Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 5/30/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Such a refreshing face mask! I found this mask after hearing about the brand from my Mom, who used their cocoa butter during her pregnancies. This was in WalMart for about $6 in a huge tube - I couldn't believe it! It also had very good reviews online.

After a few weeks of using this mask, typically once a week, I really enjoy it. I tend to use it after showers when my pores are open, and I feel that it completely refreshes and tones my skin. This is definitely a mask for people with oily skin - I only use this on my t-zone because I feel like it would be too harsh for my cheeks. When this mask is applied, there is definitely a tingly sensation, but it is not overwhelming or uncomfortable. The scent is minty and refreshing.

My skin always feels tighter, cleaner, and clearer after using this mask. Again, this is definitely not an ideal product for people who suffer from dry patches.

For the price point, this is a great mask and I would definitely repurchase again.

I have been using this mask since I was in my teens. I am now 30, and the formula has never changed. They stay true to what they have always used, and I love that about this mask. It's a great mask that does a really good job of making your skin, well.....just your skin but BETTER. Baby soft! Not to mention it's cheap as cheap gets for a face mask, but still does an amazing job at what it is supposed to do. One tube of this clay mask, lasts me about a year. No joke. And, it doesn't dry out as long as you put the cap back on. There is honestly no reason not to buy it, because you definitely get your moneys worth x 100, not to mention the entertainment value I get outta this stuff. I always let the clay dry, and get really hard, then I walk up to my husband and kids when they are unsuspecting, and smile really big, which makes the dried clay crack and crumble. They think it's hilarious. I have to agree. Just buy it! ;D

on 5/21/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Not only a great snapchat tool but results in better skin

on 5/17/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think it's okay for the price, definitely wouldn't say it's the best of the best or hg worthy. This doesn't do any harm but it maybe helps with pores a little. I think it's still worth a try

on 4/30/2015 3:53:00 PM

i love this. sucks out all the oils. i break out a a lot and i use this once a week, normally i use my Aesop masks which are my holy grail but if i didnt have those... i wouldnt mind this one. and for the price... this stuff is really amazing.

on 4/23/2015 8:51:00 PM

Meh, it's ok. Nothing remmarkable, and I've used a lot of other masks that are stronger and work better than this one.

on 4/23/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was not an impressive mask. Did nothing for my acne and dried me out. Sulfur just doesn't work for me I guess. I ended up giving this away.

on 4/21/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I usually have pretty clear skin, but I keep this around as a spot treatment whenever a particularly gnarly spot shows up. It definitely reduces some of the swelling and does seem to help get rid of it when used in conjunction with BP. Probably thanks to the sulfur. Every now and then I'll use it as a true mask during the summer, but it doesn't really do much in that case nor would I expect it to. The one thing that bugs me is that the smell seems to linger even after thorough removal, so I end up having to cleanse again afterwards.

on 4/20/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep buying this- it works! Besides being a great mask for me my husband uses it for when he feels one if those painful under the skin pimples coming on and it literally goes away before it becomes anything! This is a must have in our house. You can get It almost anywhere but our dollar store even carries it!

on 4/19/2015 9:02:00 PM

This mask is fantastic. After reading reviews on makeupalley (Thank you, guys), I decided to try this product for myself. I've been using it for a couple months now.
Every time I use this mask, my skin is matte, tight, and clean. The trick is to only use it on your oily skin. For some people, that might just be t-zone, for others might be their whole face. I specifically use it on my nose and forehead. The mask dries as a hard clay, and feels lovely and tight.
I have it in the tub packaging, obviously not as hygenic as the tube but its lasted me a while so far. The smell is a lovely spearmint. Will definitely buy again when I run out!

Popular Masks