October 26, 2014 | 1404 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the redesigned version and it does do a great job on my lids as well as under the eyes!
Won't buy it again though - there are similar products available that are a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Summerjess21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A super good product. Only used it around the eye area and its perfect. Without it, I dont wear eye makeup. It keeps my eyeshadow in place all day, no smearing or melting. And normally my skin gets oily after a few hours. Also it brightens up your eyes and conceals well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by curvysharkbait

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! Got this 6 months ago and have been using it ever since. I find it works really well with mineral makeup.
I use Lemon Aid to correct hyperpigmentation from acne. A little goes a long way. I use my finger to lightly blend on the dark areas only. Then I dust over a sheer finishing mineral cover before I apply regular mineral colour over my face. If you dont use the finishing veil first then other mineral powders will get extra thick (and dark) in the corrected areas...which defeats the purpose of colour correction.
My makeup usually ends up looking chalky by the time I'm done so I mist water (yes water) over my face and the make up changes into a dewy look and sets for the whole day. No touchups.... well almost no touchups.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by HGL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this product to correct undereye purple and blue, with a little redness thrown in. Concealers and correctors in general do very little to put a dent in this situation and this product does take the edge off if applied under concealer. I am not 100% thrilled with it, as it can be somewhat thick to put on making it somewhat difficult to apply, but that is probably what makes it so opaque. I only use it on the darkest areas under my eyes. I tried on upper lids and it was a joke. Seriously creased. It is probably better described as a color corrector, not a primer by any stretch. It is, however, along with Stay Don't Stray, one of the very few products that has done anything for my undereye discoloration. Although it is thick, it is not super greasy like many "creamy" correctors and concealers and stays put. However, I think it is still too oily to put on upper lids, in my experience. Just not the right consistency for that application.

I'm going to try the Lancome yellow corrector (which the Lancome gals are always dissing for some reason). It comes in one of those doe-foot applicator tubes and is thinner so am not sure how that will work. Might be good for lids. I have found that most makeup artists think yellow is bad to use as it can look gray - be that as it may, I think it is better to look a little duller in that area than to look like you have a black eye! ;-D You can get Lemon Aid in a little container with 1/2 pink stuff and 1/2 lemon aid in the grab and go at Ulta. It's something that would probably be good to try before buying, although it is pretty inexpensive ($10-$12 I think for the combo pot). They also have it at Sephora but they don't really seem to promote this product much - I try to buy it where I know it turns over more frequently at my local Ulta Benefit brow bar.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by EnergeticCrab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift and have to say am very glad. Despite this, Lemon Aid has a very specific use. For me, this is an everyday primer, but not one that will last into the night. My normal routine includes Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and this comes no where close in terms of staying power; It creases, and settles into my oily lids. Especially in the summer. This can be avoided somewhat by putting on a thinner layer. The color of it is very good at correcting redness, yet it can also go on a bit patchy. You'd think after all this, I wouldn't recommend it, but I still do. The compact it comes in is the perfect size, has a nice tactile feel, and includes a decent mirror. You get a good amount for your money, and as long as you understand it's limitations, it's enjoyable to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jlhiga83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for four months and felt like it was a waste of money. Boy, was I wrong! A Benefit consultant sold it to me to conceal my dark discoloration under my right eye. I tried to use it as she explained and hated it. It was lost in the back of my makeup drawer for months.
One day I came across Huda Beauty's blog and she said you could use it as a highlighter. Summer is here and I have been trying to "freshen up" my makeup routine. I use it as a highlighter and it looks beautiful. I dab it under my eyes and above my cheeks, bridge of my nose, etc after I put my first light layer of foundation. Then I blend it in with the second layer of foundation and it gives me a beautiful glow. I set it with guerlain meteorites and it lasts all day.
I have medium skin (nc30-nc35). I am not sure how it would look on lighter skin tones but I imagine it would be just as beautiful. Bottom line is that I am so happy to fall in love with something that I initially wrote off.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this, and yes it does colour correct. However, it gets cakey and settles into fine lines. I definitely do not recommend this product specially for those with dry skins. It will accentuate dryness and any lines you may have. I'm glad I tried it in store otherwise I would've wasted my money. I will not be purchasing this in the future as it's not worth the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by wintermilk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first picked up this product I was hesitant because of the reviews but I went for it anyway.

I am a very pale ginger with lots of freckles and my skin is very sensitive. Just a little cheek pinch with give me red spots of my face for hours so when I wake up and give my face a wash my eye area is often very dark and purpley red from tiredness and rubbing.

I use this product mostly just on the space above the crease on my eyelid and below my eyebrows. Because I'm pale, the yellow blends in nicely with my skin tone. I actually like that it covers up my freckles on my eyelid area because when they are dark it can make my eyeshadow looks spotty or improperly blended!

I also blend it in a little on the area of my face beside my eyes which helps cover some of the blue and purple veins that show though the skin (I'm so pale I'm see-through!)

When I use it on my actual lid I do it very very lightly. With a heavy hand the area around my eyes can look flat and mask like! I don't use it on my under eye because I find it dries that spot out.

To be honest, though I use this product daily, over time the texture of the product is becoming a bit drier which I don't like. I almost wish it came in a smaller size so that I could use it up faster.

Overall as it stands now I would repurchase. Haven't found anything better that gives me a fresh and awake look in the morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by thatllama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I got a mini size of it from Ulta and I recently bought the full size at Sephora! It is the perfect correcter and primer for your eyes. I have problems with veins above my eyes because I am a snowball, so I got this to try and cover my veins. It perfectly covers them and makes your eyes look so natural! It is also a great primer! It holds eyeshadows on your eyes for hours and helps the colors appear brightly. The packaging (like most BeneFit products) is adorable! My one problem is that the packaging is black, so it can get dirty easily and that the tin is just a bit hard to open. Overall, this product is amazing! If you want to buy a high-end primer/color correcter, I recommend this. You can buy it at Sephora for $20

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by babydoll021

I love this product! It is a pale yellow color like a corrector, i put it on my eyelids in the morning and when i get home again its still right where i put it. Most days i don't wear eye shadow just liner and the corrected, it is such a pale color that if you put a very small layer on, it suits as an eyeshadow. It makes your eyes look larger as it is pale and therefore your lashes darker! I love this, the packaging is gorgeous too!