September 1, 2014 | 1640 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by maiitaii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the few products I've used that went straight in the trash. It felt nice at first, left my skin feeling super clean but not dried out. However, I woke up to a bunch of clogged pores and small breakouts all over my face, and my skin was completely clear before (aside from a few "gunky" pores). Nothing else changed in my routine except for this. Never again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Ok if you want to do a face mask and relax. Other than that I don't see this giving much results. Turmeric mask and an aspirin masks actually give results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know it's the sulfur in this that works for me and I wanted to find a way to use as a daytime treatment. What I did is smooth a light layer over a plate and let it dry overnight. I then scraped the plate with a knife and just kept grinding it until a smooth powder form. I then used a concealer brush and pinpointed existing red marks and did a very light coating over my chin/jawline (hormonal acne) and nose, followed up with mineral foundation. The green actually helped counteract any red, just like a correcting concealer would. It worked pretty good, but can look a little cakey by the end of the day or if I use too much. Just bought a tub at Sally's for $5 for a 12oz tub...a great deal!
EDIT: I ended up mixing a small batch of the green mask powder and loose mineral powder. Everything adheres to the face better and the green tint helps mask redness. Looks better for an overall night treatment too, without the scary green face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by vivian308

This is a very very good product I gave it 5 stars for all category it is dirt cheap but really effective...everytime I use it, I feel like my skin is tighter, brighter, pimples are healed its amazing for its price, I think its better than some "hyped" overprice masks out there

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is the cheapest HG product you will find. I've used it since I was 16 and it's still my favorite mask. I have very large and clogged pores, and oily skin to match. It's always been my go-to before a date or an event because it tightens my skin, minimizes my pores, dries any pimples, etc. For this price, you really can't beat it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZINGGGGGGG. talk about holy grail. this shrinks my pores enough for me to be able to use my favorite moisturizer on my face! (St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen/Elastin) the pore shrinking results are literally visible. I use this 2 times a week on avg. more or less depending on how much makeup ive been wearing. contains humectants so its not drying, kaolin and bentonite clay which absorb impurities. this will bring your nasty deep bumps to a head if you use as a spot treatment and sleep overnight. I got it for $4 USD at walgreens, I think its even cheaper at walmart but I have a small town walmart so they don't always carry everything im looking for. a staple for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Taylorm3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combination skin so I just used this on my t-zone. This product worked really well to clear the black heads and tighten my pores. I am very happy because it worked well enough that I can put off a facial. For the price, you can't beat this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by SabinchenMeister

Oh. My. God. I had shunned this product for a while (despite all the good things I've heard about it) because it had parabens... but now that I'd done my research and made up my own opinion, I've started using products with parabens and this was at the top of my list.

First of all, the packaging is simple. You get a lot of product and it's a squeeze tube, so it's hygienic, which is crucial for a product that's supposed to clear up your skin. I've seen this stuff being sold online in tubs, but DO NOT buy it in the tub form. Definitely go for the squeeze tube.

The price is amazing considering all the higher-end skincare products I've tried. I've tried Clarisonic too, but even that didn't work as well as this stuff. My skin got better from DAY ONE of using this. I used it before bed and the next morning I was like WHERE ARE MY PORES. And my skin looked so smooth and soft and FELT that way too. Wtf where have you been all my life, Queen Helene?! You get a fricking A+++ for effectiveness. It calms down my acne, my pimples dry up, it sucks the shit out of my pores (aka blackheads and whiteheads), and I see great results with my pores the next morning already. OH-MAZING. I'm moving to Taiwan in a month, so I am buying as many of these as I think I can fit in my suitcase. This is like, my miracle face product that I didn't think existed. I just hope to God that Taiwan carries this in their drugstores.

I will say that I still sometimes get plugged oil glands even with this stuff, but I don't even care anymore because even if they get plugged, they don't ever get inflamed because this masque keeps my skin calm. I break out a LOT less often now, so I'm happy. Also, the tube says that it relaxes your facial muscles and I can say that I did feel relaxed after using it, and ready for bed. Don't know if I can attribute that entirely to the masque, but I guess it works somehow. It has a pleasant minty smell that's not overpowering and I feel like your pores can feel the minty-ness too. It's a nice feeling.

Bottom line: This product is a MUST if you're going to be a bride. This shall be used the night immediately before your big day because your face will be awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by seeka2000

I have used this stuff for about 10 years. It's wonderful for my combination skin. It doesnt over strip my skin, like a lot of products out there aimed at combo skin have. It has worked wonders during Aunt Flo's visit, and the breakouts that tend to come with. It's been a weekly staple ever since I stumbled across it in Sally's. I use this once or twice a week, and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and looking great. I will always have this in my cabinet, for the price it really does deliver!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by LorettaBellxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mask really is nice! My skin feels so refreshing afterwards! :)