Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the better drugstore toners I've tried. For reference, I poured out almost half of my bottle into another contained and filled the remainder with distilled water- something my esthetic instructor told me to try. This cuts how strong it can be. I've been using this twice a day for about 2 months and it's really nice. Gets rid of oil and residue without being too harsh. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It reminds me of straight up liquor, like a bottle of strong vodka or something. Still, I like this and I will purchase it when I want to switch from my normal Thayers rose petal witch hazel toner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why so many people think this smells horrible. I LOVE the smell. At first it was kinda weird but then it grew on me... I can't really put my finger on what it smells like but the closest thing I can think of is refreshing raisins lol. At first I used this and it was helping my skin a lot but I was an idiot and stopped using it and my skin just got worse and worse from using so many different products. I had an epiphany and decided to go back to witch hazel. It's only been two days of washing my face with a microfiber cloth (no products cleansers or makeup remover) and then witch hazel on a cotton pad all over and my face feels calmed down.
Edit: just an FYI, the cap is not really secured onto the bottle so its not good for travel. I was bringing the whole bottle with me to my boyfriends house and keeping it in my bag and i noticed it leaked out a lot. But I bought another one to keep at his place and i've even gotten him hooked on it! :)

Been using this for years. It's super affordable and helps reduce my acne. It's great for sensitive skin

I'm 14 and I've recently been introduced to this product by mom mother. She had always used it for redness around my sisters and mine eyes growing up and now its just a comforting product I love so very much. I'm glad to have a bottle of my own and I have noticed my skin being tighter and smooth, yet haven't used it long enough to know whether or not its giving me the small clogged pours throughout my face. overall I love this product and always have. it takes away redness and tightens your skin while giving it a soft smooth glow. luv.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Awful for me!!1 Every inch of my face gets tiny acne/hard small acne. It took me months to recover. Same goes for Stridex red pad.....Awful

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HOLY GRAIL TONER! I have been using this product continuously since I was 12 and learning about skincare. It is a perfect toner, it is gentle enough not to irritate sensitive skin and strong enough to remove excess oil and cleanser without being drying. I use this after cleansing in the morning and in the evening and it leaves my skin feeling clean and my pores feeling tight. It has helped me treat breakouts also. My mother has been using this product for years and now at the age of 58, is still mistaken for a 40 year old. I have also used it on my acne-prone boyfriend and it stops his skin from getting excessively oily and calms his breakouts, reducing redness and size of pimples. This is truly loved in my family. I will continue to repurchase this product and have gone through countless bottles. A nice, natural product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've used this for years. I don't use it as an all over face toner though. I use it to disinfect pimples, spots, and things like that, it works a treat. I think it would be too harsh to use as an all over toner on my skin, it may be drying. I will give it a go during times that my skin is super oily and see what happens. The smell isn't bad at all either, although I could see that some people may not like it because it's not perfumed.

This makes my skin feel so soft and clean but it doesn't dry my skin out like clean and clear toners. I didn't notice a smell but I use so many other products it doesn't matter. It actually works in its favor, hate the chemical smell you usually get with toners.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff gets it done. Tones the crap out of my face which is why I bought it.

The first time I started using it, the effects were excellent! My skin totally cleared up, it got smoother, firmer and more even as well.

However that did not last very long......soon, my face went back to its normal condition with my occasional breakouts returning. This toner didn't really do anything for my skin afterwards. Now, it simply does its job of keeping my skin's oiliness in balance. I have tried stopping my use of the toner just so I could 'reset' my skin and start using the toner again to recreate the initial results but that didn't work either. I would probably try a different brand of witch hazel toner next time.

Initially, the smell was weird but after a while, I got used to it and the smell did nothing to affect my skin either. The bottle cap isn't very good at keeping the liquid flow consistent so it will leak if you try to pour it in your palm. I recommend pouring it into a spray bottle and spraying your face with it so less liquid would be wasted trying to get the liquid straight from the bottle.

Popular Face Skincare Products