MAC Fix+

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

on 5/4/2015 10:27:00 AM

I had been meaning to review this incredible product. I bought this one instead of the mineralize charged water because I thought this would be better for my oily skin. I am really happy with my choice. I use this for all sorts of things, but I do not spray it on my face after I finish my makeup. I spray it on my beautyblender for added hydration when applying my foundation, or to sheer out a blush that is too dark or too intense, I use it to intensify eye shadows as liners, and I use it to intensify shadows that are aren't opaque enough.

on 5/3/2015 5:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of those products that stuck by you and consistantly use. Im the kind of person that changes products often or fall out of using and this product has been used since i ever purchased and i will tell you why.

I use it to prime my face so makeup feels nicer when applied, i use it to take away powder cake face look and to moisturise my skin for makeup. And the differenence between this and water or those spray bottle is that when you spray it on top of makeup it doesnt sit there or 'ruin' your makeup (eg break down your makeup like some spray can do to the foundation like it kind of takes some off in a bad way if you know what i mean) this spray mixes into your makeup making it dewy and more moistured.

it has been saved my look many times when i had the grosses looking foundation like dry cakey foundation or just too heavy looking. And i spray this and it looks more like skin! I heard its great for wetting eyeshadow which i dont really do so i cant speak for that. But also another different between this and water/facial spray is that when you spray it on your face it doesnt look refreshed and dewy and when it dries the results disappear too.

This will change your makeup even when it dries up! But for prolonging makeup im not sure about that so its a settingspray as in changing texture and fixing it but doesnt set makeup though so i just use a realy nice primer instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. Although I love the matte finish, I tend to look powdery - which I hate. When I use fix+ after powdering it looks perfect as the finish is still matte, but no longer flat and cakey. The formula gives a luminosity to my skin and gives nutrients and vitamins at the same time. I use this all the time even when I'm not wearing makeup just to refresh my skin, and also to prime my skin before putting on a mortifying primer. I find the primer locks in the goodness of this formula and creates a barrier to stop me breaking out which is common when I use pore-filling primers. Overall I love the effect, a bit pricey - but it lasts so long that it's worth it, love the versatile nature of this product and would definitely purchase again!

on 4/29/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

LOVE Fix +.. I have been buying this stuff for years. When I first started using it I wasn't that impressed by it and it never got much use but my skin was completely different back then and I didn't really need it (oily). In the past few years my skin has completely changed and now it's more on the dry side so Fix + has been such a necessity for me this past winter especially in New England! I use this every single day- I spray it on my foundation brush before buffing in my foundation to give my face a dewy look and I spray over my entire face after my makeup is done. Spraying it all over helps to get rid of that obvious "makeup look" that dry skin can accentuate. It gives your face a fresh, dewy, finished look. For oily skin it's not a bad product but I would say it's probably not worth it. As long as my skin is dry this is definitely one of those products I will always have stocked on my vanity!

on 4/18/2015 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just bought my fifth bottle of Fix+. This product hydrates my skin beautifully. I usually pour some onto a cotton ball and dab it all over the face. Skin is left feeling plump and hydrated! It is a must have for me, and I will continue to re-purchase.

on 4/17/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had flaky skin around my chin and cheeks due to a product irritation that dried my skin out. I prefer mineral powder foundation or regular powder foundation on top of my moisteriser because I don't like the heavy feeling. Of course using powder on dry skin will look flakey so I used this to set my make up and at the same time help to not look so powdery/dry and instead gave me a slightly dewy look without irritating my sensitive skin.
I've since stopped using this as my skin isn't as flaky as it use to be.

on 4/14/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I just don't understand the hype of this thing?! I've tried using it all different ways.. sprayed my face after foundation, sprayed before foundation, tried spraying my foundation brush with it and?.. I don't really see any different! I'm just not sure I'll keep using it as I've paid £10 for it but I highly doubt I'll repurchase tbh. 👎

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this, I don't use it for eyeshadow because I suck with pigments but it's awesome for the face, I have dehydrated skin and it really freshens it up and is soothing. It really helps my foundation not look cakey. LOVE the smell too! Maybe I'll bite the bullet and try it with eyeshadow one day.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

A makeup artist at mac was trying on different products on me and when he was finishes he spayed fix plus and i GLOWED throughout the day, differently am going to purchase as soon as possible .

Holy grail product!!! I love using it to set my face after I'm done with everything to reduce the powdery or cakey look. However if you spray too much, your makeup might look a bit more dewy than you'll like. I forgot the price of it.. $19 or $21? A bottle usually last me a few months since I like to use it a lot. I wish it's a bit cheaper but it's such a great product I'll still continue on purchasing it! Definitely recommend if you're trying to reduce the cakiness of your foundation!

Popular Face Skincare Products