July 23, 2014 | 1505 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by parentheses

I think if I hadn't been shown how to use this cream at the Kiehl's store, I wouldn't like it as much as I do. You're only supposed to take the equivalent of a pin head's worth of cream for each eye, and dot it around until it turns into a watery substance. I tried spreading it on a particularly dry day and the results were no good, too goopy.
The reason why I particularly like this cream is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I have controlled blepharitis, but as the treatment can leave the area around my eyes very dry, finding a cream that keeps things in check without making my eyes water has been very helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by PixxiDust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best eye cream ever. Reasonably priced when compared with the results. My eye area is brighter and the small lines are less visible. One of my eyelids was dry and slightly flakey and this totally sorted it after about 3 weeks. It is a little greasy when first applied, but it sinks in well. I apply a small amount during the day and slightly more at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Geniebean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you think this eye cream is too greasy or oily, you're NOT using it correctly.

This eye cream is unique in that it is a water in oil emulsion ( water droplets are dispersed in oil), not an oil in water emulsion like most other creams.

This means you need to break the water to oil bond by rubbing the eye cream on your hand before applying.

Try it for yourself and you'll notice a surprising burst in moisture and a change in consistency.

So why would kiehls make a product so complicated it needed special instructions to serve its purpose?

Because this eye cream is something special. Water in oil emulsions are less irritating, less prone to bacterial infection, won't migrate and are more hydrating

The color comes from the orange color of beta carotene and the bluish hue of copper pca ( both antioxidants)
No colorant added.

I used to work for kiehls, and this was one of the coolest products

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Sari23

I was in need of a new eye cream and decided to give this a go. Whilst other reviewers have had issues with the consistency of this product, I quite like it. I like to use products that "feel" like they're working. It has made a difference in reducing under eye puffiness and it keeps that area very moisturised. I also find that this eye cream has lasted for quite sometime, I've been using it since December (day and night) and it still hasn't run out. A major downside is that it's too pricey for something that should have more of an effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by SaraDLueders

I really wanted to like this....first of all the texture is just bizarre. It's tacky and rubbery and cannot be spread out easily. Also it burned the living hell out of my eyes! I only had a sample and will not buy the full size. I'm thinking of trying Mario Badescu

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

This is a great eye cream, the morning after wearing it someone commented on how refreshed I looked. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by noodlenoodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I'm not a fan of the texture (turns rubbery when in contact with water), I have to admit it does moisturise my eye area quite well. My skin is quite dry and my main concern is keeping it moisturised. The price is reasonable too, compared to other eye creams (used to use sisley eye contour cream). I've been using this eye cream for a couple of months and there is still more than half left in the jar. However, if you are looking for de-puffing or something to rid dark eye circles, this is not the product. Overall, its a good moisturising eye cream for normal to dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kochanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really hated this. It was super, super greasy, to the point where it just would not sink in, and if your skin is wet it turns all rubbery when you try to apply it. It stung and irritated my eyes like crazy and I'm not sure why because it doesn't have fragrance. And on top of all that it didn't moisturize at all. If anything it dried my eyes out and made those little fine dehydration lines a lot worse! A good eye cream makes me look like I've gotten 8 hours of sleep even if I haven't, this one made me look like I got zero sleep even when I'm well rested. And it's impossible to use under makeup. Would not recommend at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by LiveHappily

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too oily for any makeup application. Not ideal for day time but maybe ok just for night time for all the natural avocado oil and juices!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by EsposaPerfecta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my night eye cream I want to use the night recovery eye cream from kiehls too, but this one leave my eye area soft moisture and it's not too oily so I probably won't change it for a while