December 20, 2014 | 1347 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

Booo I hardly had blackheads before using this and now after two uses I have heaps on my nose. Also extremely painful...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

These are just fun. I definitely don't think they do anything. Sure they pull out some white heads, but I could run my nail over my nose and get that gooky stuff myself. There is no pore shrinking. Those white heads fill right back up overnight practically.

I think these are just a right of passage. They are just a fun experiment, but no beauty staple.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried these out for fun with my sister for the first time when I was 18 .. even though I never even needed them.
I had a poreless nose (or rather not noticeable with the naked eyes as everyone has pores on their noses).
These have made them apparent and I was in a mini cycle where I had to use them once inawhile to open up my clogged pores, which have also caused blackheads.

I think this product makes pores larger as the product has to get into the pores to pull the suckers out and it basically.. .enlarges them.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by johnnsmithh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

strips don't really work. It claims to deep cleanse, but it doesn't. If you leave it on to long you can tear off some of your skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Alice000

I used these a lot as a teen, they are effective, but I recently found out that they can damage the small delicate blood vessels under the skin of your nose. Not a good look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
I am addicted to these pore strips. There is something psychologically satisfying seeing all the hardened sebum come out of your pores. I love staring at the cactus-looking strip after I'm done!

I also feel that after using a strip, the pores on my nose are visibly less noticeable for a few days. After that, it seems they gather enough dirt and grime from my daily make up use that they become enlarged again, but that's when I use another strip. No biggie.

I've been using these pore strips for a while and it takes a few times before you get used to how to best use them. I read somewhere that instead of using water like it says in the directions, you can try a toner and you may get better results. I would use a toner with a low content of alcohol to avoid too much skin irritation. I would also recommend using a strip after steaming your face, taking a hot shower, or washing your face with hot water for a few minutes. The strip has slits cut into them to give a better fit to various noses and fits my flat Asian nose just fine. When the nose strip dries, it will feel almost like paper mache. I get the best results from pulling very very slowly from each side of the strip (ex: left side first, almost to the middle, then the right side until the strip is completely removed).

I didn't feel that these are rough on my skin but i use them about 1-2 times per week and no more often than that. I think if I were to use to more often, then it would cause some unnecessary irritation and damage.

Cons:
They're a bit pricey. I wish they were cheaper. I've decided to try some Asian brands to see if I can find a better deal on an equivalent if not better blackhead strip.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

these are so great. i have such a problem with blackheads on my nose and this product pulls them right out . you can actually see the results. great find. love biore

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by melinda96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin is very blackhead prone... I get them along my nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin! So sad. I buy a pack of these every month or so, and only use them when I have a special event (date, dinner, just trying to look good, whatever...) the next day. For me, the most they do is pull out my blackheads, so my skin just produces more oil, and in return, my blackheads will be back in in a couple of days...

I use the strips all over my face, but for me, it doesn't work on the forehead (the strips create a weird bubble), on the chin (same weird bubble), and the corner of the nose, where the cheek and the nose meet. It works on the cheeks, if you cut the strip in half and place it upside down, so the curve matches the curve of your upper cheek and eye (if that makes sense), and the nose.

I found that the strips work best when you prep your skin before using! I have very tough blackheads, so I can't just wet my face and put the strips on, because nothing will come out. My process is using Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask (15 minutes), wash my face with warm water, use a really rough scrub (I do baking soda + water and rub really hard... even though it's bad for my skin), and once you can see the pores opening/the tip of the blackheads coming out, put it on your skin! In my opinion, that is the way to remove the most blackheads. When I pull the strips off, I see little holes in my pores where the blackhead used to be, and a couple of minutes later, I see oil forming again...

These can be very harsh, especially on sensitive skin. I've made the mistake of falling asleep with a strip on and the next day, that area was complete red and itchy... Don't do it!

But yeah, if you're looking for a temorary fix, maybe you're gonna go somewhere fancy, and want your blackheads gone for a bit, try these strips! If you want blackheads to be gone permanently, you'll have to look somewhere else!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I continue to purchase these even thoug hthey don't seem to do anything to my skin. My nose looks like it has blackheads on it but they're really just large, open pores so when I actually get a blackhead its hard to tell. So mostly I just use these just in case to get rid of any junk that might be hiding.

I will say though that I used one on my boyfriend who has obvious blackheads and it didn't remove very many of them compared to how many were on his nose.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I don't really see the point of using these.
Normal, good face scrub will not only refresh your skin but also get rid of pore blockage.
Especially for people like me, who uses foundation on everyday basis, pore cleansing strips are completely of no use.