Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 12/14/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is good for getting everything off EXCEPT waterproof mascara. It takes a lot of work to get waterproof mascara off and in fact starts to irritate my eyes. I'm sure it would be good with washable though.

This is one of my favourite eye makeup removers. It feels just like water but breaks down all my eye makeup (and I wear a lot of it). It doesn't burn or sting and it doesn't leave an oily residue on my eyelids. It even removes remnants of built up lash glue as I wear false lashes daily. I'll always repurchase as it's cheap and works perfectly. The only downside to this is that it isn't really readily available where I live.

on 9/27/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This product is fairly unique in that it isn't a dual-phase remover and pretty much feels like water on the skin. I have sensitive eyes and this product does not irritate them at all. I find that it doesn't work as well when using a cotton pad as suggested on the bottle. I actually pour a bit onto a microfiber towel and hold it against my eye for a few seconds before wiping away. All of my eyeshadow comes off and another swipe ensures my eyeliner and mascara are gone. It's not magic, but it gets the job done.

My only gripe with this product is the packaging. It's very basic and I find it a bit hard to only pour out a small amount. However, for the price this isn't really a big deal. Definitely a winner.

on 9/16/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

You might as well be trying to remove you're makeup with just water. It really takes a long time and some serious scrubbing to get off you're eye makeup. I wear gel eyeliner and just regular mascara, not even water proof (which it claims to remove) and I have a hard time getting off my makeup. It obviously does get it off eventually just not as quickly as other removers that I've tried.

Bottom line: It was super cheap, only about $5, but for a couple dollars more I'd rather get one that actually works well. I think its safe to say I won't be repurchasing.

on 9/10/2014 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very oily skin and even oilier eyelids. Therefore, I make my eye makeup as budge proof as possible. If you're like me, then do not waste your money on this thing. I might as well have just splash water on my face, because it basically did just as much as for removing my waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner. I very rarely return products, despite occasional dissatisfactions, but I had to make an exception for this product. It was just that useless. If you're looking for a waterproof eye-makeup remover at the drugstore/Target, I would recommend Sonia Kashuk's over this one, hands down.

on 8/19/2014 10:04:00 PM

I bought this product about 2 months ago from Walmart because it was like $5 something and I'm going to have to say that I really dislike it. On the bottle it says that "removes waterproof mascara", I don't even use waterproof mascara and it really takes a while to take off my eye makeup. Oh! Gets even harder when I use gel eyeliner! I have to use like 2 cotton pads on 1 eye and rub it hard to take everything off and then my eyes hurt. It really sucks honestly just don't even bother. I would recommend buying the Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover.

on 7/26/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

If I did not get this on SALE I would RETURN it, not due to the price, but the principle...It states in large writing on the bottle it's good for WP... Not impressed to say the least. I'm in total agreement w/ the previous review-er..."Removes Water-Proof Mascara" -- MULARKEY / F*(&-ing Bull-S&**!! Luckily, it cost $4.99...Just used it now to try & remove my Great Lash Very Black WP mascara...it would NOT bloody well come off -- a teeny faint bit of grey (only) showed up on my cotton round WTF?! ARG!!...Oh well, back to spending $22 on Bourjois for a WP remover :( It is however ok at removing REG mascara but, don't get it in your eye, I did and it stung until I used sterile eye drops to get it out! Even for REG mascara I wouldn't re-purchase, I'll just go back to Neutrogena wipes or Almay pads.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product claimed that it "removes waterproof mascara". But it absolutely does not. I tried 5 times to get it to take off my waterproof mascara and all it did was burned my eyes. It left a disgusting fake plasticky feel on my skin after I attempted to use it to take off my mascara. Over all I HATED this product! I will never be buying this again!

on 5/11/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Can it be?? A non greasy eye make up remover that removes even my eye primer? Can it be that is not tested on animals and it is only 7.99 CDN and 4.00 on sale. I say this is the one. It goes on sale often so stock up ladies. Great gift to give friends in a little make up bag gift.

This is the only non greasy remover i have found that is also effective. I wear sephora waterproof eyeliner and l'oreal waterproof mascara, and this stuff takes it off without any struggle. I'm glad I tried it and will repurchase.