October 23, 2014 | 1859 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Creamy Candy Bubble Bar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This bubble bar works really well. Just half a bar is enough to cover the surface of the water with huge mountains of bubbles (probably less would work just as well for smaller baths/softer water). Crumble up the bar while the bath is still shallow, they seem to work better this way. A teeny slice off the bar can be used on your loofa in the shower too (both of these tips I found on MUA and I've used them a couple of times with different bubble bars with excellent results). Creamy Candy is a scent I would normally avoid. Rockstar, Snow Fairy and sugary scents don't appeal to me at all, so I'm not sure why I like this one so much. It smells a bit like bubblegum, vanilla, sugar and weirdly almost banana-ish. It didn't really scent my skin when I bathed in it, but using it in the shower did a little. That's ok though, because I prefer to smell this around me rather than on me (but keep it in mind if you DO want to smell liks this, because it doesn't stay on the skin very well). However, if you leave the bar between your sheets one day, they'll smell like Creamy Candy for days. This bubble bar didn't dry my skin out either. I'll buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

The smell of rock star, in a bubble bar! Now lush needs to bring out a shampoo and conditioner in the same scent and they can guarantee my custom forever! ;D

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by FayeBbz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Alright smell, nothing special. I used about half of it and had no bubbles. Smell doesn't linger on your skin either. You could smell it in my bathroom for hours after, but that's not what I wanted. So disappointed as this was my first Bubble Bar from Lush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jod84

this really does smell of candy.........it's lovely and sweet turns the bath water pink with lots of white bubbles. after a hard stressful day i love to pop this in my bath then put my fav mud mask on and chill out. i never need to use my body butter after bathing in creamy candy bar as my skin is so smooth and soft after i just love it and the sweet smell stays in your bath room for hours :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The best bubble-maker ever!!! It looks so cute like a candy, smells like a candy-so sweet and intensive(but not too intensive) leaves sweet scent in bathroom after bath and it makes just a lot of bubbles, but creamy and long lasting bubbles which is gorgeous! Im totally in love with this one and it leaves skin nicely smooth...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by NikiJJ

I keep buying this one over and over....it's probably my favorite bubble bar. It makes a very moisturizing pink bath that smells amazing....sweet but not sickly sweet. I usually use this along with the think pink bath bomb and the scent does linger and usually only use 1/3 of the bar. Even better use is to shave/slice a little off and use it on your shower poof...very moisturizing soft bubbles, crazy lather! BC i do find the Lush shower gels to be a little drying I like to mix in the bubble bars to add moisture and doesnt hurt that it smells great. I like to use this one mixed with WHOOSH shower jelly....Im not really a citrus girl but I love the way they smell together like sweet lemon sugary goodness. Also since you only need a little sliver to make alot of lather ....one bubble bar will last you a really long time using it this way. Please try it ....you'll love it! I do this with all my bubble bars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think what kills the bubbles when using this bar is that inside it are little chunks of cocoa butter. The bubbles only last like a few minutes and as other reviewers have mentioned the water is left with just an oily film and stubborn soap scum all around your tub. Still the fragrance is beautiful and leaves your skin smelling great. Just wish LUSH would have left out the cocoa butter cause it really reduces the amount of bubbles you get.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This bubble bar is okay, but not great. I crumbled half a bar into the bath and it made a good amount of bubbles, but they didn't last very long (we're talking mere minutes) and pretty soon I was left in bubbleless bath water, colored an unappealing dirty grey from the bubble bar. It did smell nice, like creamy vanilla candy, and the bubbles were great while they lasted, but they needed to last longer. Won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know if I got a bad batch or an old one, but my Creamy Candy bubble bar fell completely flat.
It was so rock hard I couldn't even crumble it, I had to hold the whole bar under running water to try and soften it. A little bit of bubbles came from that, and after about two or three minutes I tried crumbling it. It was still pretty hard, but I managed to make a paste in my hands to put back under the water.
The amount of bubbles I got from the whole bar was about a 1/4th or 1/5th the amount I would have gotten from half of a Dorothy (or any other 100g bubble bar), it was extremely disappointing.
There was a thin layer of bubbles on top of murky grey-white water and the smell wasn't very strong either.
I thought Lush sold products within four months of being made, so I'm not sure why mine was so horrible. I will probably buy one again just to have an ease of mind, but right now I'm so disappointed I don't think I will for quite some time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by mmmagique

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this last night for baths for my two girls (ten and twelve)

The bb itself is very cute. It makes tons of bubbles, and the entire house (both floors) smelled lovely.

The girls thought it smelled like Dr. Pepper, and I have to say, they were kinda right. I liked it, and would like to try it for myself sometime. Just like Pop in the Bath, it would make a nice addition to a Lush gift, if you were going to make one up, just for the cuteness factor alone.

I got two uses out of it, but could probably get three.