MAC Prep and Prime Fix Plus

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

This is not a setting spray! Guys, don't diss this product if you're not sure what to use it for please. It is an excellent product, the following is a summary for how I use it:
- Makes you less cakey after powder or liquid foundation
- Makes your skin look dewy, some days I spritz a couple sprays of this on my face and skip highlighter
- Freshens skin before foundation, adds some moisture back. Hell, some days I even spray it in my hair when it's looking dry!
- Makes eyeshadows pop, also you could just wet your brush with water, but I feel the Fix + makes it that little bit more
- Feels nice, idk honestly it's has a very refreshing feeling to it plus it's summer in Australia these days so I just spritz to feel the cool

I honestly can say I use this product almost every day, it's the only product I'm making successful progress in my back2mac mission

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I Love this product! I have the Urban Decay "all nighter" setting spray & I love that so much but I defiantly think that these products together are unstoppable! I feel so refreshed & I love the look it gives my makeup. I do think this is worth the repurchase! xoxo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. Super versatile. People, this is NOT a setting spray that makes ur makeup last all day.

I think its worth noting that the name can be misleading. This isn't a fixing spray in the same sense that Urban Decay's All nighter is. Its a finishing spray. I have finally used a whole bottle of this so I feel its a good time to write a review!

Packaging and Presentation: Much like many of MAC's products (excluding special lines) the packaging is simple. It has a black top and the frosted bottle makes it look more expensive (in my opinion) than a plain clear glass bottle but still allows you to see how much product you have left. The Outer packaging is also black with a little sparkle and as a result i have kept the box it came in to store the product in my makeup cupboard. The easy twist and lock top is a great touch and whilst the mist it produces isn't as fine as some other products i've used so far I haven't encountered any random droplets splashing out and hitting my face.

Uses: I find that Fix Plus as ALLOT of uses. Its primary use obviously being as a finishing spray. I have a habit of over powdering my face since i suffer from mild acne and this results in my skin being pretty oil prone. This often resulted in me looking very cakey and like i had layers and layers of makeup on (which I often do!). It helps my powder settle and gives me a slight dewy glow. The first few times i used it my lesser educated (in makeup) co-workers asked if i wasn't wearing makeup that day!
I also sometimes use it before i start my makeup routine. If I'm in a rush and can't be bothered to wait for my moisturiser to settle I spray a few pumps of this onto my face and it quickly drys into my skin.
Another great use is using it to make pigments and eyeshadows more vibrant. Just get some of the shadow.pigment on your brush and give it a little spritz. The colour always looks more vibrant and it seems to last a lot longer!

Price: For how long this has lasted me i'd say it is very good value for money. It seemed like the bottle went on forever!

Conclusion: Overall I couldn't love this any more than I already do. It isn't a fixing spray in the traditional sense, but it does 'fix' things like over powdering. I will likely re-purchase this over and over again and at the moment i'd probably be at a complete loss if MAC discontinued it!

I wouldn't reccomend this spray, for various reasons:

1) it doesn't make your makeup last longer
2) it doesn't work as a setting spray, it just leaves water speckled on the surface of your makeup.
3) It broke me out in spots
4) too much spray comes out

However, if your skin isn't sensitive or acne prone, you could give this a go, considering all it's hype.

This spray will not make your make up last longer nor provide jaw dropping results, but it will make your make up look less powdery or cakey. I like to spray some on my eyeshadow brushes to intensify my eyeshadow. Its is also good to refresh your face after a long day of wearing your make up. Its ok.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product is amazing or me. It is not a setting spray but a finishing spray. It fixes your makeup. A few sprays of this before my makeup makes it go on much smoother. If I use it after putting on powder it takes the powdery cake face away. It smells great also! It's great for wetting powdered products to turn them creamy also, things like blushes and eyeshadows. Sometimes I even use this without makeup, just to moisturize my face, it makes my makeup-less face feel rejuvenated. It is a great product and I recommend it.

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think this is a product that has many great functions:

-I like to use this as a face refresher before I start my base and it makes my skin very hydrated and plumped.

-This can also be used to intensify eyeshadow but I have other sprays that can do this too so nothing special

-This does not work as a spray to use if you want lasting makeup because it does not prolong the makeup wear time

-People say to spray this as the last step of your makeup routine so that your foundation is meshed to your skin and makes it look more natural but that's the opposite for me. It sometimes gives off a more powdery look and I find that makes slides more quickly when I do that.

Overall nothing special given it's hype, but not something that's too awful to use (albeit quite unnecessary).

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Fix+ is a newer staple for me. The first bottle I bought had a faulty mist pump and squirted a stream straight up every time. Returning was a nightmare (MAC customer service...ew). Finally exchanged it. Since then I love it. I use it for wet eyeshadow applications or to turn a shadow into a liner, mostly. Other things I do is spray my face either before my foundation or after my final setting powder. I spray before when I need a little hit of moisture on my dry skin. I spray after when the powder is a little too powdery and I want the makeup to meld/cling to my face a bit more naturally. You don't need lots. There are cheaper dupes I'm sure, but this one works for me (for now!).

This products works so lovely! If I apply this on top of my makeup it feels light and wearable, it also makes it last that extra bit longer. It has also improved my skin a little bit as it adds moisture when my makeup would dry up my skin. Will definitely buy again!!!

Popular Face Skincare Products