Bath and Body Works Shower Gels

3.9

on 3/26/2009 11:49:00 PM

I have always preferred these over the CBW, I like the packaging and scents better than the body washes. I worked at BBW for about a year and stocked up on soooo many body washes cause they are AMAZING, especially the new formula! Very very moisturizing and great lather. My favorites are: All 3 cherry blossoms, enchanted orchid, and sensual amber.

on 8/30/2008 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have had these in a variety of scents over the years. I like to use them once in awhile but they tend to be a bit drying to my skin. I tend to prefer the creamy body wash to the shower gels. My HG body wash is Doctor Bronner's, which lathers with a rich creamy lather and smells amazing....I just wish Bath and Body Works would make a formula that is less stripping to skin. I will buy on sales but will not use on a regular basis.

on 3/23/2008 2:47:00 PM

Smells good, lathers well. Kind of expensive, but it does last a while. Not very moisturizing. Smell doesn't linger on skin. I will buy again if I get a gift certficate to BBW or if they are having a terrific sale (got the shower gel for $2.75). But I don't think it's worth the full retail price.

I have to admit that these smell really good, but...it made me break out horribly! They dried out my skin too. I realized that this was making my bacne and chest acne so much worse, and worst of all (don't read if you're squeamish):
I broke out on the back of my upper leg, not small zits, enormous pustules, with a black dot in the middle, and when I squeezed it, SO much white pus came out! I was so disgusted!!! >_<
I'm never using these again in my life!
As soon as I stopped using this, my skin went back to normal.
It's also ridiculously expensive for such a small amount of product.
Horrible, just completely horrible!

on 1/22/2008 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These are the only shower gels I will ever use, paired with the matching scent in the body lotions. The combination is perfect. I always get complements on how soft my skin is and I just feel comfortable in my skin all day. I don't like the oerfumy scents, but prefer the clean, fresh scents......freesia, irresistible apple, cool citrus basil, sea island cotton, etc.....

on 1/18/2008 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

love the shower gels in irresistable apple, brown sugar fig, juniper breeze, pink grapefruit, pearberry, and mango mandarin. lather well, get me clean, and smell so fresh all day long. i only buy during semi-annual, when they are $5 or less. a bottle lasts so long!

on 8/21/2007 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I only buy these once in awhile, usually during the annual sale. The reason being is that they tend to dry out my skin, so I onky use these in summer, which coincidentally? is when the annual sale is! imagine that! Although I love most of the scents I've tried (Pink Grapefruit and Enchanting Orchid being the current favs). for winter I use their creamy body washes. Usually I have to use body oil or body butter after my shower when I've used one of these gels, but bonus is that they have plenty of matching lotions, which is how they get you, haha :)

on 8/21/2007 12:18:00 PM

They smell great! My faves are Mandarin Mango, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Japanese Cherry Blossom and Warm Vanilla Sugar. They lather very nicely, you only need a little teeny bit. However, $10 for a body wash, no thanks! Plus, they dry out my skin like crazy due to all the alcohol they put in it.
So, I've turned to the Suave body washes instead, they smell just as great and cost $2. Heck for that price, you can get all the scents!!

on 7/19/2007 9:15:00 PM

Great smell that lasts for a while. I love the BBW products but only buy them when they are on sale. The regular price of $ 10 for a body wash seems a little expensive.

on 6/17/2007 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After using these for years...I realized they were the cause of my stubborn chest whiteheads (yeah i know, very gross!). No matter what the scent, they always break me out. I still give them a 3 rating b/c they foam up nice and smell so good. Have you noticed they are getting more and more expensive though? $9.50 for a shower gel? I remember when they were $6.50! Ha! Anyways, I have now moved onto Suave body washes since they don't break me out and only cost $1.99!!!