Aveeno Balancing Bar with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal for Combination Skin

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This bar of soap is pretty good at cleaning and exfoliating. The little grains make a good exfoliator and the soap itself foams up really well. I'm really not fond of the smell though... it does not remind me of oatmeal at all. I also broke out after awhile but I'm not sure if it's from this product or my moisturizer. I suggest this for ppl with combo skin.

on 10/12/2004 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Over the years i have gone alot of skincare poducts. This bar of soap is a miracle worker for me! It clears up my skin comepletely within a matter of days. I first used this when my sister had an allergic reaction to her chickpox vaccine and developed a mild case of it. My mom had bought this to calm the irritation. They never used it, so i used it desperation after my J&J clean and clear wash ran out. I reacently rediscovered it after my J&J stuff was drying out my skin to much, and i was starting to breakout after my period (really bad). Now i use this twice a day and i can pile on all the make-up i want and not worry about getting zits later on. Now I just have to find a moisturizer to compliment it.

on 1/30/2004 11:03:00 AM

This does "balance" your skin. Moisturizes the dry and zaps the oily. It did leave my dry areas a little dry and tight, so I have to apply moisturizer on those spots. I would stick with this one but it didn't do anything for my blackheads so I switched to the acne formulas. Great though, if you don't have acne prone skin!

Update: After using this for awhile I noticed my dry cheeks getting drier, flaky and more irritated.

Not really into this. Kind of irritates my skin & makes it itch

on 8/6/2003 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm using it right now to help with an allergic breakout I've had on my face (haven't been to dr. yet, I think I can manage) and it's been comforting with the oatmeal and all. Keeps the itchiness of the breakout at bay--as I said I don't think I need to see the dr. yet but will if necessary, but this helps make it tolerable. I'll use again.

on 5/14/2003 10:19:00 PM

this Bar does an Ok job..i really liked it at first, but I LOVE the clinique mild soap bar loads more!!...

on 5/10/2003 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have all my trust in Aveeno products, especially the ones that contain oatmeal. After using this bar, my skin feels clean, looks clean, and is soft to the touch. The downside is the scent of oatmeal, but I know there's a benefit to that. I got this on sale for $3.59 (Canadian)....not bad, can't complain. It is annoying that it's in bar form, and it can get a bit messy, but I only prefer it because I like to use this before I use my main cleanser. It's also not a little bar, its actually quite large, and will last for awhile. I'm definitely going to continue buying this product. Well, at least when I don't have my Burt's Bee's facial soaps.

on 3/2/2003 9:26:00 PM

Ok, I admit I HATE that this is a bar. It just grosses me out. That said, I LOVE IT. It is perfect for my combo sensitive skin. My occassional zits have subsided to that one week a month and my skin is so much softer. And this stuff is soooo inexpensive! I have tried Cetaphil, Purpose, Yonka, Murad and Neutrogena everthing..I'm sticking with this aveeno bar.**update**I might go back to this bar since it's winter time (I like the Aveeno's Clear Complexion Foaming clenser better for summer/spring), but it can clog the pores without proper exfoliation.

on 8/14/2002 3:01:00 AM

I have pretty decent skin, oily in the T-zone. I've used this for several months now, and am very pleased with it. I rub it on my face, and while it gets my face clean, it doesn't leave it parched. I really don't need moisturizer after using this. Definitely worth trying.

on 5/2/2002 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i've used the aveeno oatmeal bars in all 3 types. i personally think the one for dry skin is the best because the other's are too drying on the skin. i use the bar as a manual exfoliator. i was told by my dermatologist to rub the bar gentle over areas needing exfoliation. it seems to work for me. warning: as with any manual exfoliator don't rub too hard!!
**Update** I realized this is drying too :(