September 16, 2014 | 1988 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by honeyappleseed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

these are so great. i have such a problem with blackheads on my nose and this product pulls them right out . you can actually see the results. great find. love biore

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by melinda96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin is very blackhead prone... I get them along my nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin! So sad. I buy a pack of these every month or so, and only use them when I have a special event (date, dinner, just trying to look good, whatever...) the next day. For me, the most they do is pull out my blackheads, so my skin just produces more oil, and in return, my blackheads will be back in in a couple of days...

I use the strips all over my face, but for me, it doesn't work on the forehead (the strips create a weird bubble), on the chin (same weird bubble), and the corner of the nose, where the cheek and the nose meet. It works on the cheeks, if you cut the strip in half and place it upside down, so the curve matches the curve of your upper cheek and eye (if that makes sense), and the nose.

I found that the strips work best when you prep your skin before using! I have very tough blackheads, so I can't just wet my face and put the strips on, because nothing will come out. My process is using Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask (15 minutes), wash my face with warm water, use a really rough scrub (I do baking soda + water and rub really hard... even though it's bad for my skin), and once you can see the pores opening/the tip of the blackheads coming out, put it on your skin! In my opinion, that is the way to remove the most blackheads. When I pull the strips off, I see little holes in my pores where the blackhead used to be, and a couple of minutes later, I see oil forming again...

These can be very harsh, especially on sensitive skin. I've made the mistake of falling asleep with a strip on and the next day, that area was complete red and itchy... Don't do it!

But yeah, if you're looking for a temorary fix, maybe you're gonna go somewhere fancy, and want your blackheads gone for a bit, try these strips! If you want blackheads to be gone permanently, you'll have to look somewhere else!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I continue to purchase these even thoug hthey don't seem to do anything to my skin. My nose looks like it has blackheads on it but they're really just large, open pores so when I actually get a blackhead its hard to tell. So mostly I just use these just in case to get rid of any junk that might be hiding.

I will say though that I used one on my boyfriend who has obvious blackheads and it didn't remove very many of them compared to how many were on his nose.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I don't really see the point of using these.
Normal, good face scrub will not only refresh your skin but also get rid of pore blockage.
Especially for people like me, who uses foundation on everyday basis, pore cleansing strips are completely of no use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by AMac001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Part of my skin care routine, i use these strips a couple times a week on my nose and chin area when i get stubborn black heads. This rips them all out and saves me the time of trying to squeeze them out. Works very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by HannahNorman97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased these after seeing many good reviews on them, they were on offer and I used boots points. I will never buy them again even if on offer.
I have tried several ways of using them from people's advice and they have done nothing to clear the pores, all they have done is take skin from my nose and left my face feeling zingy afterwards and if anything made the pores look worse, really disappointed as I had heard great things about them and thought it may had sorted the look of my nose area out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by niccolef

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does exactly what it is supposed to do. For best results your wash your skin good with Luke warm water and scrub lightly around your nose with your fingers (or do this in the shower), then lightly pat your nose with a clean towel once so it's damp, then apply the strip and smooth it down from the center to get out any bumps. Press the strip down next to the edges of your nostrils, then give it about fifteen minutes before you peel it off or until it feels like hardened paper mâché. The strip should feel nice and sticky, not slippery. If it's slippery that means you didn't dry your nose enough, then the strip won't have a chance to dry and adhere to your sebaceous plugs well. When removing, pull both edges of slowly towards each other meeting at the middle of the nose, then lift up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

These are okay if you have large pores and they are clogged but they don't pull out the smaller ones. I have used these for years and finally gave up. I have found other ways like scrubs and so forth that do much more than these.

I think these are great if you have seriously clogged pores and never regularly clean them. If you are looking for regular cleaning of ALL pores, this isn't it. It doesn't seem to pull anything out even though you can see the clogs.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by WorthlessWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I gave these a try and I did end up using them all. I won't repurchase however. My problem with these strips is that they pull out some gunk the first few times that you use them, but after about 4 times it'll barely do anything anymore (I usually used these strips once a week or every 2 weeks).

This product only targeted my large pores. It did not remove anything from small pores. Sometimes it would attach too tight and I would pull off some of my skin while taking the strip off. All in all, they're better alternatives for cleaning your pores.

The price is really nice though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Love this, used to use it a while back. Recently purchased them again. These work over time, maybe a month or so. Recommended use is once a week. For best results I would recommend to use a mud/clay mask once a week (such as glamglow) and instead of regular face wash use a very light scrub versus a harsh scrub once a week (mainly for dry skin.) I like products like this where you can actually see what its doing (the strip after you pull it off shows what has been removed.)