October 22, 2014 | 1125 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Tuscany Per Donna

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this fragrance. I used to wear it all the time in highschool and recently turned a friend on to it. Some say it is spicy some say sweet. I get a little tiny bit of both, all I know is thaT it is warm and comforting. It is a good all around fragrance for when you want to smell nice, a bit sensual but not too much. It is not offensive at all, at least on my chemistry. Not totally original or super-great but still good enough to have around for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by hontapocasgreen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this back in the 90's and remember it being such a sensuous fragrance.For a moment I thought this fragrance was discontinued or just MIA for some time. I guess limited distribution is a better term for it's infrequent availability. I finally bought a bottle for myself this year from Ulta. I do believe it's also available at the Estee Lauder counters in Dillards. It's also available to purchase on line from most high end department stores.

The notes for Tuscany Per Donna are as follows:

Top Notes: Rose, Muguet, Citrus, Mediterranean Herbs
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Carnation, Honeysuckle, Peony
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Vanilla

The sandalwood/amber/vanilla accord really blooms with my chemistry. I also get a little bit of the rose & jasmine. The sillage is decent, but as will EL fragrances, it can be a bit strong at first. It's lasting power is also decent (6 hours). It's somewhat like Guerlain Samsara, but only lighter & less jasmine. I used to wear Samsara as well, but Samsara was more feisty & even testy. If you applied too much, you risked getting the indolic notes. So far, I hadn't experienced this with Tuscany Per Donna.

I will say that this scent has gotten me many compliments from the men I work with this week.

Would I buy it again? Definitely. I just wish the executives at Estee Lauder would bring back the lotion for this & Cinnabar. IMO, they are focusing too much on their Pleasures and White Linen and Beautiful lines. I understand that those are their top sellers, but I feel it's because they are being pushed more than the other fragrances.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 10:04:00 AM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this scent off and on for years. My chemistry definitely loves these stronger oriental scents which turns some off. Fragrances don't normally last long on me, but Tuscany, the Burberry's, Aromatics, Opium, Hypnose, etc. actually smell amazing on me. They tend to dry down to a soft, expensive, and sophisticated scent on me, making people ask what I have on. Tuscany will always be a staple in my collection on the days when the weather is cooler and I want to smell spicy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Zinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tuscany per Donna was the very first perfume I owned, purchased when I began my belated, but life-long interest in fragrances.
As far as it being discontinued, I recently came across it at a local department store, and happily purchased it again after a number of years without it in my life.
True, it isn't prominently displayed with the other Estee Lauder fragrances, and I agree it doesn't have the marketing or following of more well known scents (I snagged the last bottle they had in stock, as it turns out).
However, this scent, after years of my seldom wearing it, is still the best, most flattering, most deeply yet delicately nuanced compliment I could ever hope to have.
And compliment me it does. :)
To set the record straight, Tuscany per Donna is now owned and marketed by Estee Lauder, but was released by Aramis back in 1992. It is neither a new scent, nor an original Estee Lauder scent as mentioned somewhere else.
And no, it isn't for everyone; chemistry and other issues factor into that. I was too young to appreciate it when I first wore it, but after coming back to it recently (thanks to a bottle I'd evidently saved and forgotten about, which is STILL as good, if not better, than I remember it being), I find I've finally become the woman who is worthy of its casual sophistication.
A class act all the way; presentation, bottle, and scent. Sometimes people think they're wearing a fragrance, when it's really the other way around. For me, it isn't even a question of my "wearing" anything. It's so much a part of me that people merely notice I smell good, "like me only better"......and that's the way it should be!
I've enjoyed and worn other scents as well, but this is THE one and only, and I realize it now.
Ciao, bella!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been sampling this here and there for months - this is one of my favorite EL fragrances so far, and the one that best suits me of the few that actually 'work' with my chemistry. The only problem is that it does not last very long at all on me - I'm talking minutes here - and that is the only reason that I would not buy it. Too bad because it is truly a lovely, sensual scent. Sugar and spice and sun on tanned skin. Smelling this makes me envision a suntanned Jackie O type woman dripping in gold, lounging poolside in a Pucci bikini enjoying a Bellini. UPDATE: This one goes slightly weird on me, on some days. Curses!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Kin22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been one of my favorite fragrances for a long time. I thought it had been discontinued, but I bought a bottle at Macy's not too long ago, and I've also seen it at Nordstrom's website. It's one of the few perfumes I can wear without it turning on me, and my hubby loves it. It's highly sensual & romantic, but be careful...it's strong, and you don't need much. I usually just spray it into the air and walk through the mist very quickly. It has incredible staying power, so use a light hand and you'll be fine. The bottle is nothing special, but some perfumes that have gorgeous bottles really smell like Raid on me, so it's really no big deal. All in all, this is one of my favorites for fall and winter wear. It's a bit much for spring and summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by labegude

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Owwweee horrid and a half! Thankfully, I just sprayed this on during a shopping trip. Unfortunately, I went to lunch after. The cloying smell is so nauseating I kept trying to wash it off with the condensation on the outside of my glass....and then, finally, with my napkin dipped in iced tea. By the end of the meal I wanted to chop my arm off at the elbow but ran to the restroom instead to scrub my arm like a surgeon. What has happened to Estee Lauder? The company used to make some nice smelling fragrances but the past few years they seem to have gone to stink city for their new perfumes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jehc1955

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've alternated between this and Chanel #5 for years and years. This is my husband's favorite, and I recently repurchased a bottle. The saleswoman said it has not been discontinued, but they do not get a lot of it in at a time. Hope she was right...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 3:37:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

This is a lovely traditional warm oriental type of fragrance. It has wonderful staying power also. I used it in the 90's for a couple of years. I recently smelled it again and I can see why it still has such a strong following. The name I believe just means Tuscany for Women. No big secret. The bottle is okay. I dont think Lauder is that famous for great bottle shapes really. They do however make so of the longest lasting scents around.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by rutgutpoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just smelly and I am very surprised so many people like this. I even hate the name of it. Tuscany Per Donna, what is that? It is very corpse like and dead meat smelling to me. Even garbage can stinky. hmm, I'll have to go smell it again, I must be confused, I thought this one was right down at the bottom of the EL scents. Smells like rotting garbage to me.