December 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Paula's Choice - Gentle Touch Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This makeup remover left my dry and sensitive skin feeling a little dry and irritated. Also, it didn't seem to remove makeup well or quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This did not remove all my eye makeup. I do not wear waterproof mascara and this still didn't get it all off. I tried Mary Kay's version years ago and I have yet to find anything that compares to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I saw that this was a bi-phase remover, I thought, "I'm going to hate this." However, I love it. It does the job without leaving any residue. And because I use Boot's Extra Facecloths for cleaning, I need a make-up remover that doesn't require it's own cleanser. My only complaint - like the other writers - is that the bottle is too small for the price. It lasts me about six weeks when I use it on a daily basis. I find that true with the Paula's Choice products that I like: small amount for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Nolly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I do like this product; it's better than any other biphase remover I've used; I do have a couple complaints. First, the price. It is one of the more pricier items for the amount you get. The bottle is small and doesn't last long; you have to soak the cotton pad with the remover. Secondly, you do have to wipe a bit to remove all of the mascara (especially the lower lashline) I try to minimize this by holding the soaked pad on my eye for a about 30 seconds before wiping but I still find that I have to rub too much for my liking. I will repurchase as I haven't found anything better. IMO, the remover was MUCH better before the reformulation and I wish they'd bring it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ladyofpaint

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makeup remover is wonderful. Though a bit over-priced, it works very, very well. You don't have to use a heavy hand when removing eyelid makeup. It almost melts it away. A definite keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This "bi-level/shake-it-before-you-use-it" eye makeup remover is similar in concept to Lancome's Bi-Facil, Clinique's Take the Day Off, and also Neutrogena's Oil-Free versions, but this works even better for me. Lancome's was my previous HG, but at almost 1/2 the price for roughly the same amount, PC's Gentle Touch is my new go-to eye m/u remover. Additionally, Bi-Facil felt a tad greasier on the lids afterwards, though nothing terrible--more in a "I just put on an eye cream" way. I realize w/ PC's stuff, you have to factor in shipping, but I usually stock up during sales or free-shipping promotions, so I'm fine w/ that. Anyway, this dissolves and removes all eye m/u very easily w/o irritating my sensitive eyes, blurring my visions or leaving a greasy residue (A side note before I forget: the skin around my eyes is REALLY dry, so I generally don't have problems w/ a greasy feeling). To use: shake the bottle well, get a bit on a cotton pad, hold in place over your closed eye for a few seconds or more, then very gently swipe the residue off. No need to scrub mascara or liner off or to tug at your eye area. Personally, most of my eye makeup just comes off from holding it over my eye, so the wiping part is very minimal. Also, in case you're curious, Clinique's TTDO remover required a little more elbow grease to get everything off and Neutrogena's Oil-Free did very little in the removal department, plus it made my eyes sting and burn.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Paula's Choice routinely improves product formulas without changing the name. This Makeup Remover apparently got reformulated during the last few years and the current incarnation is excellent. It has great cleansing power, leaves a minimal residue, and the cherry almond smell (due to Benzyl Alcohol) is gone, too.
Now it is a pleasure to use.

OLD REVIEW (2009): I am sorry to give a Paula's Choice a low rating, but I hated this eye makeup remover. Granted I am not a fan of bi-phase eye makeup removers. but Paula's description of it made me think that I might like it. Also, there are much better bi-phase products out there (e.g. Neutrogena). What bothered me most with this product was the oily residue and the artificial chery-almond smell - no fragrance, but contains Benzyl Alcohol as a preservative. I have thrown out an almost full bottle, and won't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this m/u remover to be ok. The directions state it can be used before or after cleansing. When I use it before cleansing it did a great job of removing eye m/u and I followed up with my usual cleanser. If I use this after cleansing without rinsing to remove left over m/u residue it leaves a greasy slippery texture on my face and I find within 5 - 10 minutes my face burns. I have used far better m/u removers therefore I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product completely removes all traces of EVERYTHING I plaster on my face (I use all long-wearing products, some of which are very challenging to remove). I was an avid fan of this product until I recently got my new bottle, and it broke me out in massive hives. I checked the ingredients, and none of them seemed to have changed. I don't know what's up, but, it's now replaced by Clinique's Take the Day Off--which leaves my face equally soft, clean, and is equal in price and quality.
I give it a 4, because I know it's an effective, good-quality produce. I wouldn't repurchase because of an obvious allergy-issue. BTY, my samples don't break me out, only, the bottle. Huh!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by crystal01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this makeup remover! It's silicone based so it takes it all of with out feeling geasy yet it's kinda moisturizing. Also removes waterproof mascara and it's color and fragrance free.