April 18, 2014 | 1585 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating *Cream*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this as my last alternative to all the other sugar/salt super oily scrubs. Immediately after rinsing it left my skin soft, but not baby soft (maybe my expectations were too high!). I can feel though my skin super clear and this is something I was looking after and wasn't able to find in other scrubs (L'Occitane, Body Shop etc.). I could feel the real difference only after I applied my favorite moisturizer, Baby Oil, my skin was indeed super soft. So I guess that it is an effective scrub, but maybe a little bit drying and I definitely need a moisturizer afterwards to experience really smooth supple skin. Despite what the SA said and my sensitive skin, I didn't find it harsh or irritating at all. The grains are small and they don't melt, so you need a little amount. Also, I can rinse it off easily without making a mess. However, I don't like the menthol smell and the cooling feeling, which isn't appealing to me at all in the winter. I admit that it is not so pleasant to use - I prefer fruity scents- and compared to salt-sugar scrubs it feels too "chemical" for me, I feel that I am using a lab product, whereas L'Occitane for instance was more of a "natural" product (but I guess I can't have everything...). Overall, it meets my needs and I will repurchase. I paid 30 euros here and the amount I get lasts me for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by trnglinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and cant find a better replacement. I'm pretty happy with it, it leaves my skin smooth and supple.. Yet with such a price I would prefer it to last me much longer than it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by genesis81

Yes, this stuff is kind of pricey for how long it lasts but to me it is worth it. I have little bumps on the back of arms that I had never been able to get rid of until I started using this stuff. I have been using it for about 5 weeks now and the bumps are gone. I bought the tub instead of the tube because you get more for the same price. I don't care for the packaging but because of the great results I honestly don't really care. I am going to buy more as soon as it runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by CRIPES920

I do like this product but...

It is better in tube format because it doesnt dry out, although the tube doesnt last as long.

Product is kind of wasteful because clumps stick together and wash away.

It does dry out, or hold too much water, and is a pain to open/close in shower.

I do like the way it smooths the skin, and its not at all painful like other exfolliators, but I think You could get the same results with a lufa to be honest.

I have two in my shower right now, because this product does last, but since its a pain in the tail, I don't use it all the time.

Yours
CRIPES

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is amazing, amazing stuff. i have had my eye on this product for quite some time now and finally caved in and bought in last month. needless to say, i am impressed. i have quite dry skin (also acne prone) and need to exfoliate a fair amount to keep my skin smooth and prepped for moisturizing. most scrubs i try are either to gentle, or are too moisturizing and break me out badly on my arms. this scrub however, doesn't as it has menthol and salycilic acid in it. it does the best job at being both an effective scrub and controling any breakouts i might get on my body. :) this isn't a moisturising scrub, as it doesn't have many of it any oils in it, but it is quite a gritty scrub and you only need a tiny bit as it lathers quite well in the shower. what i love most about this scrub is that the grains dont melt away, as most salt and sugar ones do, and you can scrub for how as long or little as you want. as i have dry skin, i need to follow up with a moisturizer, but for what this does, it is deff hg :)
KI

UPDATE!: me and this scrub are still going strong, haha! i have now converted my boyfriend and his brother to start using this scrub, and they both love it. i think my boyfriend even tried to use some of mine, once his ran out, haha! he says it makes him 'clean and new again' also love love this for all nighters. i studyed for three days for nursing with barely any sleep, and this woke me up, (with the help of coffee) haha! i recently swapped this scrub for the lush buffy and broke out all over my back :( probably because of the shea. i will use this scrub for a looong long time. everytime i try something else, i just go back to this, and just rememeber to moisturize afterwards. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by kitty62

Extremely effective for those bumps on the back of the arms. You know if you have them. And if you do, you need this. This scrub isn't going to moisturize -- there aren't any of those wonderful skin-silkening oils that most sugar scrubs have -- and it has a medicinal smell along with a menthol chill. Consider this one a real workhorse for stubborn, congested areas and spots where rough skin builds up. The creaminess of the base makes it spread easily while clinging to the skin. (It doesn't fall to the shower floor like some oily, coarse-grained sugar scrubs.) Unlike the sugar and salt scrubs, the granules don't dissolve so it can be easy to overdo the scrubbing. I recommend keeping it away from sensitive areas. I can't use this on my chest, for example, and I would avoid using it on my legs just before or just after shaving. But my feet and elbows love it. And if I use it consistently, a couple times a week, those little arm bumps stay away.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolute best exfoliator for oily skin. This has salycilic acid (whats usually in anti-acne products) so you get way less breakouts on your back, if you are prone to that. I wouldn't use it more that once a week, because it can really wear down you skin. But it really makes you feel sparkling NEW! i love it. I've been using it since 2007.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this body exfoliator/scrub. I work out and sometimes come back from the gym achy, especially my shoulders, when i rub the scrub, this feels so nice and tingly. I also love how its oil free and doesnt break me out or leave me oily like other body scrubs. I am so glad I have found this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OH MY, I LOVE THIS STUFF!
I got a free full size bottle when I bought a clinique face powder. At first I didn't really care for it as I haven't had much luck with body exfoliators in the past. This one, however, is gold. I used it in the shower and first thing I noticed was the smell - yum - it smells of methanol. The grains in it are not rough on the skin, but not so soft that you can't feel anything. It really helped exfoliate my skin and get rid of all the lumps and bumps I had. I felt so refreshed after using this, not to mention, it prepped my skin SO nicely for my self-tan application. My boyfriend also commented on how soft my skin felt the next day. I didn't let him know my secret though ;)

I also love the fact that this isn't watery, it's more like a gel, so doesn't slip off your hand when you squeeze it out.

I would definately recommend and repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 8:16:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scrub is great! It is super effective and gentle at the same time. My skin is left super smooth and polished feeling. It was a HUGE difference from the Body Shop (BS) body polish I was using. I followed with my, much loved, BS body butter. It went on so much better and spread so nice. I feel like I went to the spa and had an exfoliation treatment - it is that effective!! Also, this scrub did not irritate my very sensitive skin.

I would suggest using a good amount (you don't need a ton but don't skimp) and not rubbing too hard. Give it a little time to work and rub *lightly* for about 30 sec per area. You can actually feel your dead skin sloughing off. Also I would suggest that you don't use it more than 1-2 times per week.

The only think I don't care for is the smell. It is very medicinal, like Vics Vapo-rub. Because it works so well, and the scent does not linger much on your skin, that I can completely ignore this. I just follow with products that I do like the smell of. The cool feeling it leaves can be very nice in the summer.

I also took off 1 rating point for the packaging. A tube would be better for the shower. I had to work at keeping water out of the tub and kept dropping the lid.

EDIT/UPDATE: I got to the bottom of my jar and had to run out and buy another. I also use this on my face. It does a great job getting rid of all flakyness, but you have to rub gently. Because it has all that menthol and I don't want to leave that on my face, I wash my face again after using.

SECOND EDIT/UPDATE - I have been using this for a while now. I still LOVE it for my face because you get super good exfoiation witout having to rub. This means that your skin does not get irritated or break out. I use once a week, twice at most, and then use cleanser after because I don't like the smell or the tingle. This takes off dead skin in a snap!