December 21, 2014 | 1650 users online

Moisturizers - Elizabeth Arden - Velva Moisture Film

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

This is a very good, basic moisturizer that has been around 'forever'. I first tried it 33 years ago for my oily teen-aged skin. A girlfriend from Germany turned me on to it. I now occasionally come back to it (after stints with fancier moisturizers with bigger promises). Love the smell, love the fact that it soaks in quickly and doesn't aggravate my still-oily/combo skin. And it's still a bargain.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2006 6:00:00 AM More reviews by missglamourette

This is a fantastic product. It leaves my skin soooo silky. It's an oldy but a goody. It really great on my pimple prone skin. It doesn't make you break out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2006 12:12:00 AM More reviews by KCarter897

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely a great moisturizer for people with combination, normal, or oily skin. My skin feels so soft right away when I put it on, and it's under $40 for the whole bottle, and the bottle contains 6.7 oz. (most moisturizers are 1.7oz.). This is an old product that Elizabeth Arden keeps around only because there is a loyal following, and even though they offer newer products, nothing they have or anyone has is as good as this one is to me:) I use it every day even though I work for another cosmetic line;)ssshhhhhhhhhhh

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2006 9:33:00 AM More reviews by wrbtu

I used this product for many years, and then EA took it off the market! Couldn't understand that at all. Tried so many other products none of which were as good as this. At first, I would stop by the EA counter every time I needed to buy more moisturizer, hoping that it would come back. Then they had something with an SPF which I didn't like at all. Long story short, my sister asked me what the best moisturizer was that I had ever used, and I told her this story and told her that since I was going to the mall anyway that weekend, I'd check to see if it was available (knowing that it probably wouldn't be). Looked around the counter and of course did not see it, but thought why not ask for the heck of it, maybe if they hear it enough times, somebody would take notice and bring this product back. To my surprise, the clerk said yes they had it, but that they don't display it (once again a very strange marketing technique) - I asked to see it, and insisted on opening the box, to make sure that it was indeed the same product. Oh my gosh, to my disbelief and complete surprise, it was. It is worth the money. You need a small amount to give your skin a very comfortable, smooth feeling. Make up glides on, and does not run or clump. It lasts an entire day. It is slightly perfumed, but non irritating. I encourage everyone to try it even if you have dry to oily skin because it almost seems to adapt to your skin type.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2005 9:33:00 PM More reviews by megabit15

I keep going back to this product. I have combo skin, and this does not make me oily. It helps my foundation glide on and my skin is very soft. I never break out using this. Despite the price, I'd give it a 5 if it had SPF!

***6/2006 Update***
I just found out that this contains toxic and cancer causing ingredients...I suppose that is why they took it off the market. Lovely...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 7:48:00 AM More reviews by ddelerium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this belonged either to my grandmother or to my mother. Yeah, this stuff goes way back. But my skin was in some major need of moisturization at that time, it was just a mess. And so my mom told me to use this stuff and wow. Generally, I have combo skin, and I don't like to use heavy products. And when you pour this lotion out, it looks and feels thick. The first thing you think of is blackheads. But the stuff never made me break out, did a great job of moisturization and I never head problems with oil control on this. It is a basic product and definitely worth keeping around to run back to in case of an emergency.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2003 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Petals

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It is an old product therefore does not have SPF. Yet, it makes my skin absolutely smooth and soft. Plus, I love EA's old packaging (gold caps and all) and the smell of this lotion brings back some good memories. Soft, powdery and soothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2003 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Katydew

This is a simple, no frills skin cream that I've used for 20+ years. I don't use any other EA products, but discovered this at a friend's house when I was in my 20s, and before I even knew what fine lines were. EA discontinued this product a few years ago, and I've looked fruitlessly for something to replace it since then. A couple of months ago EA was having a great GWP special, and I stopped by the counter to see if there was anything that I might like. I sighed and told the MUA how disappointed I'd been when they discontined Velva Moisture Film, and she told me that they'd revived it. She said (take this for what it's worth) that so many women had asked for it, that they decided to distribute it again. Like I said, this is no frills, is fairly inexpensive, and just feels good on your skin.