September 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Moon Beam

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I got this from my grandmother because she had been using it to give her a healthier looking complexion. It did nothing on my cheeks. Like many have mentioned, it does not show up and really, it only leaves a slight shimmer effect. Not really worth the money. On a side note, it does look nice when placed just under the brow bone, so it is not a totally useless product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the same thing as High Beam but its an apricot shade. Where High Beam gives a pinkish white highlight, this gives a more peachy opalescent tone. I think this doesn't show up as much on my skin compared to High Beam, maybe because its closer to my skin tone. It's very subtle. It's best applied with your fingers because the brush doesn't blend it well. I use it on top of my foundation, not underneath as the instructions say, because putting it underneath just seems to make it disappear. I dislike the package because its like a nail polish bottle, and the redipping of the brush seems unhygienic to me. I'll use up my bottle because I like the subtle effect but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Moon Beam! I use it very sparingly, but it makes me look awake and is generally all-around flattering. I use it on the inside corners of my eyes, on my brow bone, on my cupid's bow, and occasionally on my cheek bones.

What I like about Moon Beam (in contrast to the Nars Illuminators, for instance) is that there is no shimmer. It really is a subtle, yet noticeable and highly flattering, slash of light. I am very pale (NW15-ish) with dark hair, and this basically blends into my skin perfectly.

I wish this came in a smaller bottle, though. It took me a year to go through a sample sized bottle. I do really like the product, though, so I ended up buying a heavily discounted kit from Sephora because it was cheaper than a full bottle, and I couldn't imagine how long it would take me to empty the full size!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

1) This is a very subtle glow with an almost pink tint.

2) It's very pretty but not a shimmer glow like most highlighters.

3) Disrupts foundation underneath, even when I barely pat it on top of my foundation and blush, there are blotches left.

4) Works well when mixed with foundation. One or two drops of this with two drops of foundation in my hand looked very pretty

5) If I skip foundation and wear this alone, it looks like I've had a facial, but I like wearing foundation so I can't justify repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by rzirkle410

This product is beautiful, but it can be a bit tricky to use. If it's not applied in the perfect location and blended perfectly, it looks juvenile. It's a great product and provides a light, dewy look, it's just a tad tricky.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Rosathemua

This is exactly the same as High Beam BUT it looks better ont hose of us who have warm skintones or yellow to olive undertones. I first bought High Beam and fell in love with it. I decided to try moon beam as well and im so glad i did because this looks so much better on me. It blends into my skin and it looks so natural and effortless. This product comes in a liquid formula and the texture is super smooth, it blends into your skin quickly and easily. I suggest using your fingers to blend it in, make sure to dab it on your cheekbones, cupids bow, on the brow bone and on the center of your nose for that contoured look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by a81shivani

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Has been a staple in my makeup case for years. I put it on the apples of my cheeks when I go out and it gives a beautiful dewy glow. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by woodelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite highlighters. I like how it just gives a glow rather than a glittery sparkle. Also I love that it's a liquid rather than a powder, it just makes my skin glow really subtly. I like to buy the sample sizes from ebay because it's much cheaper and they still last a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, I've had Moon Beam for about 2 years now. When I first purchased it I tried it out several times with different application methods to see what worked best on my skin. Nothing worked. No matter how I applied (under foundation, over foundation, even alone!) it did nothing for me. It barely showed up on me (NW20 for reference), and if I applied a large amount it looked weird and streaky. So, I put it away for a while and recently picked it back up to try out again. It still sucks. I tossed it in the trash this morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Ardybobardy

The product is okay, it is very subtle on my skin perhaps I should try Highbeam. For the price I can find much better products with longer lasting wear. It's just okay.