October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Ultra Calming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by starlite42001

Hmm.. it's really sad to read the negative reviews on this product... but I for one, just LOVE it. Suffering from mild rosacea for quite a while now..and then I met Dermalogica :)
I did nt even KNOW there was a KIT for our kinds out there...
The cleanser is just superb. Trust me... I have the MOST sensitive skin there could be...and I was very hesitant to try this product.... but it's worth it guys... it really really is!
No breakouts... no more redness.... and it's just.... AMAZING.
Give it a try... even you non-red guys out there.. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at all! It doesn't even clean your skin. Not only does it not remove makeup, but it also doesn't take the oil/dirt/daily grime off your skin. I'll pass thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

So I was in Birminghams Selfridges and decided to take a look at the dermalogica counter. A salesman approached me and asked if id like the face mapping service which I agreed to. We identified mu problems on paper then he put these rather scientific/comical head piece on with glasses attached witha special light shining on my face he said loads of letters and numbers and put them down on paper and told me this cleanser suited my skin. I tried it and its the best cleanser yet! Really suits my skin and the cleanest my skin has been.. EVER. I say its bot expensive as my friend owns a salon and gets dermalogica at cost price so I am very lucky to get it so cheap :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by bonnyanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My all-time FAVOURITE cleanser!
I have suffered from itchiness, dryness, redness and overall skin sensitivity on my face, particularly my forehead with red blotchy itchy patches for a few years now. I had used many cleansers, some including AVON, L'oreal, Simple, and Sukin to name a few. Simple wasn't too bad, but still didn't give me the huge improvement I needed. I was seriously depressed over the state of my skin and what with my 30th birthday approaching, well, it was all bad! For my birthday, I was given the Ultra Calming range to try out and this cleanser did WONDERS for my skin!! I am not exaggerating. Within 2 - 3 days, my skin was no longer itchy, dry, or flaky, and the redness just started to ease away until now when I no longer have it, unless I go out into the sun and get burnt or eat something super spicy! :-) I truly love this product and can't recommend it more highly to anyone who is desperate to see a change in their skin condition.
I don't use this product as a makeup remover, it's not really designed for that. Remove your makeup first with whatever product you use, but to gently and soothingly CLEANSE your skin, use this. I always follow through with the Ultra Calming Mist and then the Barrier Repair, which I really feel when used in conjunction with the cleanser does wonders. At least it does for me.

Note: I am currently trialling the sensitive skin care range by Aussie model Miranda Kerr, KORA Organics, (as I was also given this as a gift!) and they seem to be quite good, but I'm finding that a little redness is starting to reappear and I don't think or feel that it's quite as good as Dermalogica. When I've run out of the KORA, I will be purchasing full-sized products from the Ultra Calming range, specifically the cleanser, as in my opinion it's truly the best out there. A+!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett2

I like the smell of this product, but it does not clean ones face, so its not really a cleanser. You need to use a product prior to this to get all your make up off... I would not recommend it. It is for sensitive skin and you can tell its very calming and not harsh, but it does not clean the skin so defeats the purpose of the product - in my opinion. The special cleansing gel is much better, it foams up and removes dirt and make up.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin: combination-dry, prone to clogged pores and blackheads, some fine lines when too dry. ---- I didn't like this cleanser for my skin. I thought I would like the convenience of being able to simply wipe it off but the residue that was left clogged my pores and left my skin surface looking uneven. My skin responds so much better to the AGE Smart routine (I'm only 25 with no visible signs of aging). This caused my skin to get drier and seemingly more irritated over time. The age smart system evened out my skin tone so well and adding this to the mix made it uneven again both in texture and tone. Will be removing this from my routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I didnt like this cleanser at all, I find it hard finding a good cleanser that it good for my face, but this left the most disgusting residue on my face after i washed it off.I tried washing the residue off but it stayed there and my skin felt gross all day, this cleanser didn't even help clear my skin, it just gave me more spots, I was seriously unimpressed with this cleanser, it was 26 as well!!! But can i just say, it worked pretty well as a makeup remover, so i thought i should give it 2 lippies. But never again will I buy this cleanser

Ps: yeah I know I'm the only one that's hated this cleanser!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ciaraMUA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. Not only does it remove all my make up but it also leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. It doesn't sting when I use it to take off my eye make up and I find it last a long time. It works well with my combination skin and doesn't leave it oily or feeling stripped.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Elle_B

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive, reactive skin, as well as rosacea. I've been using this cleanser for a few days now and have a red blotch on the center of each cheek (think: Pikachu) -- BUT KEEP READING -- this is a huge, huge improvement from the all-over redness I've been living with for the past 10 years or so. No redness on my forehead and chin (except the broken capillaries from the rosacea).

I've tried a lot of redness reducing products over the years, some better than others, but I really like this cleanser. It's non-lathering and can be rinsed or tissued off (I rinse because I try not to "handle" may face much, but it's nice to know tissuing off is an options if I'm somewhere with questionable water quality).

I personally find that it is quite effective in removing my makeup, including mascara. Because it does not leave my skin feeling 'tight,' at first I wasn't convinced that it was removing all the dirt and make up. A couple of swipes with my Paula's Choice alcohol-free toner on a cotton ball proved otherwise.

This product is quite pricy (approx. $34 for 8.4 oz and $51 for 16.9 oz) but a little bit goes a long way. I'll be purchasing the full size soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ohkrasavica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is not for removing makeup, remember that!
First I use Bioderma Crealine for my eyes to take away heavy makeup, then just a "cheaper" lotion makeup remover to remove the foundation, then I take a gel wash, something to use with water and really massage it into my skin then i wash that of AND THEN AT LAST I USE THIS.
I have it on right now, and I mostly use this as a mask! My skin has never been this glowy and healthy-looking! Keeps pimples away also. Take away with a cloth or just lukewarm water but i never wash it off completely, if i feel a bit like a little is left i leave in on and just take my moisturizer. This has helped my redness like craaazzyyy. So really let the product work its magic, since its for sensitive its obvious it doesnt contain any harsh ingredients duuuh... if u want that then try something with salicylic acid. this works deeep into ur skin if u leave it on for longer! GIVE THE PRODUCT A CHANCE!!!