Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

3.9

on 5/18/2011 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the only eye makeup remover that I have ever had success with. I have only tried a few (Bliss, Clinique) but I didn't care to test out a million eyemake up removers when I knew the Shiseido one worked well. It is an oil based remover, feels moisturizing after it takes off my eyemake up, is very gentle and doesn't burn the eye area. The price is fair for a higher end makeup remover, $26, and a little bit goes a long way. I don't use it every night because I don't always wear heavy eye makeup so my cleanser often times takes most of it off.. but I have had this same bottle for about 6 months and I still have about 80% of the product left.

on 3/8/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I mostly use this remover to take off my stubborn Japanese mascara and it's usually able to melt off all my eye-makeup in a few seconds. It doesn't irritate my eyes, affect my contacts, nor blur my vision. I've gotten several 1 oz samples and am sad to see how quickly it goes with everyday use. I don't know how I'd feel about buying it retail and using it up so quickly.

on 9/8/2010 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first, I really like this makeup remover, it removes my waterproof mascaras without irritating my contact-user eyes. But after two weeks of continue use, I notice that my skin around eye area become really dry and fragile :( Before this, I was a long term devotee to Lancome's Bi-ficil, it never dries up my eye area like this remover did. Since I really like my other Shiseido skincare products so I gave this a try. Now I only use Bi-ficil and will never go back to shiseido, unless they come up with a new formula.

on 6/3/2010 10:50:00 PM

This is pretty awesome. I have repurchased this a few times now, it's so good. It's gentle and effective.

on 6/2/2010 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite eye makeup remover. It removes every type of mascara and eyeliner easily and it's not so oil as the Lamcôme's one. Also, the packaging permits you to drop the product, so it's very hygienic and economical.

on 5/30/2010 1:31:00 AM

This is the first eye makeup remover I ever used that didn't burn my eyes out. In fact, my eyes had been burning for the last 24 hours. I applied a drop or two with the Shiseido cotton pad (see my review) and the burning stopped immediately and never came back. I did not have mascara on, so I will add more later when I give it a full trial. I am really relieved to have found this and can't believe it didn't hurt or leave that burning oil on me. Wow.

on 1/9/2010 1:54:00 PM

I love this product. I only need a few drops on a cotton wipe and it removes my concealer, primer, eyeshadow, liner and mascara quickly and effectively. The only, small downside is that I do find my lids are a little oily after usage, but I do not find it causes my lids to stay oily. I also use a drop of this on a Q-tip if I've made a small mistake while applying my eye makeup, and it works great!

Would definitely recommend this, and I will be purchasing it again!

on 1/3/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE. just love. Bought this because Sephora was out of my favorite remover (Korres Jasmine Eye makeup remover) and was quite pleased.
It's non-greasy, doesn't sting, a little goes a long way, and it easily removes my waterproof mascara.
I like the packaging, you can get just enough out, and it doesn't spill easily if you knock it over. It doesn't irritate my eyes, I can easily apply it to a q-tip to clean up messy eye application. It leaves a little powdery feeling, but that doesn't bother me, it's a silky fine layer and seems moisturizing.

on 12/12/2009 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I used up a whole bottle of Lancome's Bi-Facil Double Action eye makeup remover before I tried this. I admit I was a bit skeptical when I bought this thinking this wouldn't compare to the Bi-Facil, but I have to say, this is way more gentle and Bi-Facil is already really gentle. It does have a mild scent but it's pleasant and not overpowering. It is more on the pricier side, but it's worth it for the quality, plus they do give a pretty big bottle. Not instant love, but still learning to love it.

I really like this and I usually use Lancome waterproof remover. It's not greasy if you use a little but it can be if you use too much! Does a good job...$29 CDN so it's a better price than Lancome. I like the bottle too...would recommend.