July 30, 2014 | 2099 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - MacIntosh Housewarmer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by thejemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since finding these candles in a garden centre by my town i couldnt help but fall in love with the gorgeous addictive smell, the beautiful jar it comes in is also very classy. When i light the candles i can smell the scent throughout the whole house they are definatly a must for any houseproud person.

Would be great as gifts, my only wish is i would have found them sooner!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a lovely, fresh scent! I've never been a fan of apple scented anything but now find that my tastes are changing as I get older. I really enjoy it now and have just bought two of the large jar candles. I am now officially ready for autumn! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I am burning this as I am writing this review, and I love this smell. It reminds me of a fall morning and it smells exactly like you would expect it to. It doesn't smell artificial or fake. I have used this for the past few years when guests come over and they always love the smell of my house. This is one of the few Yankee Candles that I have found that actually make my whole house smell. I will always repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I used to think Yankee was the best so I used to pay for their overpriced candles and it would be hit or miss with the fragrances. I then bought the tarts instead as a cheaper alternative to trying scents and that worked for a while but then somehow my tart use starting getting expensive. I was using half a tart a day, THAT ADDS UP! I am attached to MacIntosh Housewarmer it has become a fall/winter household staple for me. When my son and I are going back to school shopping I have to do mine as well and get macintosh for the house. I use this every year when he starts school. I have anxiety and somehow it calms me down ,while everything can be so overwhelming at this time. This is a FRESH basket of ripe red juicy apples scent or a just bitten into red ripe apple. This is not an artificial apple at all its so convincing someone might even ask you if you are baking an apple pie. It's perfect for the house for the new school year and my sons fresh start. I have since strayed from yankee for the most part but this is one of those scents that I did Not stray and burn faithfully EVERY year first day of September.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by jamieerice

Macintosh is one of my favorite scents from yankee candle. I also get the gels for my car.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yankee Candles MacIntosh candle (14.50 oz for $21.99 usd to 22.0 oz for $25 usd) is a crisp smelling of fresh red apples. MacIntosh smells just the real freshly picked red apples without the synthetic of a fake apple smell. It does spreads to the whole room once the wax have been lighted up. The largest jar of 22 oz will lasted me over a year with 2 times of using the candle for about 2 hours each time. The product comes in a beautiful classic jar which I find to be whimsical and pretty. If you planning to get the glass jar, goes for the 22 oz because you get about 8 oz more of product and pay about $3 usd more. If you want a fresh crisp red apple scent that is invigorating and relaxing, you might like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Candace8592

Although the price is pretty steep (as is all yankee products) I will buy this again. This smells exactly like fresh apples, a good scent to have for your home. There is nothing fake or perfumey about the scent. Just a fresh bitten into apple is all that comes to mind. It lasts a good while so its well worth the price. Check out the apple cider one for the fall as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by KelliaC

I have to say that Yankee Candles are very expensive, but this candle is worth every penny! I can't get enough of the scent, it's like having crisp apples everywhere in my home. Whenever I light it up, this wonderful subtle yet delicious apple scent travels through my apartment. It's so fresh, not overwhealming but just right. I bought this scent thanks to the reviews on MUA and I couldn't be any happier. I will always have this scent, which has now become a fave of mine!! Thank you MUA for this fabulous recommendation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by glitterygirly

This is my favorite candle scent of all time! I love apple scents and I have tried many variations and brands of apple scented candles and this is the best. It smells so fresh. I like that it does not have any cinnamon in it, which makes it a very clean scent that is nice to burn year round. I find that the apple candles with cinnamon or spice notes tend to be too much in the hot Florida summers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by MedusaCascade66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Such a heavenly scent (heaven scent? *groan*). I have this in the large Housewarmer jar and it scents the whole of my 3 bedroomed semi. I also love my large Housewarmer in MacIntosh Peach, plus MacIntosh in both the Hand Cream and Car Jars (also part of the Yanke Candle range. I love how diverse their ranges are - everything from candles to antibacterial hand gel!) Yup, I went a little bit mad for it *grin*. I close my eyes, take off the lid and inhale deeply - immediately I get a mental image of crisp, red Macintosh apples. It's gorgeous and I've bought 6 large HW jars (and 2 boxes of 6 tubes of the hand cream :-)) to make sure I don't run out. Long may they last (both the jars/cream/car jars/ hand gel) and the company!