April 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by alisat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through thee bottles of this eye makeup remover. I love this stuff! Compared to the eye makeup removers that I've used in the past which was the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover and the Avon eye makeup remover lotion I prefer the Rimmel one, The Neutrogena one was kind of too oily for my skin and the Avon felt too thick and greasy. Plus, compared to the Neutrogena one, it's cheaper too. With this Rimmel one it was inexpensive and it even removes my waterproof mascara which is definitely a plus. It is very gentle and does not irritate my eyes and it's not greasy/oily. Overall, it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

2nd bottle I've purchased and I really like how gentle it is. I usually get rashes from makeup removers but this one I haven't reacted to. Love that it's not oily and I don't have to work to remove my eye makeup. I simply hold a cotton pad to the eye area and with one swipe it's removed along with stubborn mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by NAK3Dpalette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Waterproof mascara is an absolute pain to remove, but not with this makeup remover! It is very gentle on my eyes, and almost all of my makeup is gone with one swipe. It also doesn't feel greasy at all, and doesn't sting my eyes or make them red. I have already gone through several bottles of this stuff, and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this eye makeup remover on and off for years. I used to be very happy with it, in spite of needing to use another product first to loosen waterproof mascara and heavy eye makeup. Lately I'm feeling that Rimmel is too harsh for me and is irritating my eyes, especially when I use it for several days in a row. I'm careful to rinse well and follow with a calming eye cream. I discovered Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover and really prefer it to the Rimmel now. Sometimes I still take a dab of Rimmel on a cotton round to get rid of any residue that the Neutrogena leaves. One job Rimmel does well is removing long wearing lip products. I wouldn't be in a big rush to repurchase but if there's a good sale I might pick up another bottle for this purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by snazzybear

Pros:
-Feels like water on your eyes
-removes all traces of eye makeup in a few swipes
-doesn't leave an oily residue
-doesn't sting
-leaves a clean, refreshing feeling after use (but it doesn't tingle or anything)
-ONE OF THE CHEAPEST, MOST EFFECTIVE REMOVERS OUT THERE

Cons:
-doesn't remove waterproof mascara... but then again only extra virgin olive oil removes my L'oreal voluminous waterproof mascara
-too much product comes out, wish they had something more ergonomic

Overall i really like this! It works very well

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

There were hardly any zombies at the Walmart cosmetics section (zombies because they just stood there, make the decision, pay & get out) & saw these cleanser, without hesitation I picked 4, they are Can$ 5 each. For a quickie, I use it to cleanse all over the face & neck & then splash some water to take the cleanser off, then moisturizer.
Definitely will seek out some more next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

This is my first eye makeup remover and first experience with Rimmel products. I bought it after seeing glowing reviews on several websites, and was not disappointed. It removed all my eye makeup (including waterproof mascara) in one swipe. Also, it is fairly reasonably priced at $4.50 for 4 oz., cheaper than comparable drug store brands.

For people who claim that this stings your eyes, maybe your skin was already irritated before. The first time I used it, it did sting my eyebrow area a little bit, but that was because my skin was very dry and flaky that day. The next day, I used moisturizer before applying eye makeup, and when I took my makeup off that night, I didn't experience any irritation at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Jendrea

I don't know why, but this is a really bad product for me. 3 minutes after using this my eyes start to turn red and it stings pretty bad. It removes the makeup well, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ysquaredd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple in my skincare routine, always has been and always will be. I'm not sure why it stings for certain people and it doesn't for others but this product has never made my eyes sting.

Not only is it oil-free, but it gets off heavy makeup very well. Yes, I may have to use 2-3 cotton rounds but to me, it's worth using extra because of how gentle the product is. I have tried various eye makeup remover products from drugstore to high end and hands down, Rimmel always wins for me.

The thing I appreciate the most about this product is that it actually IS oil-free. A lot of brands 'claim' it is oil free but often times, they feel thick and leaves oil residue on my eyes (if that makes any sense). I always describe this product to friends that it feels like cool water!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Purple822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

One of the best eye removers that I have tried.
So far, I've only purchased drugstore eye removers.
It doesn't leave an oily residue and gentle.