November 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a brush to pack on color on the lids, this is the best brush for that. I've had this brush for about 5 years and it's still going strong. It never sheds or loses its shape and it applies intense color directly on the lids without you having to go back into your eyeshadow pot for more color. This brush is well worth the price along with the 217.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This necessary brush (and the necessary blending brush #217) is about $70CAD total -ridiculous but sooooooooooooo well worth the investment. Ok yeah, if I lose them, my wallet would cry because I definitely NEED this pair in my drawer. Always!

(my salary is really low, so I have only one pair and wash them daily)

The #239 brush is amazing for compact eyeshadows. Most of my eyeshadows are compact anyways. It's not so good with loose powder, but if you're careful (and if you're broke like me lol) this will do.

The hairs are short and dense, but also quite soft to touch and stiff enough to pick up eyeshadows. You have total control with this brush -you decide how much shadow goes on the brush, you decide how light/dark you want to apply your makeup, you decide where the colour is going.

NOTE: It cannot blend. That is why you'll need her sister, the #217, especially if you start playing with smokey eyes or rainbows!

P.S. totally unrelated but, can I just share this story? I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and asked if Quo (Shoppers brand) has a similar brush to #239. She looked at me (bitchy look btw) and said, "I don't know that brush. I don't know what you're talking about." Kidding me, right? I expect her to know this popular brush if she's called "Beauty Expert." I'm sorry but yes, that's my expectation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I feel like the only thing this is truly good for is packing on color. It is natural hair and I use it for my pigments. It washes well, but don't think you can use it in many ways. I've had it for over a year and a half and no shedding, ferrule is still intact and I use it almost daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplover1110

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think it's a good eyeshadow brush. Better than drugstore ones: definatly the best high end brush out there: I don't think so. It packs a lot of color, it's a nice brush, it's MAC. No complaints but I don't think it's extrodinary.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

It holds to much of my product! Waste of money. Generic brushes work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC 239 is not the softest brush in the world, but it's definitely one of the most efficient ones. It's well designed, packs up a lot of colour and delivers eyeshadows on the lids evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by 21bedofroses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Does a great job packing on color. Very versatile-can also highlight browbone, do crease, highlight tear duct. Very durable, I think will last for a long time without having to repurchase unless u want extra brush. Good looking, typical mac brush. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by beautifulXtina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love how well this brush applies color to lids. Picks up and packs on color and pigments. I highly recommend picking out your MAC brushes in a store and not online. I recieved two of these in a row broken/loose. Maybe was bad luck considering this brush has good ratings? Fortunately my broken brush was replaced twice... :/ Still, I love the brush...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A very good basic brush for applying eye shadows packing them on. It works best with pressed or loose powder eye shadows. Can be used for applying creams also. It's best to have a few of these as you can't really use the same brush in case you are applying contrasting colors.
Never experienced shedding. Will last you a long time, so it is a good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

The 239 is a great blush. I use it to apply eyeshadow to the lid like most people. MAC brushes are my favorite because they fit the proportion of my face pretty well. This brush is good for both loose and press eyeshadows. The down side is that white bristles tend to stain. The MAC brush cleanser is pretty good at getting most colors out of the brush.