April 17, 2014 | 1361 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just tried this product and I love it! I have a hard time buying red nail polishes, because they usually look too pink for my taste, so it was nice to find a red that was actually red! It's not too dark or too light, it's a nice cherry-color red. The bottle was a good price and works well so I plan on rebuying it whenever it is that I need it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color. Chips fairly easily, but all polishes do. Will buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by violetriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am obsessed with this color. I have such a hard time finding a red that is flattering on my skin tone. I'm around NW20, probably a little paler this time of year. One thing I find that can be really frustrating with reds is how different they can look depending on the light. Malaga Wine is so gorgeous in any light! It's not too blue but it's not a screaming bright red either. Depending on the light it can have more of a cherry red appearance, or a vampy crimson tint. The only thing with OPI polishes is that the brushes can make for a slightly messy application, I feel like the brush is a bit clumsy. The consistency of this polish was perfect- not too thin or goopy thick and I only needed two coats for the color to look even. I did add a third coat though for a deeper red hue. This is such a classic elegant red. highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

I was looking for a replacement for my all-time favourite blood-red polish, OPI's St Petersburgundy (which is discontinued, according to the SA) and the SA introduced this. However, when I got home, I realised it's waay too dark for my liking.

It is quite a vampy colour, almost blood-like in natural sunlight. However, it does come off a little plummy in some lights.

If you're those who like a very dark goth-like red, you'd like this. However, it's not for me; haven't even used it twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by jadeymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is a reason that this polish is so popular and one of opis longest selling polishes, I believe it was from the original opi nail laquer launch of 1989! Anyway! It is an absolutely gorgeous colour! One of my all time favourites and at a tie with big apple red for my favourite red of all time! (I just can't choose between the 2 :p) this is a blood red cream that is dark, but nowhere near dark enough that it could be mistaken for black. It is the perfect dark red, particularly for fall and winter although I wear it all year round :) I wore it last Halloween and received many compliments :) application is amazingly smooth and consistent.. It wears very well (about a week with top and base coat) and it doesn't stain your nails! A perfect blood red creme! It is so super glossy and classy! Would highly recommend that everyone give it a try as I think this would suit most skin tones :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by BlondeInDelhi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This applies a little streaky, and definitely needs two coats. While the colour is nice, I find I use it really rarely, so would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by stls

I love red nail polishes and have lots of them. I really couldn't miss this iconic shade of OPI.
After the first coat I was a bit disappointed, it was too magenta-red. Reminded me of ''Cherries in the snow'' lipstick by Revlon. After the second coat you get a definite cool toned red and very glossy. Of course the OPI formula and brush are flawless as always.

Overall, this shade is lovely. But I don't consider it deep or vampy. (My favorite neutral deep classic red with creamy finish is ''Fishnet Stockings'' by Essie and I usually don't even like Essie's polishes)
Malaga Vine is too fun, cool and glossy to be consider vampy IMHO but I like it anyway, it's my spring/ summer red!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

I like this color a lot. On me, it is an almost vampy dark red even under bright lighting. I like that it is not so dark that it looks black. The color flatters my skintone (Asian, medium-light skin), making my skin look pale and flawless.
It has a very nice formula. Two coats are all that's necessary and streaking is never a problem. The only thing that I don't like is that it leaves my nails stained a bit orange after I take it off, as do all red polishes I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Liliaceae2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

That's a very nice, interesting nail polish. The finish is a creme with something jelly-like to it.
The color changes a lot according to the skin tone: against my very fair, cool toned skin (NC10/15), it looks like an amazing blood red, with only the really slightest hint of blue. However, on my mother, who had a tan and should be around a NW25 when she borrowed it from me, it looked more like a wine red, with lots of blue in it, more like what you see in the bottle, but still very pretty. As well as that, I had a "problem" which didn't happen to her:
While I can say "Malaga Wine"is one of the prettiest nail polishes I own, it has a small issue: it's only red in natural light. Indoors it very often turns into either a very dark maroon or a very, very dark plum color, which I think that looks somewhat dull.
The quality is great, though. Easy and pleasant to apply, easy to clean, 't stain my nails or bubble and doesn't chip very easily. It's damn shiny, too. 2 coats are enough to make it look good.
I would surely buy it again. It's my second favorite nail polish (right after Essie's Fishnet Stockings), and the only reason why it's not the very favorite is those huge changes in color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Anneexo

This is my all time favorite nail polish.
I absolutely adore the red colour which I have never seen exactly the same.
It is the exact colour as blood (can you say beautiful?), the brush is perfect-sized and the polish stays on for days :)
LOVE IT ♥