August 30, 2014 | 1793 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by superfroggie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I am really, really picky with eye creams. Their texture has to be right, their smell has to be non-offensive, their price has to be reasonable and of course you need to be able to see results!! Well, this eye cream combines all four!! The texture is creamy but instantly transforms when you apply it on the skin to almost water-y consistency that is best absorbed if you gently pat your fingers around the area. If you are using this as a day cream, it is best to leave it be for a couple of minutes before applying any make-up on top. It smells of nothing in particular so it's great for all people with sensitive noses and the price is very, very reasonable.As for the results....well I can go on for days! It is, as you would expect with an avocado-based cream, very moisturizing. Furthermore, it is very nourishing. I have very thin skin under my eyes which oftens feels irritated and itchy and I also have bad dark circles. The more I used this, the more it seemed the skin under my eyes, felt...(for lack of a better word) thicker and nourished. As it is so moisturizing, there was no itchiness or redness and the lines around the eyes looked softer. That is great from a cream that claims no particular anti-wrinkle benefits!! The dark circles were definitely diminished after 3 weeks of use (probably because as I said the skin under my eyes wasn't as thin anymore so they were less obvious). Overall, I would definitely, absolutely recommend and then some.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice nighttime moisturizer. It is quite heavy yet sinks in nicely. Get yourself to Kiehl's and ask for a sample!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by areeminouche

Favorite for me as well as my husband. It is recommended for people aged 20s but it continued to work for me (though in very late 20s) and my husband too! I feel that it is nourishing and sufficient enough if you do not have a lot of wrinkles to fight yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Angie9024

A little goes a long way with this fantastic eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by parentheses

I think if I hadn't been shown how to use this cream at the Kiehl's store, I wouldn't like it as much as I do. You're only supposed to take the equivalent of a pin head's worth of cream for each eye, and dot it around until it turns into a watery substance. I tried spreading it on a particularly dry day and the results were no good, too goopy.
The reason why I particularly like this cream is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I have controlled blepharitis, but as the treatment can leave the area around my eyes very dry, finding a cream that keeps things in check without making my eyes water has been very helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by PixxiDust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best eye cream ever. Reasonably priced when compared with the results. My eye area is brighter and the small lines are less visible. One of my eyelids was dry and slightly flakey and this totally sorted it after about 3 weeks. It is a little greasy when first applied, but it sinks in well. I apply a small amount during the day and slightly more at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Geniebean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you think this eye cream is too greasy or oily, you're NOT using it correctly.

This eye cream is unique in that it is a water in oil emulsion ( water droplets are dispersed in oil), not an oil in water emulsion like most other creams.

This means you need to break the water to oil bond by rubbing the eye cream on your hand before applying.

Try it for yourself and you'll notice a surprising burst in moisture and a change in consistency.

So why would kiehls make a product so complicated it needed special instructions to serve its purpose?

Because this eye cream is something special. Water in oil emulsions are less irritating, less prone to bacterial infection, won't migrate and are more hydrating

The color comes from the orange color of beta carotene and the bluish hue of copper pca ( both antioxidants)
No colorant added.

I used to work for kiehls, and this was one of the coolest products

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Sari23

I was in need of a new eye cream and decided to give this a go. Whilst other reviewers have had issues with the consistency of this product, I quite like it. I like to use products that "feel" like they're working. It has made a difference in reducing under eye puffiness and it keeps that area very moisturised. I also find that this eye cream has lasted for quite sometime, I've been using it since December (day and night) and it still hasn't run out. A major downside is that it's too pricey for something that should have more of an effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by SaraDLueders

I really wanted to like this....first of all the texture is just bizarre. It's tacky and rubbery and cannot be spread out easily. Also it burned the living hell out of my eyes! I only had a sample and will not buy the full size. I'm thinking of trying Mario Badescu

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

This is a great eye cream, the morning after wearing it someone commented on how refreshed I looked. Would definitely buy again.