Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

3.7

Water, Shea Butter, Butylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Isodecyl Salicylate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Avocado Oil, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium PCA, Ozokerite, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Palmitate, Copper PCA, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 2/16/2015 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It does what it claims to do, and it has a nice texture. However, similar products can be found in a lower price range.

I'm truly fascinated with this texture-changing eye cream. After a few light swipes, the thick cream transformed into a base that's so smooth it felt almost like water. The marketing terms it as a "quick burst release of hydration". Once application is complete, the smooth base reverts to its original creamy texture, plumping up your eye area and giving it great suppleness.

What's Good?
1. "Quick Burst Release" was Fun
2. Hydrating yet not too Rich
3. Lasts you forever

Full review, "what's bad" and before-after photos at http://bit.ly/1AvnXCP

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product should be gauged by what it states it is for. This is meant for hydration only. It does not boast that it can get rid of dark circles or puffiness. It does a very good job in hydrating the under eye area. Because it provides good hydration, the lines become less obvious as they are plumped up. I place a little cream on my ring finger and dab it along the orbital bone. I also apply it on my eye lids. Like it claims, it does not get into my eyes. As the cream contains avocado OIL, it will sit on your skin if there is any other form of water-based moisture. It takes more than 5-8 minutes for it to be absorbed completely. I only use it at night because my morning routine is a rushed one. The next morning, I find my under eye area nicely moisturised, making concealer application easy. My eye lids are also no longer dry, making eyeshadow application a breeze. The eyelid and under eye area are very thin layers of skin. Although this is a cream, it doesn't cause oil seeds/milia seeds. If you, like me, suffer from an under eye area that's dry and have dark circles at the same time, I'd suggest using two types of eye creams: one for the morning and one for the night targeting different concerns.

on 2/8/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just started using eye creams. I was looking for a cream to moisturize the under eye area. I tried a couple different ones but was not completely satisfied until I started using this one. I has a very thick consistency which I love considering i have very dry skin. To apply it, you need to rub it between two fingers to help to spread. I apply it every night after I remove my makeup and every morning before I apply my concealer. It helps considerably to avoid making my under eye concealer dry and cakey. I am very happy with this product.

THIS. I adore this eye cream, it's probably my favorite beauty product of all time, seriously. I've gone through pots and pots of it. Sometimes I cannot afford it because it's so expensive but I scrimp and I save just so I can get it. Yes, it's bit greasy so I only use it at night (you need something with SPF in the daytime anyway) and I wake up with nice dewy skin around my eyes. Just the perfect eye cream!

on 2/3/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In love with this little pot of magic! Although my face is extremely oily, my eye area on the other hand is very dry and not many eye creams hydrate well enough. This cream is rich and lovely, absorbs well and keeps the eye area hydrated throughout the day. Not a fan of a jar as I don't like dipping fingers in my creams but this one is too tick to be in a pump. Overall, a good product and works better than many more expensive creams I have tried

on 1/29/2015 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Works well at hydrating my very dry undereye skin, which I've been dealing with since starting up retinoids again (in the winter, after several months off for medical reasons -- FYI, your skin will NOT just pick back up where it left off after a long break! Be careful!). I had been having angry, red, peeling skin around my eyes that would not calm down or heal, despite the rest of my face adjusting. This seems to have gotten me over that, so that's great as far as I'm concerned, and it didn't sting or burn, either. Also, here's a tip from a helpful salesperson at the Kiehl's store. He said that to apply it: take a small dab with one ring finger and then rub it together with the other ring finger -- this thins the product into a more milky texture, making it easier to apply without tugging on the skin. It definitely changes the texture of the product, and also helps you use less to cover the area since it spreads more easily in the thinner state.

on 1/28/2015 12:49:00 AM

My favorite eye cream! It's really rich and leaves my undereye skin nice and moist. Smoothes out any fine lines. Not sure if the green tint of the product does anything but I find I don't really need concealer! I wake up excited to put this stuff on me. You've got to try this!

on 1/14/2015 8:30:00 AM

I have the most sensitive skin around my eyes, and on my neck - this is literally the ONLY product I can use (besides for my prescription steroid) on my eyes. Every other product causes me to have scaly, red, itchy, peeling eczema on both my upper and lower lids. I buy the larger size and makes sure to never run out. I have tried hundreds of eye creams, and seen many dermatologist on this issue. If Kiehls ever stops making this product I will be devastated. My only gripe is the packaging - I would prefer if this came in a tube for sanitary reasons, I don't like the idea of sticking my fingers in the cream daily, and when it gets to the bottom I find myself scraping the inside of the jar. Other then that 5 stars.

on 1/12/2015 1:14:00 AM

I think this is a good basic and fuss free-eye cream for those who prefer a richer texture. It smooths out my under-eye area because it is thick and hydrating and thus leaves me looking less tired and crinkled - I realise that this effect is purely due to my skin being well-moisturised because this does not have any active anti-aging ingredients, but for now, that's all I need.
I have quite sensitive eyes and this does not give me any sort of irritation, plus you only need a tiny amount. I just got my second pot for Christmas and am happy to be using it again.