October 22, 2014 | 1288 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by MUAArtist101

Skin Background: Oily/Dry Combo, acne prone skin. This is the absolute best concealer I have EVER used. It has a light weight to it which makes it feel cool and "airy" on my skin. Does not oxidize my skin like a lot of other concealers do, and it does not come off like lotion after application. No weird scents, no globs or chunks, but it's not "watery" textured either. Very fluid and creamy look and feel to it, and blends great with any type of applicator (brush, sponge, fingers, etc). Leaves you a little shiny but some cheap pressed powder (any will do; I use NYC pressed powder which runs about $1.99-$2.99 at the most) will whisk it away and the concealer blends nicely with the powder of your choice. The packaging just looks a little bland, but you're not wearing the package/label so who cares. Got mine for less than ten dollars (with tax) at Walmart. I've had the same bottle for almost half a year and I've still got more than half the bottle and I use it everyday I go to school (7-9 hours and +3 hours if you count after school; full coverage all the time). Doesn't come off until I shower or go to bed or remove it with wet washcloth or makeup remover.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Unfortunately, I can't quite jump onto the bandwagon here. I didn't love this foundation as much as I had hoped. I originally bought this foundation as a replacement for a winter foundation, and it didn't live up to what I expected.
The one aspect of this foundation that I really loved is the color; I have warm-toned skin, and in the winter, it gets really pale. It gets difficult to find light foundations that match my skin well. However, the shade 710 Classic Ivory matched my skin perfectly; it didn't oxidize and the color you see in the tube is really the color that will show up on skin. Sadly, however, it's the only thing that I really liked about this foundation- the rest just didn't work.
First and foremost, the coverage was disappointing. It's a very, very sheer coverage product, which was not expecting. It barely covered up redness on my skin, let alone acne. I probably used more concealer than foundation in order to actually get good coverage! It's also extremely liquidy in consistence- which isn't bad, but it doesn't give you good coverage no matter what you do.
The finish was also extremely dewy. Like, more shiny than I ever expected. Tbh, I missed the part about it being a hydrating foundation...my bad. Having oily combo skin, anything shiny is not a good look, which is why I wasn't very happy. Yeah, I can mattify it with powder, but after a few hours it'll work its moisturizing powers and shine through my efforts to cover it. I was quite surprised to read that it worked well on oily skin, because I did not get results that were close to satisfying. Which leads to...
In addition, the staying power was less than ideal. Even with a good primer, the foundation was very easy to accidentally rub off. This goes especially for that time, nearing the end of the day, when makeup just comes off because of /anything/. It claims to last up to 11 hours; hell, it can hardly go two hours without somehow being smudged or rubbed off. It was pretty disappointing.
As for its moisturizing abilities, I'm not quite sure how they work. I moisturize my face each morning before makeup and have never had trouble with having dryness. Honestly, I can't tell any difference in my face's moisture from when I use any other foundation that doesn't claim to moisturize. This one intensifies the oil on my t-zone, I guess, but that doesn't quite count.
As for the packaging, the squeeze tube is actually really cool. I like it. Very convenient.
The price is okay- I got mine for $8, but I'm sure you can find them cheaper somewhere else. If you want sheer coverage and moisturizing qualities, then this is up your alley. However, it just did not work for me at all, and I am definitely not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $7-9 at most drugstores
COVERAGE: This is definitely a light to light-medium coverage, and that is with 2 layers. It doesnt do much for my active acne spots, but fades my scars and evens out my skintone and redness. I honestly think of this more as a tinted moisturizer than a foundation.
FINISH: Natural Satin. It looks great for everyday, but I would not recommend for photography.
TEXTURE: Very runny, probably because it is water based
SPF: None
LASTING POWER: This lasts about 6 hours on my skin. It is very hydrating, so I only use moisturizer on the sides of my cheeks as that is where I get the most dry, but I dont put any moisturizer on my T-Zone because I get oily there, and I just pat on this makeup.
SCENT: Its very subtle and goes away as you put it on.
SHADES: This is where this makeup lacks. I have it in "buff beige", which is close enough. There are not a lot of shades to chose from, they all look the same.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope, in fact when I took this off last night my skin felt soft and looked more clear.
PACKAGING: I like squeeze tube bottles, however, this one is a bit stiff.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes
FINAL VERDICT: I have been using BP for my acne and needed something moisturizing, light, and good for those with sensitive skin. This is just what I was looking for! I think if people try this with the idea of it being a TM, not a foundation, more people will like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mparrott33

