November 25, 2014 | 1805 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sadly this mask didn't give me the amazing results other people had. This did nothing for my acne when used as an overall mask or as a spot treatment. It didn't minimize the look of my pores either. It did leave my skin very soft though, but that's not enough for me to repurchase. But at roughly four bucks from Sally's it's definitely worth the try.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by alielxoxo

This used to be my holy grail until I came across Bentonite Clay. But this did help my inflamed/irritated acne. Mint cools down the flared up acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

im not sure how i feel about this mask. i feel as though all the masks i have tried are all the same. i have acne prone skin and dont see any difference using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I get occasional hormone breakouts on my chin and this solves it instantly. It doesn't completely "fix" your entire skin but it works really great for that. It is rather drying on me so I have to moisturize a lot after, and it can be kind of messy, but it is so cheap and works so quickly for those hormone blemishes. I replace this every time I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by falkenna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product with high expectations, as this is considered one of the "holy grail" masks. Unfortunately, after about three weeks of using this two to three times a week, it has made essentially no difference to the quality of my skin, and I still get as many (if not more) breakouts. I can't necessarily blame my skin problems on one product, true, but this has proved ineffective for me, even in combination with a whole, raw diet and daily exercise. The price is great and the packaging is fine, but I suppose this just isn't for me. It does smell nice, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jmparc

Disclaimer: I've only used it for two days. I might post another entry after two weeks.

I'm aware that it's recommended for masques to be applied once or twice a week, but given my skin's reputation (i.e. tenaciously oily, large pores, stubborn blackheads, hyper-pigmentation), I decided to apply Julep's masque every night for 45 minutes, as opposed to what's suggested on the package.

However, I primarily use it as a spot-treatment and don't swathe my whole face with it.

As someone who's suffered from trials of acne solutions for over a decade, this product is undoubtedly my best purchase yet.

After two applications, my pores are noticeably smaller, my blackheads appear less prominent, and my pimples diminish significantly every night. Dare I say, I even feel comfortable going out sans makeup!

While I'm still on the look-out for a product that can effectively and permanently eliminate blackheads, I'm immensely satisfied with using this masque as an interim treatment for various trouble-spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Very inexpensive & effective mask. I agree with most of the other posts-great after steaming & really dries active acne or blackheads. Great for clear, oily skin too. Classic! I've been using this mask for over 10 years. I always go back to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by jingwoo

this is my holy grail breakout mask!!! i apply it on my pimples overnight and tadaaaa it disappears the next morning! its really great for breakouts and pimples. and its really cheap, I'll definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Old faithful, everyone and their mama knows about this masque. It works,simple as that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by rach29

Really love this mask. Makes me face feel smooth and sucks out all those hard to get black heads! The only thing I dislike is the lingering smell after I wash it off. Overall, excellent mask.