October 1, 2014 | 1956 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Naturally Glossy Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

Great mascara. Very lightweight, low maintenance product. I'm not sure if it's just a good mascara or what, but i feel as though my lashes have actually gotten fuller and longer since I started using this. Since it's Clinique, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some magic potion in there to keep lashes healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-not clumpy
-perfect for a "no-makeup-makeup" look
-lightweight, easy to layer

Cons:
-melts/smears if you get it even slightly wet
-bristles are dense so it's not a quick, one-stroke application (needs to be worked in)

If you already like your natural eyelashes and/or hate the look of obvious mascara, then this product is for you. This mascara subtly enhances your lashes--that's it; if you expect anything else from it, you're going to have a bad time. This is my everyday mascara and I love it. My only issues are that it's not the quickest application and it's risky to either cry or take a nap with it on (major smearing). Holds a slight curl on my straight lashes, but don't expect miracles.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by rasbperries

I bought this mascara a while ago because it was one of the few higher end brand mascaras available in brown. I love this for a more natural, every day look (I work very early in the morning so I typically don't do a lot makeup wise - just this, some concealer, and maybe a light brown eyeliner) because it gives a decent amount of volume without being overly dramatic. My eyelashes are decently long but clump easily and many mascaras end up making me look like I have about five eyelashes total - this doesn't do this at all. It gives really natural looking volume. Also I really like the brush because it's small and precise, which I prefer in mascara wands. I don't like anything bulky because I find they give clumpier lashes. I do keep a separate mascara for when I want a less subtle look, but this is the one I reach for most often.

I definitely recommend this to people looking for an everyday mascara, because it's subtle but still gives a noticeable effect. It's moderately pricey but less than most higher end brands, and since it's the mascara I use daily it's worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely little doo-hickey. Goes on SO effortlessly, no clumps at all, each lash totally separate. Not a dramatic mascara, but perfect for the natural phase I'm in right now. Really nice, and the silverc container is stylish and sleek. I don't need to wipe excess off the brush before using, it goes straight on. Love it.

UPDATE: Took it down to 4 because it turned out to be really hard to take off? I washed, used two rounds of makeup remover and I was still black under the eyes the next morning. Annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by msdeezee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first mascara ever! My mom has always been loyal to Clinique so my first makeup collection was made up of Clinique Bonus items. :)

I would honestly like to give this product a 3.5 because 3 seems too low...what can ya do.

Pros:
- Very natural look, great for daytime and those who like a no-makeup look
- Removes very easily
- Never clumps
- Glossy finish (goes along with the natural look thing)
- Simple, sleek metal tube
- No-nonsense brush (I'm not a fan of gimmicky mascara applicators...)

Cons:
- More prone to flaking and smudging than many mascaras I've used
- Limited range of uses (you can't really build the intensity, so it only works for subtle eye looks)
- Has a tendency to get on my eyelids near the lashline when I apply
- Wet formula needs a bit longer to dry so you don't get it on your browbone, etc
- Doesn't hold a curl too well

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by jpe020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! Perfect for everyday use. I have a love/hate relationship with mascara. I actually stopped using it for a loooong time because when I didn't use it I always felt like my eyes looks squintly. However, this glossy mascara is very natural looking!! It's perfect for people who don't want to look like they are wearing make-up. It gives my eyelashes a boost, but still separates each lash without making them look all gooey and clumpy.

This is the only mascara I use now! Definitely recommended for people who don't want that fake, clumpy mascara look.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice mascara. As other reviewers have noted, it doesn't give a great deal of length or volume. However, it does give me decent length and definition for a casual daytime look. It doesn't irritate my eyes and comes off easily with biphasic makeup remover. I also love the fact that it comes in a beautiful dark brown without red overtones, which is very flattering. I will most likely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by LL1130

Love this mascara! It leaves my lashes looking very natural while defining them and adding a little length.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this sleek mascara tube, this mascara brush is anazing because it does NOT clump at all, it makes my lashes look very natural

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favorite mascara. I'm incredibly lazy about makeup and I will often simply put this on to look more polished and awake. I love the natural look it gives my eyes. I have used both jet brown and jet black and they're both great colors! The product is marketed as lengthening and glossing lashes, which it does well. I would recommend this product to those who suffer from allergies. I have been using this product for six months and not once had an allergic reaction. Thankfully it doesn't have a bad smell that many mascaras I've tried have. I've also noticed that it doesn't flake unless I've slept in my makeup or it's insanely humid out. I can't give the mascara a perfect score as sometimes it won't hold when I curl my lashes and tears will have the mascara gone instantly (though on the plus side removing it is incredibly easy). It costs $16, which might be a lot for some people, but I've found it to be worth the price tag as I've not yet noticed the formula drying out in either the tubes. Also, if you make mistakes while applying, it's very easy to clean up which is an experience I've not had with many mascaras. I have also never once had this mascara clump.

In summary, if you don't mind the price I would highly recommend this mascara for those who want a natural look to their lashes!