Mary Kay Moisture Rich Mask Formula 1

4.3

on 1/9/2004 4:26:00 PM

I love the Mary Kay masks. I use both this one, and the revitalizing mask. I have normal skin, but in the winter it tends to be a little more dry. I use this one more in the fall and winter. It can be also used as a scrub, but I like the feel of the mask better. It really moisturizes my skin leaving it supple and smooth. I leave on skin for 10 minutes, and wash away with warm water. There are little granules in the mask I guess used as little scrubbers. But it is not gritty at all. The granules are round and smooth. I use this about once a week and gives my skin a radiant glow. Will definetly be repurchasing!

on 12/31/2003 5:52:00 PM

This is a great product. I have skin that often feels dry and seems to lack moisture, but generally reacts badly to anything that's not oil free, especially heavy moisturizers (I've stuck w/ Prescriptives Comfort lotion and Aveeno Skin Brightening with great results). Anyway, I generally avoid any cleanser / scrub with the word 'moisture'in its name since that usually implies heaviness and thickness. So I was more than pleasantly surprised with the effects of this mask / scrub. I discovered the tube in the back of my one of my bathroom cupboards - no doubt a leftover from my Mother's days as a Mary Kay lady. My skin was feeling blah and I was tired of the harshness of my usual exfolitation routine. I tried a little of the mask as a scrub in an attempt to soothe my face. It seems to smooth the skin gently while restoring the moisture balance to the skin. Best used at night, also good when mixed with an at home dermapolish scrub, some of which can be quite harsh on their own.

I tried this mask and I am still not sure if I like it. To me it is not very moisturizing and my skin feels the same as it did before I put it on. Maybe I need to give it a few more tries.

on 4/7/2003 7:10:00 PM

This is my "hangover" mask- makes me look normal again! It is super gentle and manages to replenish my skin's moisture balance. For a normal mask, I prefer the number 2, but this is great for sensitive skin.

on 1/14/2003 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This pink mask can also be used as a scrub, and has little particles in it that I did not find overly abrasive. I has a thick texture which I enjoyed, and doesn't have any added fragrance; it rinsed easily and my skin felt soft afterwards. No redness or irritation! This may not be an extraordinary product, but it is a nice gentle product if you are looking to add a scrub/mask to your skincare routine. Mary Kay's packaging is painfully boring, but I don't care much about it since it will live in my cupboard!

From marykay.com:
Moisture Rich Mask Formula 1:
Gently removes dead surface cells and exposes newer, younger-looking skin. Hydrates and moisturizes the skin, helping make the skin supple and soft. Helps remove environmental impurities from the skin's surface. For dry and normal skin. 4 oz. ($12)