Kiss My Face Honey & Calendula Moisturizer

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Stearic Acid, Coconut Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Grape Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Squalane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Honey, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Yarrow Extract, Orange Flower Extract, Lavender Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Fennel Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Linalool (from essential oil)

on 12/27/2011 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I purchased this after a major overhaul of my beauty products. I would much prefer to use as many natural products as I can. I thought the Honey Calendula scent sounded like it would be the nicest smelling of all of Kiss My Face's lotions. Initially I wasn't too pleased with the scent of the Calendula. I love the ingredient itself, as I know it's very good for skin, but the smell of it is just....eh. I adore honey in beauty products like this. If it has honey in it, I WILL TRY IT. However the combo of honey and calendula scent wise smelled like a dead flower to me initially. I'm not sure why, it simply smelled like dead flowers in not so fresh water to me. That was my reaction to it initially, but personally I have rather sensitive olafactory senses. I warmed to the scent and by the time I got midway through my bottle, I found the smell to be much nicer. In terms of it's moisturizing capabilities, it's not bad, but rather so-so to me. My skin was certainly not dry while I was using it, but it didn't provide anywhere near the super softness I like to feel after I moisturize. I do however find the packaging to be uber cute. I won't be buying this again, as I simply wasn't impressed enough.

on 6/25/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can see how the scent wouldn't appeal to everyone, but I love it! I keep a bottle on my desk at work so I just use it on my hands, but I feel like it absorbs and moisturizes well. Will repurchase whenever the bottle finally runs out.

on 5/26/2010 12:38:00 PM

Eh. I have this on my desk at work as a hand moisturizer and it doesn't do the best job.

Pros:
Relatively cheap for a "natural" product
Fewer scary chemicals than most other moisturizers

Cons:
Not very moisturizing
Not wild about the scent
Expected something with honey to be very rich and moisturizing

on 1/6/2010 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i really like this lotion for my dry itchy feet. since i moved to the desert my feet look horrible & feel it too! but when i put this stuff on at night it sinks in & makes them feel a lil better & a whole lot less itchy. (no i don't have athletes foot,just super dry cracked heels) the smell doesn't bother me either,its a light natural scent. its prob because i work w/ a lot of ess oils & carrier oils so im used to the smell.

on 11/3/2008 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this moisturizer because it was one of the cheaper fragrance-free and paraben-free moisturizers I could find. It does do a decent job at moisturizing, and the natural fragrances do not bother my allergies. However, I thought that this lotion smelled horrible! I can't even describe the scent, I just know that I didn't like. I hate wasting products so I used it up but was glad when it was gone! If possible, try this lotion in a tester before you buy!

on 5/29/2008 4:07:00 AM

Cute packaging and smells really nice! Plus its good for you!

on 4/7/2008 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got this huge bottle at CVS for 50% off, so at $5. I was looking for a paraben free lotion, and holy hell, I ran into this. Im so glad I did. My legs are soooo so soft and smooth. It smells sooo divine. Like honey. The bottle is huge too. Its a very thick moisturizer. Makes my skin feel protected. Finally I got a paraben free lotion! Threw out all the other lotions I had and went on a hunt. This made my day. Has such wonderful ingredients. Lots of them. Finally, good ingredients not chemicals that do a half-ass job. My new HG.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I guess because this has no parabens, it does not absorb...I swear, after I applied, I rubbed and rubbed and it would not absorb...plus, my hands do not feel soft after I finally worked it in...Thank goodness this was just a sample bottle and I did not have to purchase. Would not buy.

on 3/31/2008 9:04:00 PM

This is sold as a moisturizer for extra dry skin.Well ,my hands are really dry, I was using this several times a day, still no relief.It has something in the ingredients that make my skin feel dryer than before i put the cream on.Will not recommend to anyone.

on 1/19/2008 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I live in a climate that is cold/dry in winter and my skin dries out and gets all itchy very easily. I have been using this product for 10 years now and I can tell if I miss one application after a shower in the winter. My skin is all soft and moisture packed when I use this and dries out a week after I stop. I think the scent is mild and does not linger after I apply it. It goes on thick and might take a minute or two to fully absorb. I don't mind the wait as I often do something with my hair while I'm still nude. My skin will actually look scaly when I don't use this product in the winter. It has been, is, and will continue to be my staple body moisturizer.

Top Rated Kiss My Face Products