Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 3/6/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand the hype with this product. I've tried for years to try to like this mask and find a way to make it work for me. I don't have overly sensitive skin, I can usually use almost anything. But this just breaks me out like crazy every time I use it!

on 3/3/2015 1:06:00 AM

I enjoyed using this product a couple of times. It felt good on my face and I like the color. It seemed to have the same effect on my face as a regular cleanser, though -- nothing more. If I just want to clean my face, I'll use cleanser. I started to get a bit sick of the smell pretty quickly.

on 3/2/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first time around I used this product was two years ago-when I had zits and acne scars dotting my cheeks. When I opened the tube, it was pretty scary at the thought of smearing it all over my face due to the "spearmint" smell, as another reviewer pointed out. And it did kind of burn, I guess due to the fact that it was my first time using the product, plus my skin hasn't ever been exposed to something stronger than normal clay masks. Nevertheless, I still used it, in desperate, but not vain, hopes that my blemishes would lighten up a bit.

Girl, was I right!

After rinsing off the mask, I definitely felt a smoother complexion and noticed how most of the zits have shrunk, along with some of the scars that appeared more healed. My face felt more softer, although it did take more restraint to stop touching my skin.
I then began a routine of applying the mask twice per week. If the acne died down over the next couple of months, then the facials would be down to once per week. And the acne considerably began to dissipate over the next months, even into the new year! By senior year, majority of the blemishes were nearly invisible. It was almost never there before!

I would give this product five lippies, if it weren't so hard to wash off--even the thinnest layer! And the price, well, let's just say I want to make this facial last as long as possible.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this mask for almost two years now, and its such a good mud mask for acne skin. It sting a bit when you first put it on but that goes away fast and after a few times you hardly notis it, but the first time i used it i got suprised by the intense stinging.
Its clarifying without being extremely drying. I use one of the queen helena face scrubs first then the mask and on those days my skin looks so good and glowing.

The tube is LARGE and i use it atleast once a week and i put a good layer on and still the tube last me over a year but for the price its okay to throw it away and buy a new one when it gets to old.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This used to be my HG mask but the one I got recently did the opposite for me. It made me break out in hives so it's either I got the bad batch or they change the formula?

The price is dirt cheap so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try if you can

on 1/27/2015 11:30:00 AM

I love the smell.. It's a nice spearmint smell. However I found it was just way too thick to apply and remove and it didn't really help to clear my skin. Your skin will definitely feel clean after using this as it basically just sucks all the oil out. But it may be harsh for people with more sensitive skin.

on 1/25/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Amazing product worth the buy!! lasted me about a year which is amazing for the price.
clears pores without over drying! great for oily combo skin.

on 1/16/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good mud mask for oily skin.
It is very basic, clarifying but not extremely drying.
Before this I used Fresh and Aesop masks, and in my opinion this is
just as good although the expensive brands smell better etc.
Sometimes I mix it with scrubs like the one from Aesop that contains AHA,
scrub the face and leave on the mixture for some minutes.
You can mix it with a drop of essential oils like tea tree, eucalyptus, rosemary etc.
and it resembles Aesop masks.
Use alone or with other products, this clarifies my skin and next morning my
face feels really gunk-free and clear. It is really good to have around.
Only problem is the tube lasts too long, although I put a thin layer.
I think one tube would last me over 2 years.

on 1/14/2015 12:10:00 PM

Love! Love! Love! this stuff! I have super oily skin and acne around that time of the month. I have tiny black heads on my nose. I exfoliate my skin with a sugar scrub on Monday, Wednesday, Fridays. And on Tuesdays & Thursdays I use the mask. Works amazing! I haven't tried any of the glam glow mask or any other mask outside of this one. And I would say this gets the job done I love the feeling of the mint feels like it's definitely working. After rinsing this off I love how my skin feels like butter! This is a staple in my house!

on 1/14/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wonderful product! I have extremely oily skin and this is the only thing that controls it. Some people complain about the smell but i find it really soothing and relaxing. The best thing about it, is it's price, i paid 2 dollars for it! plus a little really goes a long way.

Popular Masks