Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 1/5/2014 9:11:00 AM

It saves my face with mild, sensitive ingredients.

on 12/1/2013 8:53:00 PM

Nope, not a fan. The price was ridiculous for a cleanser that did not work. It was like putting a quarter sized glob on my face and thinking it was going to do something. I just didn't feel like it was actually cleaning my face. Save your money and use Cerave hydrating cleanser for 1/3 of the price. Both myself and my17 year old daughter are using it with great results.

on 10/14/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Recently I got a whole bunch of skincare samples allegedly being great for my dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. I also got a sample of this cleanser and after reading the ingredients list (which I always do prior to using any new product because of my sensitive Rosacean skin) I immediately tossed it. This so-called "ultra-calming" cleanser contains several potentially irritating & Rosacea-triggering fragrant plant extracts. Be careful if you have sensitive or Rosacean skin!

on 10/14/2013 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do chemical peels in my treatment room at the spa where I work; and this cleaner is the only product I use to neutralize the chemical peels. I love this cleanser. It is also the first product I use when I treat rosacea and other reactive skin. It is a lifesaver. Why I stopped using it at night on my own skin remains a mystery. I love this stuff. The salon size is pricey, and at the end of the bottle the pump doesn't reach; but the contents in the package rock!!!

on 8/8/2013 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My search for the perfect cleanser ends here. I have normal to dry skin, mostly dry if I'm not careful with which products I use. I have experimented with many different products to find the correct cleanser, toner, exfoliant and moisturiser that suits my skin. I also don't believe all products need to be from the same skincare line. I found all my HG products EXCEPT a good cleanser. Finding the right balance of something that cleans your face but is not stripping is difficult. Gel cleansers usually clean very well but leave my skin VERY dry! Always need to follow with tons of moisturiser! Cream cleansers can leave residue or feel oily or just doesn't clean properly!

Enter this little baby! Its consistency is somewhere between a gel and cream. It feels silky smooth and glides on the skin. Feels very luxurious and is a treat to use. It does not lather but still is very spreadable and therefore a lot of product is not needed. It cleans very well and moisturises. Great for winter and summer. Not sure how this would remove makeup on its own because I use precleanse before hand to dissolve makeup and I'm very happy with that combination.

My only criticism is the packaging. The hard plastic makes it difficult to squeeze at times but the bigger bottle (more expensive) has a pump dispenser which I think is perfect. Smaller bottle should come with one too! Despite this, I will buy again!

on 6/2/2013 9:42:00 PM

Not a bad product for dry and sensitive skin. It doesn't lather up, but you don't need to use very much either and my face doesn't feel tight after use. Has worked quite well on my dry, sensitive skin now we are in winter and which tends to flake and it seems to have cleared it up in less than a week. Not a product that I would use in the summer though as I think it would make my face feel oily. Would repurchase again, even though it is on the pricey side.

Hmm.. it's really sad to read the negative reviews on this product... but I for one, just LOVE it. Suffering from mild rosacea for quite a while now..and then I met Dermalogica :)
I did nt even KNOW there was a KIT for our kinds out there...
The cleanser is just superb. Trust me... I have the MOST sensitive skin there could be...and I was very hesitant to try this product.... but it's worth it guys... it really really is!
No breakouts... no more redness.... and it's just.... AMAZING.
Give it a try... even you non-red guys out there.. :)

on 5/5/2013 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I didn't like this at all! It doesn't even clean your skin. Not only does it not remove makeup, but it also doesn't take the oil/dirt/daily grime off your skin. I'll pass thanks.

on 3/20/2013 4:54:00 PM

So I was in Birminghams Selfridges and decided to take a look at the dermalogica counter. A salesman approached me and asked if id like the face mapping service which I agreed to. We identified mu problems on paper then he put these rather scientific/comical head piece on with glasses attached witha special light shining on my face he said loads of letters and numbers and put them down on paper and told me this cleanser suited my skin. I tried it and its the best cleanser yet! Really suits my skin and the cleanest my skin has been.. EVER. I say its bot expensive as my friend owns a salon and gets dermalogica at cost price so I am very lucky to get it so cheap :)

on 2/4/2013 9:51:00 AM

My all-time FAVOURITE cleanser!
I have suffered from itchiness, dryness, redness and overall skin sensitivity on my face, particularly my forehead with red blotchy itchy patches for a few years now. I had used many cleansers, some including AVON, L'oreal, Simple, and Sukin to name a few. Simple wasn't too bad, but still didn't give me the huge improvement I needed. I was seriously depressed over the state of my skin and what with my 30th birthday approaching, well, it was all bad! For my birthday, I was given the Ultra Calming range to try out and this cleanser did WONDERS for my skin!! I am not exaggerating. Within 2 - 3 days, my skin was no longer itchy, dry, or flaky, and the redness just started to ease away until now when I no longer have it, unless I go out into the sun and get burnt or eat something super spicy! :-) I truly love this product and can't recommend it more highly to anyone who is desperate to see a change in their skin condition.
I don't use this product as a makeup remover, it's not really designed for that. Remove your makeup first with whatever product you use, but to gently and soothingly CLEANSE your skin, use this. I always follow through with the Ultra Calming Mist and then the Barrier Repair, which I really feel when used in conjunction with the cleanser does wonders. At least it does for me.

Note: I am currently trialling the sensitive skin care range by Aussie model Miranda Kerr, KORA Organics, (as I was also given this as a gift!) and they seem to be quite good, but I'm finding that a little redness is starting to reappear and I don't think or feel that it's quite as good as Dermalogica. When I've run out of the KORA, I will be purchasing full-sized products from the Ultra Calming range, specifically the cleanser, as in my opinion it's truly the best out there. A+!!!