I was breaking out all around my chin and around my mouth (upper lip). After using this product for several days now, I can already see the difference! It has really controlled the oil and my inflamed pimples have really simmered down. It's kind of crazy to see results in only a few days. I'll update my progress after a month. But so far so good :) This could be the holy grail of face washes for acne (I'm keeping my fingers crossed). In case you were interested, I use it twice a day and I apply it on my dried face after I use my biore pore unclogging face wash. I leave it on for 10 minutes (treat it like a facial mask) and then wash it off with warm water and pat dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by llyles

Have never posted a review here before, but feel compelled to do so for MD Forte products. I have been using the Facial Cleanser II, facial lotion II, and the hydrating cream for about 5 weeks now. This has made a DRASTIC improvement in frequency and severity of breakouts. Have not experienced any sensitivity and I am using twice a day. What I have experienced is clearer and smoother skin, which I was beginning to give up hope on. Try this stuff and use consistently - you likely won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sarahjessicaparker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin: generally sensitive- can be more sensitive when I overload on products, especially bad hormonal breakouts all over my face (not limited to any specific area, just widespread!), persistent little acne spots, sometimes larger underground pimples, uneven texture, ruddiness, blackheads. You name it, I had it.

I love this facial cleanser. I have been using it everyday for nearly a year now. First, I wash my face with Clean & Clear Sensitive face wash to remove my mineral makeup. Then I massage a bit of this MD Forte into my skin and let it sit for 10 minutes, then wash off with a cloth. This EASILY contributed to clearer skin for me.

I also use the Hydrating Cream and the SPF 30 by MD Forte. I love all three and use them constantly. You must remember to use SPF with these products.

Overall, for me, glycolic acid is KEY to keeping my skin clear and even.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by DanielJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I like this product so far!
I had my first compliment of "glowing skin" today after using it for two weeks.
I've seen no reduction of lines on my forehead but I believe it is evening out my complexion and refining my pores. It's also so gentle - I've even left it on overnight (though I don't recommend this as it does contain detergents)
I've used almost a fifth of this already though, thought it'd last me several months but it might be gone within two. I use it twice daily, AM and PM.
So far, I'm liking it, but I want to wait till I've finished it to see results. I'll update then!
P.s I can't wait to try Facial Cleanser III - I started straight away using II but feel my skin could easily handle III. So go for III if your skin isn't sensitive!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by sunnysunday

i really love this product but sometimes i'm too lazy to use it because it is so time consuming to use... i think that this does take off makeup and sunscreen but you have to leave it on for at least 5 minutes, which i don't have time for. and i don't really have time to take off my makeup with an oil then leave it on for an minute or so but when i do choose to leave this on...it is well worth it for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by moppie2005

I don't use this as my everyday cleanser since I don't know how clean it can actually get my face. I have found the perfect use for this. When my face is flakey or when it's feeling a bit rough or overdry due to some acne spot treatments, I whip this out.

I rub a quarter sized amount onto dry face and leave it on for about a minute or two (if your face is extremely sensitive, you might start feeling a burning sensation about 30 seconds in, so fast it off then if you're worried). After the minute or two, I wet my hands and start massaging my face in circular motions. You'll start to feel things balling up on your face, which I think is the flakey skin being exfoliated out. Massage a bit more and then wash out.

Afterwards, I just apply a moisturizing face lotion. I find that if I apply the MD Forte Lotion II right after cleaning, it burns.

I skipped MD Forte I and started straight with II with little problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by marisac118

I've never reviewed a product before, but I really felt that I had to with this one. MD Forte has SAVED my skin, which went from clear with the occasional pimple to horribly broken out 6 months ago. I have been using this cleanser for a little over a month and have seen wonderful results.

Currently, I used the cleanser every morning in the shower. I dampen my face and then pat it dry, and then massage the cleanser into my skin and let it sit while I condition my hair. Afterwards, I rinse and pat my skin dry.

I'm thinking about moving up to the Facial Cleanser III when I run out of this bottle, and I will post a review as to how that goes.

Basically, thank you MD Forte for returning my skin to its clearer state!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by xobabygrlox

I really wish this stuff would have worked for my skin but of course with my luck it did not. I used it for three months before giving up. To me it acted just like my Cetaphil cleanser, but with this cleanser I broke out with cystic acne. On a positive note one thing that I did like about this was that it did seem to help fade my acne marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by aceh76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to admit, I bought this because of all the positive reviews on MUA and I am so glad I did!!! I have had problems with hormonal acne that flares up so bad when I am stressed since I was 26 (I am now 32) and I have used ProActiv, PC products, and Dr. Denese, but nothing has worked like this cleanser does. I have only been using it for 2 weeks now, and my skin looks so good...my skin hasn't looked this good since I was in my early-mid 20's. I still have some acne along my chin, but it has significantly decreased since starting this product. I use it at night only and follow with MD Forte Lotion I. During the day I am using a BHA cleanser to help with my acne and so far that regimen is working. This is the perfect cleanser to try if you have acne and want something to also help with fine lines and pores. My skin looks healthy, my pores are so much smaller, my smile lines are not as pronounced, and my breakouts are almost under control. I understand why a lot of people rave about this cleanser...it really works!!! *EDIT* I realized that the MD Forte Lotion I was what was helping my skin...so I use the lotion only, not the cleanser. It was a bit overkill IMO using both.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by icedesign1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

6-5-09
I just started using this today. My mom's dermatologist recommended it for her and she bought me some too. I used to have very clear skin but recently I have had terrible acne on the left side of my face. After my first application this morning my face was very irritated and red but I am going to hang with it to see if there is improvement. I used it again tonight and then applied the hydrating lotion after. I will be updating this post as I go along. I also took pictures today, and I am going to do it every day to log the changes. I will keep you ladies updated. It's a shame we can't post before and after pics here. The numbers I picked for a rating are irreverent, I will change them as time proceeds.
6-6-09
Ok so I just woke up, last night before I went to bed I used the Cleanser II and applied some replenish hydrating creme. My skin is amazing this morning. The blemishes and red marks are reduced by at least half, I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. By the way, a little background info on me. I am a sun worshiping 30 year old who always wears her sunblock. Puerto Rican/American. Olive skin undertones. Sometimes Dry, Sometimes Oily.Tan Complexion. I have allergies, and something that many of you don't know is that in a lot of our favorite products there is a preservative called EDTA. It is an irritant and many people are allergic to it. Check the bottles people. Not only is it in our cosmetics it is also in our food and beverages. Especially important if you are one of those people that enjoy energy drinks...there are just a few that DON'T have EDTA in them just drinking the stuff causes me to have breakouts. When your skin is particularly bad, always consider environmental and food consumption.
6-17-09
I'm sold...my skin has cleared up and I am going to keep using this product. I only use the hydrating creme only every couple or days or so as needed if my skin gets a little dry, but mostly it make my face too oily feeling. My pores are much smaller and It has helped reduce the redness from old acne scars.
8-12-09
Still love it...my skin glows!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No