December 19, 2014 | 1379 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ahmednawshin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not quite sure how to feel about this product, honestly. Nowadays I consider anything that doesn't cause me to break out an "okay" product. I love how this masque goes on--very smooth and creamy. I love the smell and the tingly feeling. I don't feel like it has done a whole lot for my skin overall but it does do a good job of refreshing. Overall, it's a decent product but don't expect this to be life-changing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by LiseC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Aghh, I have tried so many times to like this product. I WANT to like this product! It's such a great price point and I can get it at my grocery store!! But every time I put it on it stings (and not in a pleasant, 'its working!' way). The burn is mild-ish so I fight through but every time I've taken it off I haven't seen the results I've had with other masks. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by iBaei

I've been using this product since I was in H.S. (back in the early 2000's). It does what it says and it leaves your face feeling refreshed. I've also noticed that my skin is less prone to blackheads and acne. I have combination skin and although it does absorb the oils in my skin it also keeps my skin from over-drying. I've read other reviews of people complaining that after the product dries it's hard to remove. No offense but did ya'll read the label.... wash it off with warm water and if need be use a cloth :) Overall a great affordable buy and I will continue to buy for many years to come.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sadly this mask didn't give me the amazing results other people had. This did nothing for my acne when used as an overall mask or as a spot treatment. It didn't minimize the look of my pores either. It did leave my skin very soft though, but that's not enough for me to repurchase. But at roughly four bucks from Sally's it's definitely worth the try.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by alielxoxo

This used to be my holy grail until I came across Bentonite Clay. But this did help my inflamed/irritated acne. Mint cools down the flared up acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

im not sure how i feel about this mask. i feel as though all the masks i have tried are all the same. i have acne prone skin and dont see any difference using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I get occasional hormone breakouts on my chin and this solves it instantly. It doesn't completely "fix" your entire skin but it works really great for that. It is rather drying on me so I have to moisturize a lot after, and it can be kind of messy, but it is so cheap and works so quickly for those hormone blemishes. I replace this every time I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by falkenna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product with high expectations, as this is considered one of the "holy grail" masks. Unfortunately, after about three weeks of using this two to three times a week, it has made essentially no difference to the quality of my skin, and I still get as many (if not more) breakouts. I can't necessarily blame my skin problems on one product, true, but this has proved ineffective for me, even in combination with a whole, raw diet and daily exercise. The price is great and the packaging is fine, but I suppose this just isn't for me. It does smell nice, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jmparc

Disclaimer: I've only used it for two days. I might post another entry after two weeks.

I'm aware that it's recommended for masques to be applied once or twice a week, but given my skin's reputation (i.e. tenaciously oily, large pores, stubborn blackheads, hyper-pigmentation), I decided to apply Julep's masque every night for 45 minutes, as opposed to what's suggested on the package.

However, I primarily use it as a spot-treatment and don't swathe my whole face with it.

As someone who's suffered from trials of acne solutions for over a decade, this product is undoubtedly my best purchase yet.

After two applications, my pores are noticeably smaller, my blackheads appear less prominent, and my pimples diminish significantly every night. Dare I say, I even feel comfortable going out sans makeup!

While I'm still on the look-out for a product that can effectively and permanently eliminate blackheads, I'm immensely satisfied with using this masque as an interim treatment for various trouble-spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Very inexpensive & effective mask. I agree with most of the other posts-great after steaming & really dries active acne or blackheads. Great for clear, oily skin too. Classic! I've been using this mask for over 10 years. I always go back to it.