My skin is a terrible combination of sensitive, oily and dry. It is also very acne-prone, and my cheeks become very red very easily. Not only that, but I have extremely pale/fair skin, making it near IMPOSSIBLE to find a good foundation. This one, however, is perfect for me. It has a pleasant smell, very smooth texture, and blends in fantastically. Usually because I have a very oily T-Zone, foundations melt off my face throughout the day; however, this one lasts the entire day. It has fantastic coverage and doesn't require me to add gobs and gobs of liquid onto my face, and the cute little bottles are both adorable and affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by stayflymegan

this foundation is very nice. I personally hate the Cover Girl brand. Most of their products have a strange smell, and break me out. this foundation is pretty good though. the coverage is minimal and not buildable. if gives you a natural look though. it covers a little and evens out skin tone (make sure you get the right shade). I see it like a BB or CC cream almost. it's very lightweight, and moisturizing/hydrating. I also really like the packaging. it makes it easy to get whatever amount of product out that you'd like. another good thing is this foundation is made with water, which is very good for your skin. also it can be good for acne prone skin-doesn't cause breakouts. also this foundation comes in very 'pale' colors. so it you really like a foundation, but it's a little too dark, you can buy this in a very light color and just mix the two together to get the color/shade you need! I do this with this foundation and the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation! gives me the perfect shade!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first liquid foundation, and I'm so glad I've learned to read reviews and do research since trying it. The price for this is great but like everything you get what you pay for. The packaging is not too amazing, it's really hard to squeeze product out once it's almost empty and I actually ended up staining a pair of jeans getting it out :( The lasting power is very minimal, probably about 4-5 hours before it starts to melt off. It is also not transfer resistant as it got on many of my jackets and shirts. This might work for dry skin but I wouldn't recommend it even for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by firequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Violet

This is an Update but this foundation the worst! I have very dry sensitive skin and it breaks me out, as well it accentuates my dry patches. AKA my whole face looks rough and sandpaper like. As well I have super pale translucent skin and the lightest colour is bright orange on me its disgusting! NEVER BUY THIS!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Stephygoddess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. Cover girl is the only foundation that has a color light enough for my skin tone. Any other brands either have a nasty orange tone to if or are just rely crappy. Cover girl is the best drug store brand. This foundation is very light and is good for anyone who has a problem with redness. I have a clear face and smooth skin, and this foundation is perfect for covering the redness without looking over cakey. It looks very natural. Only downside is the packaging. Once it gets to the very end it's hard to get the last of it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by bnavarro

the main reason i got this fndt was because its one of the fndt that are ivory / light without the pinkish tone to it. and i love that. mine is in classic ivory. its an alright fndt , when i put it on my face it sets to a dry finish but then turns somewhaat oily. I tried this 2 years ago and loved it. im guessing i tried this in the winter because its not good in hot weather. this is suppose to be hydrating and i guess it does do its purpose although it looks oily instead of hydrating/dewy. Now,... im not completely giving up on this because i do love the shade. main point is ..this fndt is not for the summer. more like a winter foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

For some weird reason, I LOVE THIS. I have oily skin, and this is just a perfect light natural foundation for me! Love the squeeze tube packaging, very hygienic. It doesn't have amazing coverage, but it is very buildable so thats kind of okay. I never really got on with tinted moisturizers, so this is a perfect breathable foundation for me! I still use a primer underneath, usually a mattifying one because this doesn't have a matte finish (it doesn't have a dewy one either though...) then I set it with a foundation powder for a bit of a coverage boost. Love love love! I really hope they don't discontinue this product!