January 25, 2015 | 2004 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2015 2:51:00 AM More reviews by queenjadeline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this today and could not wait to review it. So far I'm in love with this product. I applied it all over my face and let it dry for about 10 minutes before washing it off with warm water. I don't have many noticeable breakouts right now so I can't speak much for how it worked on them but it cleared so many blackheads from my nose! Of course there are still some there but this is the first product I've ever used that has removed blackheads. I love the minty smell, like a stick of gum. It stung a bit around my nose while it was on my face but it wasn't anything bad enough to complain about. I'm especially happy that it worked so well for my combo skin. It removed the oil in my t-zone without drying my cheeks. I'll update this review after a few more uses if anything changes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2015 12:59:00 AM More reviews by amrinxox

This didn't do anything for my acne

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 9:59:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mask! It smells great, has a gentle tingling sensation when applied and is easy to put on and wipe off. This stuff really helps out my skin! I have oily skin that tends to get even oilier when under a lot of stress, before and after my monthly period. It absorbs all of that extra oil that's on my face, unclogs all of my pores and gets rid of any potential blackheads. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

This review is one that has been long in the making! I love this mask. I've already re-purchase this twice! I've only been able to purchase it in the tub format, so I get a lot of product for the price that I pay. I find that it's gentle enough on your skin to do every 2-3 days. It helps clear up my little flare ups around that time of the month. My skin loves this product. It does sting a little, especially if your skin isn't used to masks, but I find that it's a great indicator as to the condition of your skin - if it stings, your skin is out of balance, but if it doesn't then it's in good shape. Of course, this is completely unscientific but it works for me! This mask is also great if you don't have a lot of time to spare but your skin needs a little tlc. Put on a thin layer and within five minutes, you're good to wash off and go. I find that it also helps remove some of the redness in my skin. But it also doesn't hurt you if you keep it on for an hour. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin, but like with all products, swatching is recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Such a good product. I bought after seeing all the rave reviews for this mask. I bought mine on eBay for about NZ$15. The tube it came in is HUGE! This will last me a long, long time. I always forget to do masks, I just never have the time so I still have other masks that I have had for years. This is definitely my new fave though. It's easy to apply, not too thick, just nice and creamy and easy to spread over my face. Smells nice like spearmint and felt nice on my face. I have pretty good skin now that I have my routine down pat and have found the products that work best for me. I had clear skin when I put this on but when I took it off I noticed it had bought up 2 small blemishes, I guess it had bought all the bad stuff to the surface. My nose was very clear however which was great and my skin was smooth and soft. I heard this is good for spot treatments too, so after I moisturized I put some more on the blemishes and left it overnight. In the morning, they were non-existent. Very impressed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by BlushingHeelz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite go-to masks! I love the mint scent and how it tingles and gives a cooling effect. I don't have large pores, but I love when I apply this and it dries that I can see my pores and how the masks really does pull the dirt out. The application can get a bit messy, but masks are always messy. This masks works wonders and it definitely does dry up any acne/pimples fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stumbled on a sale for this at Walgreens and had vague memory of using it in my early teens. All I could remember as I stared at the bottle is having true contempt for it while not remembering why. :-P For $2 and the claims on the label of extracting impurities and reducing the appearance of pores I decided to try it again. Now I remember what I hated: the scent of sulfur, as it all came back to me at once that I before used it as an overnight spot treatment mask, where it would be sticky and smeared all over my face in the morning, had no positive effect on my skin, and my bedding left stained green and reeked like sulfur. Sigh. This time around, I just used it on my t-zone where and for about 15 minutes, rinsed it off gently with cold water and a wash cloth, and wow! I get why this is such a classic/favorite. My skin was glowing and the blackheads on my nose that I can never get rid of are drastically reduced. Nothing ever helps clear those so I'm amazed that this helped. I still hate the smell, and it is a little bit drying so I don't want to use it on my entire face but for especially clogged areas = excellent!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, as a weekly mask this did not do anything for my dehydrated-normal acne-prone skin. I don't see a decrease in acne, clearer/smaller pores, smoother skin texture... Nothing. It stings slightly (this is separate from the cooling sensation the mint has) so I can't even say it is fun to use. The only difference I can tell in my skin after I use the mint julep mask is that it feels drier than usual so I need more moisturizer.

I don't plan on purchasing this in the future, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't had much luck with other clay masks in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well this mask is THE best mask you can buy for your skin if you have acne. I bought this particular mask around a year ago and stopped using it because it was so messy and it really wasn't doing much for my skin. I started reusing it again about a month ago now and I am so in love with it. It is so affordable, it is a huge tube, you will never run out of this! I apply the mask on days that I have worn makeup for the whole day, to just clean my skin. I do not exfoliate often because it can be too harsh on my skin, so this is a great alternative. :) very happy with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by sloesch14

I bought this after reading great reviews about it and because of the cheap price. I was impressed. Afterwards my skin feels soft, smooth, and pores are clear. It is just as good as Lush's Mask of Magnaminty...if not better! I will repurchase.