December 27, 2014 | 1196 users online

Conditioner - Bumble & Bumble - Seaweed Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by glossygirl47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is terrible. Someone tell me this the next time my stylist tries to sucker me into buying it. My hair was actually shinier and smoother using JUST shampoo than using shampoo and this conditioner. Instead of moisturizing, it actually made my hair drier and duller. Instead of detangling -- what it claims to do on the label -- it actually made my hair difficult to brush through and coated it with a disgusting product buildup. A waste of $18. And after a day of using $3 crap from Walgreens, my hair already looks better.

SKIP. THIS.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by bowbat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the Seaweed Shampoo and wanted to love the conditioner, too. Unfortunately, I find it too thin -- it's really more of a detangler than it is a conditioner. If it were more nourishing it would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Aurorales

Please don't let these low ratings steer you away from trying this conditioner and it's companion shampoo.

This is the best conditioner I have ever used. I use it with the Seaweed Shampoo which is equally amazing.
I think whether this product is a success for you or not depends of course on your hair type.

My hair: Mostly straight, but can get some soft body if styled right.
Slightly oily scalp, but dryish, colored rest of hair.
I also have a problem with tangled hair when it is wet.
Oh, very important.....my hair gets a build up from every shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. Except this one!!!

I always had to go through a clarifying treatment at least once a week. But truthfully I needed to clarify about every 3 days in order for my hair not to be weighed down and coated with whatever. But doing this dried my hair out a bit.

I have used this conditioner (and shampoo) for 4 weeks straight. My hair is clean but not stripped, nicely conditioned but not weighed down, and amazingly.....tangle free each and every time I comb through my wet just washed hair!
No detangler needed.

I guess if your hair is medium to fine in thickness and needs moisture because of damage or processing, but you don't like thick heavy conditioners that weigh hair down....then this is definitely worth a try.

It comes in a small, trial size...so at least you won't be out major money to try it out.
I am so glad I did.
HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a large pump bottle of this conditioner which is a better value and has a convenient pump. It doesn't give you amazing hair instantly, but I find long term use of this has given me soft healthy hair WITHOUT BUILD-UP. This is very important to me, b/c I find a lot of conditioners that give me glossy hair immediately leave a residue after prolonged use. The scent is light and sweet (it doesn't smell like sushi seaweed). I enjoy the smell but I don't notice it much anymore. For reference, I have dry thick coarse straight asian hair and oily roots. I used to only condition on my ends, but this conditioner is okay to use root to tip.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by orangeade15

After reading the other reviews, you can pretty much conclude that if you have fine hair... you will love this product. People with thick hair seem to hate it. As a person with super soft, fine, non-colored hair, I found this product to work great. It left my hair silky smooth and I do not even have to use a hair straightener which saves me a lot of time and stress on my hair. As far as the smell goes, I do not think it has much smell which is ok with me since the blow dry serum that I use smells great and that is enough for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by arodwhat

This stuff is the worst! I normally switch between Matrix Sleek Look and Bumble & Bumble color support conditioner for cool blondes, and my hair feels great when I get out of the shower while it's still wet. It feels healthy and smooth. I have been traveling so for the past week I've been using a sample I had of this. When i get out of the shower, my hair feels knotty and unhealthy. It feels like I didn't even use conditioner. Putting a comb through it is torture to my hair. It just stretches the hair and I can hear it snapping and breaking. I hope that this stuff hasn't ruined my hair too badly. Maybe this would work on someone with very fine, straight hair, but my hair is medium thickness and wavy, and it was terrible for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

This doesn't do much to condition my hair. It smells nice and is lightweight, but my dry hair isn't any less dry after using this. I won't buy again as it's wrong for my hair. This is best suited for someone with oily hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This condition really dried out my thick, naturally curly hair. I would not recommend it to anyone. I tossed what was left of the bottle. Oh, it smells terrible too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by aunaturelgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this conditioner. My salon uses Bumble and Bumble products, and the last time I went, she used both the Seaweed shampoo and conditioner. My hair, as always, was so soft and shiny. A few days later, I went back to my Pantene and my hair dried out again. I figured I would splurge for one of the B&B products to see if it made a difference. I decided on the conditioner because it was more likely to make my hair smooth and shiny.
This was worth the $18, honestly. Iíve tried several brands of conditioner (the type of stuff I would buy at Target) and none of them made my hair very soft, and some even dried it out. I usually have to gob on a ton of product and spread it all throughout my hair and even still, it doesn't end up being very soft. With this product I use just a little bit and smooth it over and into my hair. It's funny because it's not as "soapy" feeling as other conditioners, and the first time I used it I thought it wasn't going to work very well. I let it stay for about two minutes while I do something else like exfoliate my face or something, and then I rinse it out. I brush my hair and let it air dry (unless I'm in a rush and I use my hair dryer). Since my hair gets really wavy for some reason when it air dries, I have to use my straightener - and here's the awesome part - since I started using this conditioner in my hair, my hair is SO smooth and silky after straightening. No more flyaways or straw-like ends. I used to have to buy that VO5 hot oil for my hair every so often because my hair was always dry, but I haven't needed it.
I love this conditioner and will definitely repurchase it when I run out. I touch my hair all the time and am amazed and how smooth it is lately. It's expensive at around $18, but I have no problem buying it when I know it works. If want to try it out but are afraid of the price, check out a salon that sells the mini size (I think they are $5) and give it a sample to see.
Oh, and I love the smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just finished this condtioner and I would have to say it was a so so product for me. Not terrible but not great. I don't think this type of conditioner was the right formula for my hair to begin with. I have really thick curly hair & I feel that this is more for anyone who has short hair or is looking for a really lighter condtioner and has more of an oily scalp. I purchased it because it lists itself as a "remarkably light detangler/condtioner" which it is. Unfortunately my dry hair needs a bit more condtioning. I do think most guys would like this because of it's light formula and it's simple scent it would make a great upscale gift for that guy who is still using pert and douces himself in oldspice.