August 28, 2014 | 1685 users online

Cleansers - Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by GrantMichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really won't go into much depth about this product.
I've been using oil cleansers for two years and i don't know if they are doing much for me, dry with blackheads and old scars, occasional stress related cysts. I used this many times before and my skin got worse. Today, taking off my bb cream/ powder, brows, and particularly sparkly eyeshadow under the eyes. It was a powdered eyeshadow. When I used this to take it off, there were sparkles everywhere still on my skin. A cyst developing on my forehead got red and angry. Tight, not different than a foaming cleanser feels like afterwards. Definitely not repurchasing.

Update! I shouldn't have been so harsh on this. I think my problem before was that these types of cleasners do not exfoliate at all, and leave your skin in a stripped but not necessarily "refeshed" or "squeaky clean" state. That being said, adding PTR's Unwrinkle Pads a few times a week, this gives me no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by soitgoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I believe Fancl is a Japanese drugstore brand, and this cleanser is quite famous in the blogosphere. Here in the US, I happened to purchase it from an online site called Beauty Kat. This cleansing oil is very good at removing makeup.

This product is meant to be pumped into dry hands and then massaged over a dry face (I typically spend about 2 minutes massaging it over my face). Then you slowly add water onto the face to emulsify the oil and water, which turns the solution on your face a cloudy, milky color (I run my hands under running water, shake some access, then massage my hands around my face--I do this a few times). Then rinse.

If you're willing to spend an extra few minutes adding this into your routine for its effectiveness in removing makeup, I highly recommend it. Please note that once it is opened, you are supposed to use it all up within 3 months of purchasing (use it everyday)--I believe the solution is free of preservatives, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by rachelng730

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product to remove makeup. Just one step to remove the makeup all over ur face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by loverlover1328

This is my HG oil cleanser, and has been for about 2 yrs! I have repurchased this many times, which in Australia isn't that easy, but in Melbourne there are a few places in Chinatown where you can get it for around $50 (I think). I tend to buy it when I'm in Asia because it is heaps cheaper there. Alternatively, try the Asian websites like adambeauty etc.
If you do visit Asia, bear in mind that this is not an oil cleanser you can stock up on - it has no preservatives, and so you will see on the packaging that it has a use by date. Once the product is open, you need to use it all within 12 months. I will say that a bottle will last around 6 months or so.
I use 2 pumps, and work this into a dry face with both hands. You do not need to repeat this process i.e. no need to cleanse twice. After working it in for a few minutes, you dampen your hands and then work it in again. The product will become milky and this is the oil being removed from your face and carrying with it all the crap!
Then you just rinse it all off and you don't have to follow with another cleanser unless you want to. You'll find your skin is very clean and soft! If I've been out and have a full face of makeup I'll generally follow with a foaming cleanser.
I've tried DHC (too thick, like olive oil) and Shu Uemura (pathetic cleansing ability). FANCL is by far superior but has not been mass marketed like the Shu. With Shu I found I had to repeat the process and it wasn't as thick, so it felt like I wasn't doing much. DHC on the other hand was too thick so I always followed up with a cleanser. That was annoying because not only did I feel like I was stripping my face, but what is the point when FANCL will do it in one?!
Anyway, I highly highly recommend this if you want to purchase an oil cleanser. I started searching for an oil cleanser after I started using Invisible Zinc (this won't budge with a cleanser alone). I was a little worried that it would break me out and couldn't grasp the concept of removing oil with oil? But this simply WORKS. Give it a shot!
I've given it a 4 for packaging because the pump is difficult to travel with. When you first use it, you have to remove the "stopper" so the pump will push down. I generally keep this, and then replace it when I travel so it won't pump in my bag accidentally. But still, a pump is much better than a screw top when you're dealing with oil!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink, and quite tan
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by lemongrass52

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was using this cleansing oil for about 2 months several years ago. It was not bad actually. It removed all my make up quite nicely. But you need to massage it with the oil first, then apply a little bit of water on your face and massage again before you wash this off completely. However, ever since I learned that people with oily skin should not use cleansing oil as it will causes more clogged pores, I immediately switched to bioderma. Since I am still having clogged pores, this cleansing oil shouldn't be the cause of my skin problem. I would say this is a relatively good cleansing oil but products like pond's cleansing oil has the same effect but the latter is so much cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by swtxdreams

I got this oil cleanser because of the good reviews on MUA. However, as soon as I started using it, I started getting milia or small acne bumps (not quite sure) around my eyes. I do not normally have any abnormal skin rashes around my eye so I immediately stopped using it. I also do not have sensitive skin. After I stopped using it, the bumps went away.
At the time, I was trying quite a few products so I decided to give fancl oil another chance. Again, the bumps appeared. I only used it for 5 days total so it was a total waste of money for me.
It did take off makeup well, if I remember correctly. Just a warning to future consumers about my skin reaction.
I have found the shiseido oil cleanser to be pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you like using oil to remove your makeup, you might like this one, though I personally would prefer using organic oils like jojoba oil. I have only ever tried this one and the one from Origins, I think this is milder and a lot less drying than the one from Origins, and it's at very least as effective, if not more so, in taking off eyes and face makeup.

Out of all the Fancl products I have ever tried, this one is easily the winner, though I stopped using this kind of "commercial oil" to take off my makeup quite some time ago.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was great at removing makeup. However, it did not work with my skin, which felt stripped after I'd rinsed it off. It also irritated my eyes. My skin does not like detergent cleaners, and I'd hoped that the oil would compensate for that. It was not to be. I think if your skin was less sensitive, then this would work well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by raspo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried several cleansing oils (DHC, Shiseido, a couple of the Shu) and this is the only one that makes my eyes water, and my eyes aren't particularly sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by fayyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best cleansing oil ever. I only use cleansing oil to remove my makeup, both eye and face. I've tried tons of different brands, but so far, this is the best quality even thought this is not the most price efficiency one. It remove my waterproof mascara in one wash, and really mild. I have really sensitive skin, i even cannot use liquid body wash because they all irritate my skin. My face is even worse, however, this is never break me out or give me any reaction. I also find that cleansing oil can remove some white and black heads as well. So really recommend it if you want to spend some money on cleansing oil.